• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

Ok guys, as emotional as it is at the moment let's pull apart this statement.

"Primarily financial concerns" sticks out to me like a sore thumb.

There is another 3 years left on the sponsorship from the Road Safety Council.
Own the force also raised more than it's initial target of $5 million before any outside assistance

on top of that we have Twiggy's offer to pay $2000 per share directly to RWA & WF.

The Financials of RWA and the Western force are secure until at least 2020.
Fingers crossed for an appeal. Otherwise i'm absolutely fucking done with super rugby and will seriously consider getting my avatar lazered off.

Let's see what the appeal points of contention are. No matter what Clyne says, the arbitration was seemingly primarily about the alliance agreement, so financials might not be part of the appeal process.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
DG7fx-bV0AIcf0w.jpg:large

Jon

Chris McKivat (8)
Let's see what the appeal points of contention are. No matter what Clyne says, the arbitration was seemingly primarily about the alliance agreement, so financials might not be part of the appeal process.

I think they might launch another challenge in regards to the ARU potentially disingenuously acquiring the licence.
I reckon McCusker knows his shit, so if there is any avenue to explore i'd say it'll happen.

Not really happy at the moment but not full of despair just yet.
No way in hell i'm gonna watch the press conference though.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
You can always rely on the ARU to make the wrong decision.

The Rebels have been absolutely crap all year. Wooden spoon, three points worse than the Sunwolves! Horrible crowds (who wants to watch crap like that) and somehow "financial issues" meant the Force go and the Rebels stay. The Rebels are just not viable right now and into the future, but we are keeping them on. That's a complete joke.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
What a crock of bullshit. How is it financial when the rebels have been sucking the Aru dry ? And we have put millions back into the force ourselfs. I'll stick around for a bit to see what happens but my fox subscription will be getting canned as well. devistated

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
http://nedlandsrugby.com.au/2017/08/...ng-gun-twiggy/

NOW FOR THE SMOKING GUN… AND TWIGGY
Well readers, unfortunately the bounce of the ball didn’t go RugbyWA’s way in the arbitration hearing with the ARU.
But that’s not the end of the road for the Force, not by any measure. Rather, it’s the trigger for Plan B.
Apart from an immediate Supreme Court appeal and/or injunction, your correspondent understands that RugbyWA will pursue two other legal avenues against the ARU to ensure the Force remains in Super Rugby.
The first is the smoking gun your columnist first revealed back on August 4. And that boils down to one very critical issue: Was anyone at the ARU aware of SANZAAR’s plans to axe an Australian Super Rugby team when the alliance agreement was signed with the Force in 2016? If so, surely the ARU couldn’t have signed that alliance agreement in good faith?
The other legal avenue being considered is even more explosive. Your correspondent understands that Andrew Forrest is in discussions with the WA Government to consider a circa $120 million claim against the ARU for the cost of refurbishing nib Stadium.
Things are hotting up. And you know what they say about people being in the kitchen when that happens.
As always, stay tuned…..

Jon

Chris McKivat (8)
RWA Statement:

The ARU has informed RugbyWA today that it intends to remove the Western Force from the Super Rugby Competition in 2018.
RugbyWA remains committed to pursuing every possible means to ensure the Western Force remains a Super Rugby team in Perth.
RugbyWA is considering all options including bringing urgent proceedings in the Supreme Court of NSW, and legal action relating to the circumstances which led it to enter into the Alliance Agreement with the ARU.
Whilst the board of RugbyWA is extremely disappointed with the ARU’s stated position, with the support of the Rugby community and numerous WA business identities including Mr Andrew Forrest AO we will continue the fight to retain the Force in Western Australia.

https://www.rugbywa.asn.au/news/rugbywa-statement-regarding-aru-announcement/

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I know one thing. It's not worth watching super rugby anymore. The competition is a farce anyway. What does this mean for the Perth spirit ?

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I always thought the day I found out the Rebels were safe I would feel happy, knowing I still get to watch live rugby. Well this day has come and I can tell you from a die hard rugby fan that I am feeling extremely sad for the WF community and Australian rugby.

