• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Could the Kiwi's be losing Dan Carter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Here is the team.. Looks like the one they will ride as far as they can in this comp. Aside from Ellis starting over Cowan, and Ben Franks and Dagg being on the bench ahead of Afoa and SBW, I think this is now the team I'd expect Henry to select in the knock-out stages.

All Blacks team to play Japan named.

1. Tony Woodcock
2. Keven Mealamu
3. Owen Franks
4. Brad Thorn
5. Sam Whitelock
6. Jerome Kaino
7. Richie McCaw – captain
8. Adam Thomson
9. Andy Ellis
10. Daniel Carter
11. Richard Kahui
12. Ma’a Nonu
13. Conrad Smith
14. Cory Jane
15. Mils Muliaina
16. Andrew Hore
17. John Afoa
18. Ali Williams
19. Victor Vito
20. Piri Weepu
21. Colin Slade
22. Sonny Bill Williams

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Yeah close to final team assuming Kahui continues to play well. Expecting Read will come right also.
SBW is a surprise, guess Kahui to fb if Mils has to come off.

F

François

To me putting Mils instead of Dagg doesn't make that the A team.. Mils is past his best and Dagg is firing... human factor I guess. They can't just leave the guy on the stand, he is too much of a legend.

That game should reach the high 70's.. Japan will be outclassed everywhere across the park.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
I actually wouldn't mind if they looked at Ellis for regular starting duties. Cowan and Weepu haven't been great lately, and Ellis has pleeeeeeenty of knock-out experience. He's a good defender (probably not quite as good as Cowan), has a good attacking kicking game (at least the equal of Weepu's grubbers) and probably has the best service of the three. He even has provincial combos with both Carter and Slade.

It's probably too late to spring a new halfback, but the Crusaders part of my brain is a big fan.

J

Jay

Yeah close to final team assuming Kahui continues to play well. Expecting Read will come right also.
SBW is a surprise, guess Kahui to fb if Mils has to come off.

Jane to fullback, SBW to wing would be more likely. Jane plays fullback for the Hurricanes remember. Slade has played there too.

Top Bloke

Ward Prentice (10)
Jane to fullback, SBW to wing would be more likely. Jane plays fullback for the Hurricanes remember. Slade has played there too.
Most people seem to forget Nonu has played wing @ Super rugby level as well, so another option could be SBW to 2nd & Nonu to wing.

A

antipodean

I actually wouldn't mind if they looked at Ellis for regular starting duties. Cowan and Weepu haven't been great lately, and Ellis has pleeeeeeenty of knock-out experience. He's a good defender (probably not quite as good as Cowan), has a good attacking kicking game (at least the equal of Weepu's grubbers) and probably has the best service of the three. He even has provincial combos with both Carter and Slade.
Cowan was very poor against Tonga. This is both an opportunity for Ellis, whose service from the ruck is faster than both Weepu and Cowan, and a wake up call for Cowan.

Some game time for Thompson who was probably first choice over Vito prior to his elbow injury. I'd have liked to see Boric get some time on the field too.

Positionally the backs are well covered: Two second five-eighths, two fullbacks, two centres, three first five-eighths (including Weepu).

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
I still rate Cowan when it comes to a tight game. He is happy to hit it up and can hit gaps pretty quickly. I think this is just giving Ellis a little run. Ellis will be suited to a high speed game against the Brave Blossoms.

J

Jumpers

Mr. Carter is injured and wil not be playing in the Japan match and is being replaced by Mr. Slade. This should be quite good experience for young Slade who probably needs a bit of game time too. Some of the abusive language used on this site is disappointing, why foul language? Please keep it clean!

Searsy

Herbert Moran (7)
Mr. Carter is injured and wil not be playing in the Japan match and is being replaced by Mr. Slade. This should be quite good experience for young Slade who probably needs a bit of game time too. Some of the abusive language used on this site is disappointing, why foul language? Please keep it clean!

Foul language isn't really prohibited (have a listen to the podcast). Abusive language is -

6. Play the ball not the man. Personal comments will be deleted and you'll get a card or ban.
This also applies to comments about players, coaches and other public figures. Feel free to criticize their play and decisions with reasoning, but not slander them as a person.
"Like last weekend, he's always seagulling and it gives me the shits" is OK.
"He's a f*ckwit who'll never amount to anything" is not.
Only a complete knob jockey resorts to personal insults anyway.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)

Guilty. Fair enough comments though, I only use when I'm really annoyed about something and want to express a point.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Yep. Team management are being conservative and resting him. Weepu is 1st V back up and Cowan is coming onto the bench.
They did say that he will be playing against the french next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.