• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

COVID-19 Stuff Here

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
It’s a medical panel operating within Victorian Health, independent of any ministerial input, and blind to the identify or country of origin of the applicant…. As mentioned.

It would seem NoVax’s supporting documents were not adequate.
Bloody confusing isn't it.
I see it as:
1. Tennis Australia's expert panels decreed that player x (The Joker) satisfied all their requirements to enter the tournament. Many more (15 I think) were also cleared to play unvaccinated.
2. Border Control said no to The Joker entering Australia unvaccinated. After he arrived.

Tournament rules (with Vic govt support) vs federal border rules.

Everything else is sideshow theatrics.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The plot (sort of) thickens:

Federal health authorities told Tennis Australia boss Craig Tiley on two occasions in writing that people who were not vaccinated and had contracted COVID-19 in the past six months would not be granted quarantine-free travel to Australia.

The emergence of two letters from the Department of Health and Health Minister Greg Hunt in November casts doubt over why tennis star Novak Djokovic was granted an exemption to play in the Australian Open by health panels set up by Tennis Australia and the Victorian government.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
But those supporting documents are blind to identity and country of origin?

How do you know they are not adequate and the how do they match to the person when they arrive?
Eh?
I think you’re conflating two separate issues here between the medical exemption process, and the visa/border force requirements…

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I really hope they sort this nonsense out and serve him up to the court of public opinion.

He's no risk to public health - the cat's out of the bag and one more unvaccinated person isn't going to end the world. Hey, if anything it reduces his chances, given how infectious this virus is.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
deadset, the number of braincells people are using to patiently engage with formerflanker on his "Vaccines don't work!" nonsense is staggering. He's not going to change his mind.

After giving it considerable thought I'm going to disagree with this.

There are many posts on here & obviously moreso elsewhere couched in terms first used by the tobacco industry in the 1950's wrt smoking & cancer; and subsequently by, among others, the automotive industry wrt seatbelts; the firearms industry wrt to gun control; the oil industry wrt to climate change; and the tech industry wrt privacy.

It's always "we don't have enough evidence to say A causes B" or "people must still be allowed to make choices for themselves, even if they're harmful to themselves or others". Fake experts get trotted out, real experts get quote-mined, wild conspiracies are alleged, etc etc.

It's a denial of science-based reality every bit as bad as flat earth or suppressed ancient civilisations/ technology but unlike those it's actually dangerous: it's killing people & I think it needs to be called for what it is.

Edit: this guy puts it a lot better than I ever could:

Last edited:
Reactions: dru

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Given all the expensive medical opinion at The Joker's disposal, I assume his stance on vaccinations is supported by at least some in the medical community.
I don't think he is being naive in his approach to covid.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
100% agree with you, WOB. But let's not forget this is a web forum for rugby nuffies to talk shit - one random bloke's opinions are fairly meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway. Plenty of cases in Aus right now. I'm at the tail end of my infection and feeling pretty good, maybe 80% recovered.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
It's a denial of science-based reality every bit as bad as flat earth or suppressed ancient civilisations/ technology but unlike those it's actually dangerous: it's killing people & I think it needs to be called for what it is.
Yet there are many doctors and scientists with impeccable credentials who are against mandatory vaccination.
The first who springs to mind is the creator of mRNA vaccine technology, Dr Robert Malone. To quote him,
I stand by this statement with a career dedicated to vaccine research and development. I’m vaccinated for COVID and I'm generally pro-vaccination. I have devoted my entire career to developing safe and effective ways to prevent and treat infectious diseases.

His statement? Vaccinations against covid in children are potentially dangerous, irreversible, and haven't been adequately tested.
His full explanation can be seen here.
He's no flat-earther.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
100% agree with you, WOB. But let's not forget this is a web forum for rugby nuffies to talk shit - one random bloke's opinions are fairly meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway. Plenty of cases in Aus right now. I'm at the tail end of my infection and feeling pretty good, maybe 80% recovered.
Good to hear your recovery is going well. Did you have Omicron?

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
My Woollies was absolutely cleaned out. No concerning at all.
There's another element at work as well as buyers stockpiling stuff.
Many staffing shortages across distribution chains and shelf stackers, caused by so many positive covid results and close contacts all having to lock down at home - no work for a few days.
Demand has risen and supply has fallen.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
1641559501684.png
Businesses Now Requiring Positive COVID Test As Proof Of Vaccination. The Baylon Bee.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Lots of readers here would know of/be parents of/coach young rugby players.
You may be interested in this research into heart problems following covid vaccinations;
In summary, the risk of hospital admission or death from myocarditis is greater following COVID-19 infection than following vaccination and remains modest following sequential doses of mRNA vaccine including a third booster dose of BNT162b in the overall population. However, the risk of myocarditis following vaccination is consistently higher in younger males, particularly following a second dose of RNA mRNA-1273 vaccine.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Lots of readers here would know of/be parents of/coach young rugby players.
You may be interested in this research into heart problems following covid vaccinations;
In summary, the risk of hospital admission or death from myocarditis is greater following COVID-19 infection than following vaccination and remains modest following sequential doses of mRNA vaccine including a third booster dose of BNT162b in the overall population. However, the risk of myocarditis following vaccination is consistently higher in younger males, particularly following a second dose of RNA mRNA-1273 vaccine.
You missed the key part of that paragraph lol.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ the five characteristics of science denial:
1. Conspiracy theories
2. Fake experts
3. Cherry picking
4. Impossible expectations
5. Misrepresentation & logical fallacies

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
You missed the key part of that paragraph lol.
Bullshit I missed it.
It's deliberately included to give the full story.
You on the other hand appear to have missed my introduction - "young rugby players" - which led to my bolding of "younger males".
Happy to debate you on the facts and research, but you should give up on false ad homs.

PS have you seen any footage or press coverage of the significantly high number of soccer players collapsing at training and games?
Here is an article at news.com listing a lot of the individual cases. In their article Vaccine theory about footballers collapsing debunked, they quote our own ATAGAI:
It notes: “The observed rates in Australia are consistent with international data. These data show a higher rate in younger individuals (particularly younger males) and following second doses. Most reported cases have been mild, self-limiting and have recovered quickly, although further follow-up of these cases is ongoing. ATAGI noted that a small number of cases were more severe, requiring hospitalisation.”

So myocarditis after vaccination is happening. The only debate is how widespread it is, and if the level of risk to young people should preclude compulsory vaccinations.

Obviously, in my opinion vaccinations (especially for young people) should not be mandatory.