• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

COVID-19 Stuff Here

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
How about none of the above?
Whose opinion then is worth listening to?

Keeping in mind I follow 2 rules when it comes to Doctors.

1. Unless you possess a Medical Degree and a license to practice I will not address or refer to you as Doctor.

2. I seperate Doctors as I do with most occupations into 2 groups those that are involved in a ‘profession’ and those that are involved in an ‘industry’. The best example I have of those that are involved in an industry are ‘allergy doctors’. I have never come across a parent that has taken their kid to an allergy doctor and been told all good no need for a follow up visit (subscription business model are the best). I don’t doubt that kids have allergy issues but it’s 100% strike rate.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Unless you possess a Medical Degree and a license to practice I will not address or refer to you as Doctor.
giphy.gif

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
And how are you feeling? Like death warmed up or not too bad?
Could be better, could be worse. Had a bit of shortness of breath which wasn’t pleasant. But now it just seems to be similar to your normal flu.
Yeah, me too. Went to a gig in Footscray on the 30th where all my companions also picked it up. But to be honest, it's everywhere at the moment. Testing queue wasn't too bad, but the results take longer than 'normal' due to each individual result being screened, rather than the larger batches they could do when the positive rate was ~2%.
I tested positive twice on RATs, couldn’t be bothered to go get PCR tested. A lot of my mates are similar, the current numbers must be so underreported.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Brad Hazzard said last week that "Everyone is going to get Covid".
I hope the posters here who have caught it got the Omicron variant and therefore will be in a strong position in the future - i.e. relatively minor symptoms, recover swiftly, and develop an ongoing natural immunity to Covid.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
How long has this mis-counting being going on?

Scott Morrison will seek a new definition of Covid patients in hospital, after the NSW and Victorian health ministers revealed patients being admitted for other reasons are being included in the Covid figures after a positive test. (The Australian)

I assume that inflated case figures have long been used to inflame the fear mongering that health ministers and politicians have used to base lockdown restrictions and mandatory vaxxes on.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
deadset, the number of braincells people are using to patiently engage with formerflanker on his "Vaccines don't work!" nonsense is staggering. He's not going to change his mind.

My booster shot is due from end January but I'm not really in a rush anymore. I'll have a good immunity from defeating the demon virus, and can wait for the rush to subside before boosting in a few months.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
his "Vaccines don't work!" nonsense .
Strawman argument Tex - that is not my position.
I said there is enough uncertainty about vaccines to make mandatory jabs the wrong ruling by Government.
Older people will benefit from vaccines and younger people will mostly not need them.
It should be an informed personal choice.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche, on GAGR debates about covid vaccinations in the midst of a raging pandemic.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm now on Team Anyone But No-Vax. You'd think he'd have learned from that tournament he staged where a heap of players got Covid, but clearly not. Total fluffy bunny as are the AO organisers.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Novak is going to learn just how short-tempered and cranky the general public is right now. I reckon all the pent up frustration with government ineptitude, testing fuck ups, lockdowns and general frayed emotions is going to be laser-focused on him.

I'm going to try for a stadium ticket just to add my voice to the crescendo.