• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Sharks - 2011R03

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
I hate Pat Lambie always have and I hope I always will. Fairly standard tonight, nothing special and some poor kicks.

The force back 5 of the pack were awesome, Wykes, Hodgson, Sharpe, McCalman and Brown. JOC (James O'Connor) wasn't bad but didnt have a lot of options good kicking as well.

I'm not sure why they were hiding JOC (James O'Connor) at 15 or the wing, hes not a bad defender and every time they got a turnover he was on the wing and they couldnt create anything.

Mafi and Wykes to start next week, McCalman to 8. Sheehan was good and I hope to see Pocock and Inman back soon. Also want ripia back so we can get rid of Gene ( I cant catch anything) fairbanks

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I hate Pat Lambie always have and I hope I always will. Fairly standard tonight, nothing special and some poor kicks.

The force back 5 of the pack were awesome, Wykes, Hodgson, Sharpe, McCalman and Brown. JOC (James O'Connor) wasn't bad but didnt have a lot of options good kicking as well.

I'm not sure why they were hiding JOC (James O'Connor) at 15 or the wing, hes not a bad defender and every time they got a turnover he was on the wing and they couldnt create anything.

Mafi and Wykes to start next week, McCalman to 8. Sheehan was good and I hope to see Pocock and Inman back soon. Also want ripia back so we can get rid of Gene ( I cant catch anything) fairbanks

Agree with most of that. Fairbanks had some blame in the red card as well, I reckon.

I suppose the idea of hiding attacking playmakers in defence is to not let them get injured, or too fried from a big tackle count, as much as they can't tackle (although in Quade's case his tackling is suspect).

But you're right that if there is a quick turnover then a player like JOC (James O'Connor) may not be in the right position to capitalise.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Is it possible for a score line to flatter both teams? We were rubbish, the Sharks not much better (they offered absolutely nothing in attack) and the ref should be rubbed out for six weeks.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Brave effort by the Force but they were always pushing shit uphill after the Pocock injury and the red card. They stayed in the game for a lot longer than I thought they would.

Anyone had any reports on Ndugane? Hope he's ok.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
It was never a red card. It wasn't even a spear tackle. He landed on his back. Yellow defiantly for lifting beyond the horizontal. Terrible yellow for nick. That was bull shit. it Should have a runaway try near the 70 min mark but the ref called it back for knock on. It was like he was intentionally making sure we couldn't win. I saw at least 2 yellow offenses from the sharks. The trip being painful for fans because the ref actually saw it and did fuck all about it. The amount of penalties the sharks had against them in the second probably deserved a card.

Just poor.

Veery unfortunate for the winger ( I'm not looking up how too spell ngdangani) but it was not a spear tackle. Be interesting what he gets for it. I reckon 1 week because if he gets nothing it makes the ref look worse.

So pocock maybe out. Mitch defiantly out (hopefully no tendon damage) sidey out and nick will get nothing for his ( hi tackle or no arms tackle WTF ) Not good for the force.

One more think on nicks card. I get pissed of that some times guys get carded for that. If chest hits before arms can finish linking around the body how is that the tacklers fault. It's not like he came in shoulder first. He was square.

One very pissed of and unhappy force fan!!

Go the force!!!!

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
Has anyone heard how Ndungane is? I definitely didn't think it was a red, and would hope that the match review would consider 'adequate' action taken, however I suspect if he's badly injured there'll be a sizeable suspension. Of course, that's not why I hope he's ok.

Agree it wasn't the best refereeing performance but honestly, it was probably the worst of the Aussie matches this week, and that says something. The force so badly need Ripia at 10 and O'Connor moving somewhere he can use his skills and his lack of distribution and organisation isn't so apparent. Really impressed with Wykes' effort, he seems to have come along, and McCalman was himself. Brown was himself, too, but that's less of a good thing. Sharpie as ever reliable. Shepherd solid but nowhere near Gerard or Beale, or even McCabe. It was just a messy game and the force had no ideas in attack.

T

TOCC

Apparently Ndungane is ok
JohnSmit123 John Smit
Luckily Odwa isn't too bad and feeling ok this morning after a stint in hospital which is good news

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Has anyone heard how Ndungane is? I definitely didn't think it was a red, and would hope that the match review would consider 'adequate' action taken, however I suspect if he's badly injured there'll be a sizeable suspension. Of course, that's not why I hope he's ok.

Agree it wasn't the best refereeing performance but honestly, it was probably the worst of the Aussie matches this week, and that says something. The force so badly need Ripia at 10 and O'Connor moving somewhere he can use his skills and his lack of distribution and organisation isn't so apparent. Really impressed with Wykes' effort, he seems to have come along, and McCalman was himself. Brown was himself, too, but that's less of a good thing. Sharpie as ever reliable. Shepherd solid but nowhere near Gerard or Beale, or even McCabe. It was just a messy game and the force had no ideas in attack.

The force did better then I thought they would with 14 men for 70 min or 60 whatever it was. Loosing the most important men in the team 1 being the most important(pocock) and Inman is very important bringing size too the centers.

With the full strength team it would of been a different story. They still found room with 14 men and would have scored 1 try if it wasn't for a trip that went unpunished and possibly another if the ref didn't call a knock on that went backwards.

Completely disagree with the worse Aussie performance.

The force have too be the most unlucky Aussie team in the last two years.

Go the force!!!!

