• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

COVID-19 Stuff Here

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
This is on Daniel Andrews (Vic Health) and Tennis Australia. They green lighted him and it took the Federal Government to rule him out when he passed thru an Australian International Airport to enforce the rules.
As far as I am concerned this is on Daniel Andrews not Sco Mo don’t let your political bias cloud this.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This is on Daniel Andrews (Vic Health) and Tennis Australia. They green lighted him and it took the Federal Government to rule him out when he passed thru an Australian International Airport to enforce the rules.
As far as I am concerned this is on Daniel Andrews not Sco Mo don’t let your political bias cloud this.

Andrews did not green light him. Read the posts above.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
The facts of the situation get harder to ascertain.

Tennis and state government officials confirmed on Wednesday that the defending Australian Open champion – who has vocally opposed vaccinations – had been granted an exemption to compete in the grand slam.

They refused to detail the grounds on which the exemption had been granted but said having had coronavirus during the previous six months met the criteria
. (The Australian)

Hard to post opinions here when the truth is being kept from us.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Greg Hunt appears to support your position:
Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt said this morning: “Unvaccinated people, as a general rule, cannot come into Australia unless there is a medical exemption.

“That (medical exemption) process has been led by the Victorian Government.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
https://media1.giphy.com/media/cOVI5DhsKmTQyOpjpi/200.gif

"... then he got deported."

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Can you walk us through how this is on Daniel Andrews?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
The truth is going to be pretty bland. Super wealthy tennis player either filled out the wrong visa form or fudged his evidence, fell afoul of Australia's vicious migration system.

The alternatives are so much more fun!

DAN ANDREWS IS RESPONSIBLE!!!
THIS IS AN ASSAULT ON THE SOVEREIGNITY OF A PROUD SERB HERO!!!!
SCOMO IS PLAYING POLITICAL TENNIS WITH NOVAK!!!
AN OUTRAGEOUS OVERREACH OF A FASCIST STATE!!!!
PAYBACK FOR SREBRENICA!!!!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
If all other players granted an exemption under the AO/Victorian Government process are also barred from entry, then I'll concede you were correct.

If one player (who elected to tell the world he was granted an exemption under an anonymous process...) get barred at the border for irregularities in his visa application, then surely you concede it's the fault of the individual responsible for putting his signature on the forms?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Actually, it's super easy to post opinions when we won't find out the whole truth - everyone can just blame their most-hated politician/agency/sporting organisation, and cherry-pick the evidence that supports it. Everyone wins!

Man isn't that ever the truth. I fight hard to resist the temptation but fall victim to it at times.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Who runs Victoria Heath a sub committee of the local bowling club?

It’s a medical panel operating within Victorian Health, independent of any ministerial input, and blind to the identify or country of origin of the applicant…. As mentioned.

It would seem NoVax’s supporting documents were not adequate.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
It’s a medical panel operating within Victorian Health, independent of any ministerial input, and blind to the identify or country of origin of the applicant…. As mentioned.

It would seem NoVax’s supporting documents were not adequate.
But those supporting documents are blind to identity and country of origin?

How do you know they are not adequate and the how do they match to the person when they arrive?