• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

For Sale: One Test 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Out partying during the week of the second test, and then...

double-facepalm.jpg

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I was nearly feeling sorry for poor JOC (James O'Connor). Fuck them, he and Beale need an extended stint on the sideline while fit and ready. Let's see how much they really want it.

Sort of unfortunate then that for a new coach to work the slate should be wiped clean. Whether Cooper should have spoken up or not, is anyone still doubting the validity of the toxic comments?

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
ARU are partly to blame as well, this bloke who I have never been a fan of has been involved with the ARU since he was 16. If they did there job of the field as well by looking after these bloke and getting Some kind of old wallabies mentor, (cooper and Horan) he and maybe Beale would have turned out with far better attitudes towards the wallabies and the game.

I believe Deans and the ARU have lost control of the wallabies, and we need something like the Egyptian army breaking down the doors and cleaning out the board. :)

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
How, cooper wasn't even on this tours and they still fuck up.

Yeah, I really don't think it's fair to group QC (Quade Cooper) in with JOC (James O'Connor) and KB (Kurtley Beale) anymore. They may be pals but QC (Quade Cooper) is seemingly streets ahead in maturity at this point.

How do you think the beer-dumped-on-head incident would have likely ended if it was KB (Kurtley Beale) or JOC (James O'Connor) getting soaked in XXXX?

JOC (James O'Connor) isn't a test 10 anyway, more like test winger for sale! Hopefully he finds a home and gets settled into 14, where he should have stayed. I'd say he's probably the most talented back in Australia (if not the entire world) from his generation but much like his play at 10 the mental/cognitive end of things needs to be fixed badly.

T

TOCC

It's him and bloody mates that caused the toxicity.

So the QC (Quade Cooper) factor has been removed from JOC (James O'Connor) and KB (Kurtley Beale) all year yet those two are still getting drunk, punching their captain, staying out on a bender only days before a test match, drinking during rehab...

What's Quade done this year, had a beer poured on his head and left without altercation....

They are as bad as each other, JOC (James O'Connor) is an enabler so it seems

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah, I really don't think it's fair to group QC (Quade Cooper) in with JOC (James O'Connor) and KB (Kurtley Beale) anymore. They may be pals but QC (Quade Cooper) is seemingly streets ahead in maturity at this point.

How do you think the beer-dumped-on-head incident would have likely ended if it was KB (Kurtley Beale) or JOC (James O'Connor) getting soaked in XXXX?

JOC (James O'Connor) isn't a test 10 anyway, more like test winger for sale! Hopefully he finds a home and gets settled into 14, where he should have stayed. I'd say he's probably the most talented back in Australia (if not the entire world) from his generation but much like his play at 10 the mental/cognitive end of things needs to be fixed badly.

Latest article on him was a good read and mentionsed he was snuggled up with SBW at his house watching the Melbourne game. Not those exact words but they are very close mates more so than Beale and Jock

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
How, cooper wasn't even on this tours and they still fuck up.
Been very impressed with QC (Quade Cooper) lately but it's rich that he made those comments last year when he and his mates were the cause. That's what put a number of the Wallabies noses out of joint at the time.

Anyway I shouldn't bring this back to QC (Quade Cooper). That thread has been done to death. Lets hope we can get a new coach and the team start performing

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Currently wallaby 10 is basically unwanted. So either Deans knows more about picking a flyhalf than all 5 super coaches (and plenty of other experts), or he has completely failed in his selections.

It is farcical.

That is a not credible point.
They are not passing on a guy they think can only play 10.
They are passing on a player demanding a huge salary, that comes with baggage.
See the difference?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
See the difference?

Yeah, I agree, I tend to think the Rebels made a business decision. JOC (James O'Connor) is on huge money and hasn't delivered enough through injury and then subsequent form, so value for money to me is the issue.

The reality is that if he was cheaper he would have been resigned, it ain't like the Rebels have a plethora of quality backs,

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
just thinking out loud, if JOC (James O'Connor) did go to the Tahs do you think they could schedule regular prefessional development meetings between JOC (James O'Connor) and Chieka? You'd hold them on a monday evening and sell tickets. Maybe even get Fox to pick up the broadcast rights. I see new income streams in this

Scotty

David Codey (61)
See the difference?

Yes, thank you for being so kind as to point out why the Rebels have given up on JOC (James O'Connor). I'm way too stupid to work it out myself.

Maybe you could try reading between the lines yourself instead of being so condescending.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
just thinking out loud, if JOC (James O'Connor) did go to the Tahs do you think they could schedule regular prefessional development meetings between JOC (James O'Connor) and Chieka? You'd hold them on a monday evening and sell tickets. Maybe even get Fox to pick up the broadcast rights. I see new income streams in this

My understanding is that the Tahs are the most likely (might already have been a deal done).

T

Train Without a Station

Sleep through your alarm clock because you were up late at hj's?

For what it's worth a colleague of mine was staying at the Intercontinental where the Wallabies were also staying for the second test match and JOC (James O'Connor) arrived home back 1am Saturday morning. That being said, when you kick off 8pm the following evening, 1am isn't exactly a late night.

Status
Not open for further replies.