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK!!! If this is a bad injury to Bam we can kiss the WC goodbye now. I just read the match report which tells me the Force were particularly "nasty" and "spiteful". I wonder how much of that started after Pocock's injury?

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
If anyone has bothered to notice there has been a zero tolerance stance against ANYTHING resembling a spear tackle this past 8 months. I would not be surprised if he gets 4 weeks on top of the red card. "Flame away"

So Pocock's got a knee injury after been held in some shoulder, neck, chicken wing hold...........

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
The force did better then I thought they would with 14 men for 70 min or 60 whatever it was. Loosing the most important men in the team 1 being the most important(pocock) and Inman is very important bringing size too the centers.

With the full strength team it would of been a different story. They still found room with 14 men and would have scored 1 try if it wasn't for a trip that went unpunished and possibly another if the ref didn't call a knock on that went backwards.

Completely disagree with the worse Aussie performance.

The force have too be the most unlucky Aussie team in the last two years.

Go the force!!!!

Re worst match, I was more talking about the aesthetics I must say.

It's true, they fought hard as and the effort cannot be doubted. However, they were woefully inept in attack (reflected in 0 tries), and despite a great effort, let in 5 tries in defence (yes, I am aware they were down a man, but the scoreboard doesn't lie). The Sharks were also called back a couple of times, and those things sadly happen. Losing Pocock, they moved McCalman to the flank and brought on Wykes - two of their best performers. You can never "replace" a guy like Bam but they didn't lose too much there, really.

I actually think they performed better with 14 than they would have otherwise (sans Pocock). It brought them closer together, gave them unity in wanting to annihilate the Sharks, and kept them on their toes.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Re worst match, I was more talking about the aesthetics I must say.

It's true, they fought hard as and the effort cannot be doubted. However, they were woefully inept in attack (reflected in 0 tries), and despite a great effort, let in 5 tries in defence (yes, I am aware they were down a man, but the scoreboard doesn't lie). The Sharks were also called back a couple of times, and those things sadly happen. Losing Pocock, they moved McCalman to the flank and brought on Wykes - two of their best performers. You can never "replace" a guy like Bam but they didn't lose too much there, really.

I actually think they performed better with 14 than they would have otherwise (sans Pocock). It brought them closer together, gave them unity in wanting to annihilate the Sharks, and kept them on their toes.

Yeah fair enough. I Spose we will never know.
I wonder what yani ( sharks no3 ) will get for the pocock injury. When you watch the replay you can see that he is putting a lot of effort into hurting him. Look at his face. I honestly think it was probably a game plan too hurt pocock. Maybe not like that but Most people would understand what I mean

Go the force!!!!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If anyone has bothered to notice there has been a zero tolerance stance against ANYTHING resembling a spear tackle this past 8 months. I would not be surprised if he gets 4 weeks on top of the red card. "Flame away"

So Pocock's got a knee injury after been held in some shoulder, neck, chicken wing hold...........

He should not get anything. How is a red card after 10 minutes not enough punishment? He cost the Force the game period. A red card should mean no suspension.

I'd like to see whoever harmed Pocock get suspended since no action was taken on the field. I'm sure a lot will say that this is over the top but I honestly believe Pocock was targeted.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
He should not get anything. How is a red card after 10 minutes not enough punishment? He cost the Force the game period. A red card should mean no suspension.

I'd like to see whoever harmed Pocock get suspended since no action was taken on the field. I'm sure a lot will say that this is over the top but I honestly believe Pocock was targeted.

Agree mate. The "spear tackle" didn't come close to looking like s spear tackle. The dude got dumped. I don't know how he got injured from it

I bet he will get time

Tuna needs too take over the irb.

Go the force!!!!

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
did anyone notice Greg Martin constantly calling Mitch Inman "luke inman"

thats poor.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

I agree he'll probably get a few weeks off. I just watched the incident about a dozen times, and I still think it is a tackle gone wrong after the second man in. Without Fairbanks, I think Sidey would have dropped Odwa on his back / arse, but the sudden added vector of force from Fairbanks completely upended him, and then compounded it by half landing on Odwa's head.
Glad to hear Odwa is OK, and the moral has to be "Don't lift - even if you are only going to drop them on their arse".
I will be amazed if du Plessis is cited, or the Sharks #5 who shouldered Sidey in the head after the tackle; the ref even noted it but chose not to sanction him at all. Odd. I thought acts of retribution were frowned upon, especially shoulder charging people in the head.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I agree he'll probably get a few weeks off. I just watched the incident about a dozen times, and I still think it is a tackle gone wrong after the second man in. Without Fairbanks, I think Sidey would have dropped Odwa on his back / arse, but the sudden added vector of force from Fairbanks completely upended him, and then compounded it by half landing on Odwa's head.
Glad to hear Odwa is OK, and the moral has to be "Don't lift - even if you are only going to drop them on their arse".
I will be amazed if du Plessis is cited, or the Sharks #5 who shouldered Sidey in the head after the tackle; the ref even noted it but chose not to sanction him at all. Odd. I thought acts of retribution were frowned upon, especially shoulder charging people in the head.

Agree. Problem is the ref and assistant saw a guy being hammered head first into the turf, remaining motionless thereafer. The result was always going to be extreme and I think most refs would have reacted with a red.

Look at it at full speed and it looks nasty. In slow motion you can rationalise it but the ref saw what he saw.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It was a horrible tackle but a red card that early in a game should never be used. Why not give him a yellow and then a hefty suspension? You can look at it again and assess who really contributed to the dangerous placement of the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.