• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs vs Waratahs - 2011R05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Tin Ears was just simply awesome. Unbelievable a week back our weakest beating the Tahs at home. Wow dont ever write them off!
The Cheetahs were simply awesome. They came out with a gameplan suited to the conditions and stuck to it, despite losing their 4th choice captain 10 minutes in.

It was inspirational the way they got over their jet lag and manned up in defence. Sure they didn't really look to threaten the Tahs line, but they made tackles, held their line, forced errors, secured field position and turned the scoreboard over.

Can't help but feel good for Naka Drotské and his team, he was beaming ear to ear in the presser.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Right here!

Australia teams really need to lose their arrogance and front up week after week. Tags thought they could just show up and win. Like the brumbies against the rebels. Check your egos and do the work.

The only team that's impressed me this year has been the force.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
And to think the rain saved me from taking a foreign friend to introduce them to this great game ive been going on about...

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I took a mate to try and get him into it. this is his second game. first was last years reds v tahs match at anz stadium.

Charlemagne

Frank Nicholson (4)
You have to wonder what Robbie Deans is thinking, the world cup is getting closer and being New Zealand we have to learn to play in the rain and at the moment not so much, bring back Phil Waugh!!

D

Doc

Said this after 'saders loss. Massive over estimation of tahs form from beating rebels and out of form reds. Didn't expect this, but didn't expect tahs to cake walk to 1st place.

M

Moono75

Oh no Tahs you were simply gutless. Well done the Cheetahs, they've been about the place this year and deserved the win. Played with heart and got he job done. Not sure where the power lies in the Australian conference. Reds won well but Rebels are nothing special. Tahs overrated again, need Phil Waugh to give then some spirit. Brumbies are a bunch of back stabbers, Reds....undecided yet.....Rebels....running out of depth...Thank god the Force got up tonight over the spirited Lions in the wet.

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
The people who identify talent or pick teams should have a long hard look at themselves. This game was symptomatic of what is wrong with Australian rugby. One, the pathways from school to senior rep rugby; two, the fixation on players with reputations forged at schoolboy level; three, the inability to recognize and stick with hard ruthless men.

Boo-frikkin-hoo... A bunch of soft upper class numpties from NSW lose and rugby in Australia is cactus?

Are you really that insular?

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I thought the ref was fine. I am still unconvinced the last Cheetahs try was legit with the crawling and all, but so what? The one habit he had that annoyed me a bit was the constant talk to players (mainly the Cheetahs) to get back onside, often 2 or 3 times at each breakdown. At some point, he probably could have penalised them to make the point stick! Also a bit lax getting players to get the hell out of the breakdown with a lot of lying about. He had a fair game I reckon.

Stop warning them and blow the whistle, one could say, but I guess you get the benefit of the doubt for being the front-foot side and playing aggressively off the line. At the ground it looked like the Cheetahs spent a lot of time offside and there were a bunch of other problems, I thought. Still, if the 50-50 calls were all going one way it was the team that deserved them getting them.

But anyway, yeah, who cares? Tahs lost because they sucked.

D

daz

You have to wonder what Robbie Deans is thinking

Just a guess, but I would not imagine he is thrilled with the idea of all his hard work developing players, structure and confidence over the last international season leading into a RWC year being thrown away by provincial coaches and organisations who frankly don't seem to have a clue.

Yes, I'm talking about you, Tahs and Brumbies.

D

daz

Boo-frikkin-hoo... A bunch of soft upper class numpties from NSW lose and rugby in Australia is cactus?

Are you really that insular?

I don't really think this result shows deep and unrecoverable problems in the structure of rugby within Oz, no. A loss is not going to destroy the code, as far as I can tell.

However, those "soft upper class numpties" from NSW you are talking about just happen to supply a goodly chunk of Wallabies players. I'd rather they were playing some good rugby and filling their boots with confidence this year, if it is all the same to you.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The game just highlights how important the mental side of the game is theses days.

The Tahs played like they believed they would win from the start and then watched each other expecting someone else to sort it out, someone else to clean out, someone else to run support lines etc etc.

Whereas the Cheetahs go stuck in and battled for every ball - they thoroughly deserved their win.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i dont think the waratahs played like they had won from the start at all. they just looked off from the moment they ran out and there didnt seem to be any leadership what so ever to get them back int he game. after the first 15 when things didnt just open up, they just looked like a park football side wondering around waiting for beers.

wont matter though. the tahs always have one performance like this a year, hopefully thats it outta the way, unfortunate it was at home, but brumbies next week so it gets easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.