• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ewen McKenzie Resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
I remember thinking when GAGR interviewed him on the podcast and it was mentioned that he wasn't getting much time to sleep I thought to myself "that is very very bad, this guy is not handling this".

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
While we can't speculate about what we don't know, we do know that McKenzie missed a training session the week of a test match that turned out to be a historic loss.

Even under the exceptional and difficult circumstances in which that happened, I can understand the player group seeing it as a serious break of faith.

Nah.

If there was another sort of boning that might be a different story.

Patston leaving the tour plus the associated sexual harrassment claim was a seriously damaging event that took prority.

In fact, it's been explosive. Ended 2 careers so far. - and counting.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
And in positive news, Pulver has just announced Billy Joel's "Matter of Trust" will be the official theme song of the Wallabies 2015 RWC campaign..

i missed that vital news.
i heard that BilliPu had selected "Perfidia" as the ARU theme song.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
i see only four realistic chances:
- The Great Cheik
- Jake the Snake
- Sir Graeme
- Wayne Smith (the rugby player and coach, not the "Australian" journo hack.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
There can only be two names in the ring as far as I am concerned for Head Coach.

Laurie Fischer
Michael Cheika.

I agree with Dwyer on this one. Cheiks to coach with Bernie the Assistant.
Sorry to see Link go. The way an injury hit team played against the ABs today showed real promise and real progress during Links tenure.

Straight swap at the Tahs with Cheiks? You know it makes sense.

this long-standing Tah supporter doesn't want a straight swap.
we had enough of The Coach for 2004-07.

if the Tahs must lose The Great Cheik to save the Australian rugby nation, Nathan Grey or Daryl Gibson will do, thank you

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
- The Great Cheik - Probably doesn't want it (yet)
- Jake the Snake - *Wants it*
- Sir Graeme - Buckley's
- Wayne Smith (the rugby player and coach, - - - None

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
While we can't speculate about what we don't know, we do know that McKenzie missed a training session the week of a test match that turned out to be a historic loss.

Even under the exceptional and difficult circumstances in which that happened, I can understand the player group seeing it as a serious break of faith.

I certainly can't. I have to say I don't understand the weight some people put on this - in any organisation with competent personnel, it's the exact equivalent of the CEO saying to the staff "I'll be away at a meeting this afternoon - the section managers will take you through the drills we have laid down"

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
No foreigners please. Haven't we learned our lesson???

There are several Australian coaches that may take it on for a short term contract to see what they can do between now and the RWC.

Jake the Snake.....are you fucking kidding??? Zero loyalty and boorish easy to beat rugby. I want to play like the ABs and how we played today. We just ran out of gas and quality at the end.

Dwyer
MacQueen
Larkham

It is going to be a Connelly type appointment for someone in their twilight who will relish the challenge and will fit the bill nicely.
Why did they let Fisher go......? Is it too late for him?

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
- The Great Cheik - Probably doesn't want it (yet)
- Jake the Snake - *Wants it*
- Sir Graeme - Buckley's
- Wayne Smith (the rugby player and coach, - - - None

yep, Jake gets the gig.

you'd be arguing furiously for the bloke face down with a sword through his middle, wouldn't you?

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
No it's not. It's a fantastic opportunity for a coach to achieve something extraordinary. Let's give it to one of ours.

Fuck Jake White.....who left the Brums in a hole.
Give some of our tried and true a call.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
If the ARU had dealt with the Beale stuff in a timely manner I doubt this would be happening. Two and a half weeks and counting. All the time the journos publishing new rubbish and players getting thenchance to have their two cents. It was left to fester and got uglier by the day. Who would have thought? Pulver must take some responsibility for this.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Dont be too worried Aussie fans. Sometimes its good to hit rock bottom and rebuild than to struggle along at a barely acceptable level. Hopefully a few more names, at all levels of Australian rugby, get picked out too.

Maybe Wales in 2011 will cheer you up. They did woefully between 2009 and 2011, only 5 months before the RWC did Gatland have enough and really put faith in new players like Warburton, Felatau, Cuthbert, Lydiate etc all the stars of the Lions series. He pretty much rebuilt a squad from poorly performing Welsh teams in the Pro12 at the time. And they probably should of been in the final but for Warburton getting a red card in the semi final. And to be honest, if that Welsh team made the final I reckon they could of turned over that very nervous, lacking a proper 10 AB team.

Australia has certainly got the depth, even if you don't realise it. Players who don't have a name for themselves yet should be given a shot, and a lot of the current team needs to go to.

Its better this happens now, than at the RWC itself ala Ireland 07.

Status
Not open for further replies.