• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs vs Waratahs QF 4 June 2.35 AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Tahs need parese. It's basically a B team without him.

Great season tahs. Shame they couldn't beat the cheifs. If Edmund could kick it would.have been a different game. He must have left about 12 points out there which would have had the tahs in front for a lot of the game.

With 5 min to go a genuine intentional knock down when the tahs had a 2 man overlap and it wasn't even a penalty. Should have been a card.

Kiwi commentators are so funny. When it matters they start to whinge real fast when their team is under the pump.

That Sinclair pass at the end to Roberts was fine. Tahs got hard done to a few times.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep. Grubs
Not a fan of it, but have done it game myself when someone had made a smart arse quip to me earlier, then stuffed up when I was actually within range of him (which wasn't often :D) , so patted him on head, and hoped I got in his head in same way. Bit like Kearnsie and Fitzy at each other in test matches, if you can get in someone's head a little well........... (and who doesn't remember Kearnsie giving the fingers when he scored against ABs, it's part of rugby lore in Australia and NZ)
Mind you I know when someone did something like that to me I went hunting him a bit for awhile and so wasn't really doing my job properly, so job done.
And I will add I have seen Nic White get into faces bending over and yelling and laughing into face of player etc when he makes mistake, but no probs if you let it get into head.... oh I see I jus realised who he plays for ;) ;)

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That verbal stuff very different to a physical head rub I reckon Dan.
Not when I played mate, I always found verbal stuff pissed me off more than nudges etc, because they usually done out of my reach. And I reckon it happens (verbal, headrubs , nudges , elbows etc) in almost every game of rugby I see whether on tv or live and most grades etc. And I wouldn't mind betting I could find more cases if I looked for it in replays of last night games.
I genuinely reckon some of you have played in some pretty clean cut teams etc if you haven't seen or participated in anyway. And as I say doesn't look great, but I prefer a head rub etc than someone standing 10-20 metres away mouthing off,or standing over someone who has been smashed on tackle, as I could sort it out if I was dumb enough to risk getting penalised.
Did you genuinely never try to annoy a player to put him off game when you were on field?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I switched on the commentary to get a feel for how the Kiwis were seeing this match and even they were struggling to talk it up under the utter wave of bedshitting the Waratahs were throwing out.

Wasn't even a contest.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Did you genuinely never try to annoy a player to put him off game when you were on field?
No when I played I use to talk a lot of shit, sometimes even do that wanker clap in their faces when they made an error. I didn't rub their heads after errors though, that would usually lead to a scuffle and you'd be penalsied. Players know they can't retaliate these days and it's just bullshit. Penalise it.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Not when I played mate, I always found verbal stuff pissed me off more than nudges etc, because they usually done out of my reach. And I reckon it happens (verbal, headrubs , nudges , elbows etc) in almost every game of rugby I see whether on tv or live and most grades etc. And I wouldn't mind betting I could find more cases if I looked for it in replays of last night games.
I genuinely reckon some of you have played in some pretty clean cut teams etc if you haven't seen or participated in anyway. And as I say doesn't look great, but I prefer a head rub etc than someone standing 10-20 metres away mouthing off,or standing over someone who has been smashed on tackle, as I could sort it out if I was dumb enough to risk getting penalised.
It was a bad look, it doesn’t matter how many paragraphs you write in defence of it.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Anyway. I can't see the cheifs going much further in the comp.

Tahs fans should.be pretty happy. So much potential in that team. Nawaquwanitawasi (didn't check my spelling how close was I haha ) was a gun on that under 21s world cup a few years ago and is starting to shine at professional levels.

Peach is a gun. That bloke is a future wallaby in my opinion and that's saying a lot when we have so many good wingers.

Gamble is just what the tahs need. An agressive no nonsense back rower who can jackle, make big hits and run the ball well

Bells ball running in this game was really impressive. He has been one of if not the stand out props in Aus this year

If Perese is fit the team would have had another 10 points in them in this game. He needs to start for Wallabies

Foketi is like Simone. Very impressive in the midfield and can break the line

Pereki is a great adition and Gordan has had a really good year for a player I don't usually rate as international level.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Anyway. I can't see the cheifs going much further in the comp.

Tahs fans should.be pretty happy. So much potential in that team. Nawaquwanitawasi (didn't check my spelling how close was I haha ) was a gun on that under 21s world cup a few years ago and is starting to shine at professional levels.

Peach is a gun. That bloke is a future wallaby in my opinion and that's saying a lot when we have so many good wingers.

Gamble is just what the tahs need. An agressive no nonsense back rower who can jackle, make big hits and run the ball well

Bells ball running in this game was really impressive. He has been one of if not the stand out props in Aus this year

If Perese is fit the team would have had another 10 points in them in this game. He needs to start for Wallabies

Foketi is like Simone. Very impressive in the midfield and can break the line

Pereki is a great adition and Gordan has had a really good year for a player I don't usually rate as international level.
People who really rate Perese are those who judge a player by their highlight reel.

Perese definitely has x-factor but it’s completely individual- he doesn’t make players other players look better and his defensive reads are often woeful.

In saying all that though- he is exactly the type of player that the Waratahs need because they really lack punch outside of Bell and Hooper. I’m not sure that a really balanced squad gets the same benefit from Perese as the Waratahs do.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
People who really rate Perese are those who judge a player by their highlight reel.

Perese definitely has x-factor but it’s completely individual- he doesn’t make players other players look better and his defensive reads are often woeful.

In saying all that though- he is exactly the type of player that the Waratahs need because they really lack punch outside of Bell and Hooper. I’m not sure that a really balanced squad gets the same benefit from Perese as the Waratahs do.
I think the absence of Perese was highlighted by the fact Alex Newsome had a pretty average game at 13.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I think the absence of Perese was highlighted by the fact Alex Newsome had a pretty average game at 13.
None of the backs covered themselves with glory. They misread the Banks memo and covered their hands in vaseline.

Even Gordon was pinging them high and behind the man.

I dont think there's much as a coach you can do when there is such a collective shitting of the bed. No selections or strategies wouldve fixed that performance.

Except not picking Paddy fucking Ryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.