• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

For Sale: One Test 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Dear James

You may need this. Available at good bookshops everywhere.
ImageHandler.ashx

All the best.

Ben

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
My understanding is that the Tahs are the most likely (might already have been a deal done).
If the Tahs can pick up even 1 of JOC (James O'Connor) or Beale than the system is massively flawed. To even suggest that they would take a pay cut to play is a mockery to the salary cap, and I don’t mean a small cut I mean massively under his market value. Even the NRL has measures in place to stock this from happening.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Izzy approached the Reds but they could not fit him so maybe he is looking to return to QLD.

Folau - Reds
JOC (James O'Connor) - Tahs
Beale - Rebels

In the best interest of Australian (& QLD) rugby this really should happen.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Izzy approached the Reds but they could not fit him so maybe he is looking to return to QLD.

Folau - Reds
Beale - Rebels

and leave the Rebels and Force with nothing. Yep Best interest of Australian Rugby...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

Folau - Reds
Beale - Rebels

Fuck that. You can have rabbit.

Just reading somewhere else that Kaino was looking to come back to nz rugby for another crack, and the market is paying about $300k.

Compare that to some of the inflated bull shit being given to our underperforming backs, some of whom have barely laced up a boot at club level, and you start to understand why

1) the ARU is deeply in debt
2) we don't have the money for a third tier
3) we've got entitled little dickheads on our hands

Actually, maybe we do need both KB (Kurtley Beale) & JOC (James O'Connor) at the Tahs - exclude them from Tests the rest of the year and let Cheika have them until Super Rugby preseason.

Make them live in Mt Druitt and travel each day to the eastern suburbs, by public transport, to go hod some bricks and concrete. After ten hours, then they report to training with Cheika where they can run 400s, do burpees, and chunder for two hours at a local park under street lighting.

Then they do Circle Of Pain against a local club for half an hour, followed by 10 x 100s, a 5 km run to the local station, back on the train to Mounty County to start it all again the next day.

Sundays off.

Maybe they'll start to understand what a privileged life they lead after a few weeks of that...

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
as a rebel supporter i'd like beale to stay (can play 10) folau to come (fullback) and JOC (James O'Connor) to the tahs, everyone (except the force) happy :)

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Make them live in Mt Druitt and travel each day to the eastern suburbs, by public transport, to go hod some bricks and concrete. After ten hours, then they report to training with Cheika where they can run 400s, do burpees, and chunder for two hours at a local park under street lighting.

Then they do Circle Of Pain against a local club for half an hour, followed by 10 x 100s, a 5 km run to the local station, back on the train to Mounty County to start it all again the next day.

Circle of pain? That's a new one on me. What does it involve?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Circle of pain? That's a new one on me. What does it involve?

It's a contact drill (for maul, drive, and rip) where you have a ring of blokes carrying hit shields, and two in the middle with the ball.

Player 1 takes the ball into contact, player 2 arrives, drives, rips, and then runs into contact on another part of the circle, where Player 1 returns the favour.

This goes for two minutes minimum, then you swap with someone in the circle and the next two have a go. It's a real lung buster too, particularly if the circle is more than a couple of metres across.

But in this case, given the privileged company, I think the two of them can go five minutes at a time, one minute break for pushups, then go again.

The circle will be formed by the forwards from first and second grade of the host club. And they will be under instructions to be less than accommodating.

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Circle of Pain doesn't need two players, just one hitting hit shields suffices. Leg drive on the hit shields is required.

Coach calls a number, player hits the shield, runs back to the centre, lies down. Rinse, repeat. Player must run at all times, and drive on each hit through the shield.

Another great variation is switch the hit shields for tackle bags - the tall cylinders - and have guys lie all over them. The guy in the middle has to get the player off tackle bag and out of the surrounding ruck area. If there's a second player, he comes in and protects the ball, or cleans out a second guy either with a hit shield or also lying on the ruck area.

Either way it's just run to clean out, run back to the centre, lie down, rinse, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.