• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Coaching Options for Qld Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Stiles has done a good job with the set pieces, but the ruck work has not been too good. That'd be my biggest criticism of him.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
All we need is an Attack Coach, a Defence Coach and a Head Coach.

Happy with Stiles - I think he has done a good job on the set piece - even though we are missing Greg Holmes and Simmons big time.

Don't agree with a 7's coach. Totally different sport nowdays and nearly like touch footy. It would be a huge transition to Super 15 level, There are better options (I think)

It's a pity the QRU didn't have the same foresight as you.:)

Graham played his club rugby for Easts RFC in Brisbane. He played for Queensland and also Australia 'A' in the 15-a-side game. It was as a Rugby 7s player that Graham was best known. He played for and captained the Australian Rugby 7s team between 1998 and 2002. He attended 2 Commonwealth Games in 1998 (Kuala Lumpur) and 2002 (Manchester)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Graham_(rugby_union)

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I heard that players may have approached the board with issues only to be shut down. Seems the board have the head still stuck up their arses and would prefer to blame the players rather than their rubbish coach they have at the helm in which they appointed.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Players are paid. If that was the case then that is a push for player power. Once exhibited and listened to and acted upon by the Board, the culture is fucked.

I may not think RG has proved to be the right choice at the Reds.

BUT BUT BUT he is the Coach until the Board decides otherwise. That will surely happen between now and the end of the season.

UNTIL that time the players just need to play to the best of their ability irrespective of the obstacles they perceive are in front of them.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
Here's a question. With an attitude shift, some returning players and a match against the bottom SA team on tour, we'd hope there is a bit of a form shift this week.

But what if the Reds win 6 (or perhaps even 7) of the remaining 11 games? Is RG still a shot duck?

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Here's a question. With an attitude shift, some returning players and a match against the bottom SA team on tour, we'd hope there is a bit of a form shift this week.

But what if the Reds win 6 (or perhaps even 7) of the remaining 11 games? Is RG still a shot duck?

It still depends.

If the gameplay is still disjointed and relies principally on individual brilliance, then I would still want him gone even if we were winning because the chances would be that the overall skill development would be lacking and if i just want to watch awesome individual stuff i would just watch athletics.

The ARU should have a say as well - if the Reds or the Tahs are not producing a constant stream of wallaby contenders, then there is something fundamentally wrong with the setup.

It would also depend on what kind of relationship he has with the players though and that is something i have no idea about - they don't appear to be too receptive to him on the field in warm up, but maybe the Reds are just a bunch of sulky dudes. Players looking to go elsewhere unless they are paid a lot more money *could* be an indicator of deeper issues but is not necessarily a sign.

If he can finally realise his dream of unleashing his game plan on the world and it is something that works and is producing results (7 or 8 out of 11) - then he has done more than enough to earn his chance to stay because there would be very few coaches at this level who have toiled away with so little to show for their efforts and to turn it around now would put him in a very rare category (and very capable one at that).

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Tim Lane wouldn't be the first aussie coach sacked bby a French club, the previous two who went to super rugby did okay. Their names? ewen McKenzie and Michael Cheika.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
My question is what happened to the review of the HPU?

Is that still ongoing or was it just an idea floated to take some of the pressure off the board?

T

TOCC

My question is what happened to the review of the HPU?

Is that still ongoing or was it just an idea floated to take some of the pressure off the board?

Most thorough reviews take more then 2 weeks, but also I think they would have been waiting to see the result of tonight..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The current coaching contingent must feel about as secure as the playing surface at Lancaster Park Christchurch after tonight's efforts.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
So all the talk about injuries has to go now. We'll get chat about how it takes time for the team to get back together. We saw a couple of moments tonight that indicated some hope but will that be enough to keep RG in the hot seat? Massive game against the Rebels next weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Based on our games to date, I pretty much don't see how we will get another win this season.
We had 58% territory and 61% possession against the Lions at home. We were fresh off a bye and them on the 4th game of their tour.
Nope, no more wins for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.