No one deserved to be treated like this by the body that is meant to be looking out for our game. Both teams and cities have suffered this year and you can hold your heads high cause you did a better job at being heard. Only problem is the ARU refused to listen.

I hope you take the ARU to the Supreme court and bankrupt the pricks. So that WR (World Rugby) can step in and sort Australian Rugby out once and for all.

M

Moono75

To say the ARU or from now on the Un-Australian Rugby Union has made an absolute balls up is an understatement.

So is Rugby a national game or isn't it? What is the f@rking point with the #uniteasone PR crap pumped out by the Un-ARU when apparently we in the West don't count. Enough of this bullshit being treated as the poor cousins. Are we expected to farm out $ for the Wallabies game over here against the Boks. F@rk that :mad:

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I always thought the day I found out the Rebels were safe I would feel happy, knowing I still get to watch live rugby. Well this day has come and I can tell you from a die hard rugby fan that I am feeling extremely sad for the WF community and Australian rugby.

No one deserved to be treated like this by the body that is meant to be looking out for our game. Both teams and cities have suffered this year and you can hold your heads high cause you did a better job at being heard. Only problem is the ARU refused to listen.

I hope you take the ARU to the Supreme court and bankrupt the pricks. So that WR (World Rugby) can step in and sort Australian Rugby out once and for all.
I endorse all the sentiments in this post, except that bit. Just cannot see a scenario where that would happen.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
RUPA Response to ARU Decision

Friday 11 August 2017

Following today’s arbitration decision in favour of the ARU, and the subsequent announcement from ARU to discontinue the Western Force, RUPA CEO Ross Xenos has released the following statement:
“Today's is the darkest day in the history of Australian Rugby with the custodian of the game confirming their desire to end the tenure of the Western Force and abandoning the game's national footprint."
"The future of professional Rugby in Western Australia will now be the collateral damage of the decision making of the ARU and SANZAAR to expand Super Rugby to a convoluted and complicated 18 team structure against various advice and modelling received which explained the associated risks."
“Players, staff and their families at the Western Force have been put under unprecedented and, quite frankly, completely unreasonable duress throughout this ridiculous and destructive process."
“RUPA has and will continue to provide any support that is necessary for all players affected by the ARU's decision. We have staff in Perth and are in regular contact with all contracted players at the Force and their respective agents. RUPA will do whatever it takes to ensure that players' contractual rights are honoured and no player is unfairly disadvantaged by the ARU’s decision."
“The people of Western Australia have campaigned fairly, passionately and with integrity in order to show that the Western Force deserve to have a place in Super Rugby. That campaign has fallen on deaf ears. We understand that Rugby WA are considering their legal position from this point forward and we respect their rights to explore such avenues."

Out of respect for the players and staff at the Western Force, RUPA will not be making any further comment at this time.

YFfDgSTUA4WFGBSPVevQ-IUb3SsYnF6UlOQvnWpQBTnk943aEURquZVpx4gxn8N8RBeEjbzevFfDAYCeLvAqO_Z3oRd3DTzK7C5J6bwQX1Y7lZBmdAaBfSlRiX_tyCvdspbmlTvAUNPvNZ0HPIFf=s0-d-e1-ft

M

Moono75

Pulver is stepping down. Good

That's not good enough. Too easy to deliver the hammer on the Force and then have the CEO resign as a means to placate the angry mob. Another b#llshit PR strategy! :mad:

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
So we keep our nrc team. I hope the spirit go back to back and let's get massive crowds down there.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Pulver is full of shit. Saying we still have pathways for young players to become wallabies. How many west Aussies became wallabies from 1997 to 2005. How many after? There is your answer you stupid twat.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
How the hell does it make sense to get rid of the force from a high performance base issue ? What a joke. We perform better.

B

BLR

So we keep our nrc team. I hope the spirit go back to back and let's get massive crowds down there.

How many players will the team retain though? Players come to play here to play for the Force, without that we will go back 20 odd years to a backwater.

Status
Not open for further replies.