• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Giteau must be in Wallabies World Cup squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JohnD

Pointless discussion now! Purely academic (and low quality at that) as Giteau will not be going as a player in the Wallabies world cup squad.

Pity!

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Better to be blooded and get a taste of Test rugby in a game no-one will remember, rather than in a game where a trophy is on the line.

That said, I agree with Ruggo; chances of Phipps getting game time is very minimal.

I'm going to remember the time we lost to samoa for a very long time.

W

wikman

As will I. Serves our selectors right for picking a severely under strength team to plat against a rising power in the sport.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
Interesting comment on Foxsports..

Always Red of NQ says… Today at 12:49 PM Six years ago my 14 year old son and I were at a rugby tornament. All the boys saw Gits and asked him for his atograph and a picture. He told them to get lost as he was on his own time and we should give him a break (he was much rudder than this but i won't repeat what he said). I said to him that that was a bit rough. His repy was that i should stop being a wannabe coach and go home take my team with me (again this is the polite version of what he said)! We beat the metro team he was watching and went on to come 3rd out of 15 teams. Now I never took this to the media. But would just like to say to all you supporters of Gits. Goodbye good ridance and don't come back you arrogant prick!!! Robie saw you for what you are and your attitude is not needed. I might add that two other players were there over the five days and they were happy to talk and give the boys a little of their time. Gits only cares about Gits not australia not the brumbies not anybody but himself. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Gits!

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Always Red of NQ stresses the point that "I never took this to the media". Six years later he can no longer hold back.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
I reassessed of my view of Gits with the 'fuck off, I'm Captain' incident. It was the right decision, but the way he went about it was a revealing insight into his approach to rugby and his team mates.

If a sports 'hero' showed that kind of attitude to my kids I'd have no qualms posting in his post mortem either.

For all we know he'd had the worst day in living memory but how hard is it to make a graceful exit, or even to man up, sign a few photos and say a couple of nice things to some kids?

Either way I am sure he will live down a few negative comments, he isn't new to them.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Anymore NSWmen keen to kick 'ol Red of NQ?

What has being from NSW got to do with disbelieving anonymous bile posted on the Internet?

Unless you're being so precious as to suggest that people don't believe him because he's from Queensland?!?

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Is this thread still going? I'm starting to think that Giteau doesn't have to be in the RWC squad after all.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Incomprehensible statistics in the fact that Tom Carter was clearly the best performed Australian 12 in super rugby, but the majority of us still wouldn't want him in the 40 man squad?

Richo

John Thornett (49)
TC ran the water like nobody's business at the Uni game last weekend. I see no reason why he couldn't run the water as well as any other candidate for the Wallabies.

Status
Not open for further replies.