• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

For Sale: One Test 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Interesting this, may have been managed differently by the Rebs - I will play it out;
This week White in announced new coach of the Wobs,
and Link becomes new coach of the Rebels.

I think Link could be good for JOC (James O'Connor), take QC (Quade Cooper) for example he's improved under Links tutalidge.

However if Link gets the Wobs, and Dingo goes to the Rebs it is a sensational decision for Australian rugby. JOC (James O'Connor) has talent but is not a good brand at the moment.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
However if Link gets the Wobs, and Dingo goes to the Rebs it is a sensational decision for Australian rugby. JOC (James O'Connor) has talent but is not a good brand at the moment.

^This. Would love to see Dingo build up the rebs. He has alot of experience now and would do wonders developing their young guns.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
He won't want to play wing at Super Rugby level.

I would suggest JOC (James O'Connor) will play where he's bloody well told to play. Or, at the moment, lucky to get a gig. And no, Bieber, you can't have either the 10 or 15 jumpers at the Pirates, they're currently being worn by two sensational young blokes who both started at West Juniors over 15 years ago.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The big test for O'Connor will be whether he has the nous, and humility, to realise that his fortunes lie in his hands, and he needs to start working out how to fit into a team structure and environment, on and off the field. It's crazy that a guy with that much talent is potentially putting a punctuation mark in his career at his young age.
As with many of this situations, you wonder who is close to him giving him advice, and whether he listens to it.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
One thing i would like to get on the record that the Force may have been vindicated a little after they did the same 2 years ago.

The media likes to think it was JOC (James O'Connor) who walked out on the Force to go to the Rebels but forget to metion it was the force who withdrew their offer.

Is a real shame that a young guy with as much talent as JOC (James O'Connor) again finds himself in the same position as 2 years ago. You have to wonder who is advising him becauce if i was him i would give them the sack quick smart.

As a Force fan i was sad to see him leave us the way he did. He never let us down on the field but his demands pushed managment over the edge.

I would love to see him back in perth but i think it would take JOC (James O'Connor) himself going back to the Force making amends for what went down.

Would be a real shame to see him lost to austraian rugby.

Curve ball option he joins the sevens program to make a real push for Rio?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.