• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Sharks - 2011R03

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Red card??? Are you fucking kidding??? Jesus.

Exactly, look at the card handed out in the previous game, that tackle was almost the same and resulted in a yellow even though it didnt deserve that and now this. Another game fucked right up the arse by another referee decision. Or maybe I'm just cranky I've done my money on the force.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
If he gets a red card for that then Leroy will also be rubbed out for his tackle in the last game. Union refs are the pits c

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
I really don't have any problems with a red there. It was a pretty bad tackle. Not good for the spectator, but the tackle wasn't too good for Ndungane either.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I really don't have any problems with a red there. It was a pretty bad tackle. Not good for the spectator, but the tackle wasn't too good for Ndungane either.

As I said, no, it wasn't good for Odwa, but I maintain the tackle was worse because the second man came in. Anyway, sure we'll hear more about it.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
If that was a legit red card then putting someone directly onto their head must be a jail term of 5 years (with all due respect to the Odwa's injury).

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
That was a red. That didn't let him down, they pole driver him into. The difference in the the tel tackles is the force that's used.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
If I can remember right, after that horror O'Driscoll tackle a few years ago the IRB amended the law on spear tackles so that a straight red would be the appropriate response. Of course, what is written in law and how it is interpreted in the field of play is not always quite the same thing in union.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
If I can remember right, after that horror O'Driscoll tackle a few years ago the IRB amended the law on spear tackles so that a straight red would be the appropriate response. Of course, what is written in law and how it is interpreted in the field of play is not always quite the same thing in union.

But that wasn't a spear tackle, it was a cleanout, no? All the Kiwis tell me so! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.