• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Reds 3/06/22 - QF1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Have to say, that was some tough viewing but it basically went as you'd expect. Some real punishment dished out by the usual suspects, though can't say I was too enamoured with some of the late injections.

Guess the match itself was alright too.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Thought that was Creighton's best game for the Reds.

Wilson was bloody busy but he needs others to do more when he draws in two tacklers.

The Reds found the best way to break that Crusader d line for their second try ie bodies in motion and they just reverted back to easy to guess passes.

Almost a tragedy to see how far our scrum has fallen, just woeful and puts too much pressure on the team.

Always hate Friday night rugby, weekend starts off on such a crappy note!

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Wilson was bloody busy but he needs others to do more when he draws in two tacklers.

The Reds found the best way to break that Crusader d line for their second try ie bodies in motion and they just reverted back to easy to guess passes.

Almost a tragedy to see how far our scrum has fallen, just woeful and puts too much pressure on the team.

Interestingly I thought they tried to skip Crieghton and use Stewart more, at least off set piece it looked like they were trying to do that. Tate was throwing it wide pretty early.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Interestingly I thought they tried to skip Crieghton and use Stewart more, at least off set piece it looked like they were trying to do that. Tate was throwing it wide pretty early.

Sure but it's not as simple as that. Stewart was more involved, but stat guru has Stewart with 9 passes and Creighton with 29. I realise that where you receive the ball as first receiver is a different metric, but it says something.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Does Daugunu have the wrong sprigs on? He seems to run as if he's too scared to change direction as he thinks he might slip over.
I've concluded that Zero and KiwiM are simply alternate Dismal accounts. Alternate aspects of his personality if you will. Although, all aspects of his personality are the same.
I will cut you Derpus. I will cut you like a big fat juicy watermelon.

LOL@cantab crowds, their most exciting moment is one of them might actually catch the rugby football. They are simple country folk. Give them a bit of pipe cleaner, or a lump of lint, and they'd happily amuse themselves for hours and hours.
KOB1987 must've hit a nerve with his "Mute button?" Trash talk. Possibly means something else in Reg's game?
mr-inbetween-season-3.jpg

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Sure but it's not as simple as that. Stewart was more involved, but stat guru has Stewart with 9 passes and Creighton with 29. I realise that where you receive the ball as first receiver is a different metric, but it says something.
hence why I said ‘more’… and specifically mentioned the set piece where it looked where they were trying to do that.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

Good summary and wtf has happened with reds scrum..but yes at least creighton came of age as indeed he is cementing himself as the heir for number 10.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
The wash up against kiwi sidea for the reds been a disaster- only oz side to not win a game and set piece got back a rate of knots. Must be hard being a red fan at the mo.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
ffs Goodhue looked slow and shitty considering he's been treated as the heir apparent to whatever backline position he wanted during the last 2 years of injury. Getting subbed for Braying Eeyore is not a flash look

Tate Mcdermott had some real skullbrained moments.

Oh well, at least it was in the balance til about the 60th minute

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
watched the replay and it was just more of the same for the reds:

ill discipline
no dominance in contact
not getting across the gain line
some poor kick execution

just seems to me that the reds have started to look more and more like a team of champions rather than a champion team. apart from the regular performers over-performing? have the reds become too reliant on their stars? feels a little like the tahs of a couple of years ago, just rely on hoops to get us across the line.

* also, the bastard sadists had soooooo much lqb from the ruck
** also reds over committing to attacking rucks is sooooo last year

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Reds did as well as I thought they would. With a C team.

Crusaders just smarter

Their tacklers always get in the way so other teams can't clean out
They ran vunivalu off the ball on kick chases
Turned over a lot of ball with no release
Jordan's try he was crawling and they didn't even mention it. The Wallabies lost a test because of that
Tate gets knocked out in the same way that kerevi got carded and cost us another test.

Blackadder will be a huge loss. He was MOTM for me.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The wash up against kiwi sidea for the reds been a disaster- only oz side to not win a game and set piece got back a rate of knots. Must be hard being a red fan at the mo.
You keep mentioning that they haven't won against a kiwi side (on multiple threads multiple times) they had a bad run, but did significantly better than force and rebels this season and on par with the Tah's so far. They also beat every Australian team twice in most cases.

Finished off poorly but will be back just don't see why you keep talking about not beating kiwis

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
It's all good, we'll be better for the experience and the young blokes will come back stronger next year.....

Except for 100s of Super caps heading for the Euro,Pound and Yen.
We're just a feeder club for abroad.
What a fuvking merry-go-round.
Unfortunately the way of the world atm when it comes to talent in Australia.

The brumbies have similar losses after this year, and seemed to hold onto White and Noah with some last ditch efforts.

It is cyclical though, the Tahs will be picked apart over the next couple of seasons now that they’re likely to become most dominant Oz team.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I've concluded that Zero and KiwiM are simply alternate Dismal accounts. Alternate aspects of his personality if you will. Although, all aspects of his personality are the same.

Don't you just hate it when you start typing "awesome" but auto-correct decides you actually meant "the same" :cool:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I missed all of the match... Where's the tour to?
Didn't say, was just saying how his players perhaps suffer from not having a NPC type comp, and all he said a tour was being arranged. I would assume it against other Aussie teams? As money etc may stop it being too far. Perhaps are looking at getting more play for their teams? It was just after he said the players can kind of stick with real good teams until 60 minutes and thought lack of game time copared to kiwi teams was one reason.
And NO I didn't think he was making excuses, just his observation of one way of improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.