• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Really sorry for all you Force Fans - although the legal process obviously owes a glimmer of hope.

But it should never have come to this.

B

BLR

Some damning stuff from Geoff Stooke's resignation letter. From: http://nedlandsrugby.com.au/2017/08/11/aru-just-cull/

“I never wanted to throw any team under the bus, but to create a situation that considers retaining a team that has lost almost $30million (including nearly $17.5million additional cost to the ARU) since 2011 at the expense of a team that has incurred additional cost to the ARU of only $5.5million since 2005 is outrageous! We should be rewarding success not failure. To introduce financial criteria that have nothing to do with the financial viability of each term is less than appropriate.”
“An appropriate consultation process was never in place & in my view the Western Force was always being targeted for removal. This was simply because they were seen to be the easiest to remove contractually but they were not the team that deserved to be removed. The process lacked due diligence & contained significant levels of bias.”
“I was opposed to the inclusion of an Argentinian team & a Japanese team in Super Rugby. Without doubt, the failure of such an unwieldy, unattractive & more expensive competition has contributed to the demise of an Australian Super Rugby team & the future demise of rugby in Western Australia. They did not deserve this!”

M

Moono75

Not that it's any condolence, but the ARU's NRC twitter account have said the Perth Spirit are here to stay..

Great.....but we want to play at the main table, the big league, not just have a NRC team which will have no super rugby players in it and simply be a window dressing opportunity for the ARU to say thery are still supporting grassroots rugby in WA and providing pathways for WA players to Super Rugby.....once you move interstate that is to one of the big boy teams on the East Coast. Who knows you might even become a Wallaby then.

Hearts and minds ARU and you've lost it, you have no respect for WA and quite frankly we hope you sink into the murky depths of sporting obscurity. How Un-Australian promoting Rugby Disunion. Shame!!

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
The utter stupidity demonstrated by the ARU is astounding. Just when you think a governing body couldn't possibly be that stupid they trump you once again and lower the bar even further. Depressing...

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Wow
a764aa2a238ad9cbd7ff04d8f6c399d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

M

Moono75

Some damning stuff from Geoff Stooke's resignation letter. From: http://nedlandsrugby.com.au/2017/08/11/aru-just-cull/

“I never wanted to throw any team under the bus, but to create a situation that considers retaining a team that has lost almost $30million (including nearly $17.5million additional cost to the ARU) since 2011 at the expense of a team that has incurred additional cost to the ARU of only $5.5million since 2005 is outrageous! We should be rewarding success not failure. To introduce financial criteria that have nothing to do with the financial viability of each term is less than appropriate.”
“An appropriate consultation process was never in place & in my view the Western Force was always being targeted for removal. This was simply because they were seen to be the easiest to remove contractually but they were not the team that deserved to be removed. The process lacked due diligence & contained significant levels of bias.”
“I was opposed to the inclusion of an Argentinian team & a Japanese team in Super Rugby. Without doubt, the failure of such an unwieldy, unattractive & more expensive competition has contributed to the demise of an Australian Super Rugby team & the future demise of rugby in Western Australia. They did not deserve this!”

Hear Hear. This is a dead set stitch up job by the ARU. The Force have been wrongly convicted on stumped up charges with planted evidence by a stacked jury. Thank god for people like Geoff Stooke who actually have some integrity to come out and say......mate this is just plain WRONG!

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Do all the other squads get allowances on squad sizes to accomodate all the excess pro players there is now?

M

Moono75

Bloody cowards punch delivered by the ARU. In WA we don't mind taking on anyone in a fair fight but the ARU stooped to taking a cheap shot. Make a fair judgement on merit! Geoff Stookes figures don't lie. You wonder how the other parties caught up in this saga could honestly look anyone in the eye and say yeah we earnt it.....we campaigned for our place.

There has been some shady dealings in all this and it's about to all come out.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
A nail in the coffin for super rugby. Long live club rugby, the heart and soul of the sport.

Eat shit Pulver, Clyne et al.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

M

Moono75

Brendan Cannon and Jeremy Paul's interviews on Fox Sports echo the majority of the rugby community. How can you make a decision that is clearly so factually wrong and still go ahead with it.

And as for Clynes bloody statement in the press conference thanking us fans for our past 11 years support of the Force....mate its 12 years...factually wrong again!

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Thanks to all who have and continue to support the Force.
To the vultures, don't count your chickens yet, down but not out.
At worst we still have a punchers chance and at best the cards will finally start falling our way. There is still a lot of blue sky.
All the ARU's dirty little secrets will eventually find their way out, they have no shortage of enemies.
Clone is desperately trying to keep on top of everything to save his own arse and those he made promises to. He is one man with no integrity, against many with integrity.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wow
a764aa2a238ad9cbd7ff04d8f6c399d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

As former Wallaby Brendan Cannon stated tonight: “Everyone must follow Bill Pulver out the door.”

How much could we save rugby by cutting the ARU? Operationally might be nice figure but strategically with the disasters they have served up over the years it would be a small fortune....

Status
Not open for further replies.