• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders (NZ) Rugby Team Thread.

The Crusaders Rugby Football Team

• I begrudgingly respect their success

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I do not

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I hate them

• We all hate them

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I welcome their tumble into mediocrity

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • I prefer that Auckland team, you know, "The Auckland Blues"

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • The disintegration of the Cantabs empire gives me a stiffy so big it blots out the motherfucking sun

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • They had a good run but enough is enough

• Commentator Tony Johnstone having to witness their decline + Blues ascension = Major Stiffy Time

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I like pole

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The Crusaders have been virtually unbeatable since 2017 when Mo’unga has played, amassing a 61-5 record.
fozzie.png

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
cantabs_zpssb6mcwjg.png

"Razor here. Welcome to the New Dawn. Same as the Old Dawn. That being, us legendary Crusaders getting every call going our way and having 3 wind-brained Canes tries stricken from the record, then rubbing salt in the Canes stupid baby wounds with our own penalty try down the other end. Cantab cucks Bazza Pickerill and TMO Fraser worked well together to see us home. In fact, Fraser shattered the Cantab TMO record by going back no less than 282 phases to find a Cane infringement to rule out one of their silly little babytime tries. I believe one of their players actually dropped a lolly wrapper on the team bus on the way to the match and that was enough to rule out the try. Great work, TMO LOL suckit."

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
cantabs_zpssb6mcwjg.png

"Shut up. Everyone, shut up. The unthinkable has happened. I feel sick. Disgusted. Appalled. yes, the rumours are true; a raggletag team of mulleted delinquents from the island north of the mainland have cheated and connived their way to chicaning their way to registering the unspeakable.

"TL/DR; let us never speak of this again and take shared solace in the fact that our #1 cheerleader Mr Tony Johnson was spared the gruelling punishment of having to commentate this ignominous debacle. Get well soon Tony, we all love that you love us. Rest your voice as we will need you to be shrieking from the rafters next weekend, exhorting your heroes onto greater deeds as we 'welcome' this years iteration of the 15 or so idiot dog people bearing the grisly misfortune of having been selected to represent the Auckland Blues comedy troupe joketown franchise this year haha dont worry we'll make it quick haha just joking again no we will not".

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
He makes a good point about Ennor though - cripes he is average. Watching him live in person on the weekend the Crusaders backline created plenty of space for him and he does nothing with it. I've never understood the hype.
Which is about average for any Reason article, amonst a page of rubbish he may quote one tiny morsel that make a bit of sense, but at's usually hard to get through the crap to find it.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So they went away & did a bit of a re-design & some work on the costings. It may now look something like this:

View attachment 12809

Capacity back to 30K which is what it needs to be. I'm still not convinced it needs a roof, hopefully they can bin that when the costs start blowing out. Which they absolutely will esp for anything that's imported: we have suppliers who are now paying four- to five times their pre-Covid shipping costs. Also there's a shortage of skilled construction workers.

Budget blowout of up to $50Mn already so the whole thing is going back to Council for yet another re-assessment...

Marketing should start designing the "20 Years of History" banners for Addington Recreation, Sports & Events Centre now, Fiscal 2032 is closer than you'd think :mad:

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ah crap, further cost blowouts & delays...

Marketing should start designing the "20 Years of History" banners for Addington Recreation, Sports & Events Centre now, Fiscal 2032 is closer than you'd think :mad:

Make that 25...

Seriously, if this were Auckland or Wellington they'd have started building the fucker five years ago on the 1/3 Central Gov, 1/3 Local Gov, 1/3 Private Money model so beloved of the then-Centre Right Gov.

May not be quite ready yet going by Transmission Gulley & the Kapiti & Waikato Expressways but at least they'd be well past the point of no return.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Went for a tiki tour this morning before heading to the airport, Lancaster Park redevelopment coming along: nice lush turf, walkways/ exercise trail in place & they were digging out behind the old main gates where I think the toilets & changing rooms for the new sports fields & cricket Oval are going.

New stadium site still looks like demolition only finished last Tuesday (it's actually been over a year) but they seem to be making progress with the nearby aquatic centre & indoor sports facility.

Lots of new buildings since I was last here for NYE 2019/20 & plenty of construction work going on. Give 'em another five years & they'll probably be where they could've been five years ago...

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I actually not sure if they need to build new stadium too quicly WOB, on a completely selfish level we get more tests in Wellington etc because of lack of decent one in Chch, and I can drive there!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Council has voted 13-3 to accept a fixed price $683Mn contract to build the Stadium. Hopefully there's no get-out clauses on Council's side this being an election year & the sitting mayor not running again.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Straight swap. Razor fast-tracked straight into AB's job TODAY and Feeky, Foxy, Fozzie, Stormy, Mooary and the whole clowncar of failures put in charge of the Cantabs.

I'M KIDDING.

Even I wouldnt wish that on the Cantabs.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

The Christchurch-based franchise has yet to name a replacement for Ryan. If Robertson and Hansen, who deals with the game plan and attack strategies, also depart it will mean the franchise will have to fill three positions.
KCEJELMYDZGILJJMJ2BGV3FRKI.jpg

yes-jack-nicholson.gif