• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Giteau must be in Wallabies World Cup squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
TC ran the water like nobody's business at the Uni game last weekend. I see no reason why he couldn't run the water as well as any other candidate for the Wallabies.

A LOT of people underestimate how difficult water-running can be: no going on for penalties, splitting water-runners between forwards and backs, catching water bottles thrown back to/at you (note: ALWAYS UNDERARM!), refilling the bottles. Occasionally the water-runner forgets he's just a water boy and tries to influence the game by heckling players or the ref. Let's face it- good water boys are hard to find. Glad to see TC's found a way to make himself more useful.
Disclaimer: this is a tongue-in-cheek post

R

Rev Spooner

What has being from NSW got to do with disbelieving anonymous bile posted on the Internet?

Unless you're being so precious as to suggest that people don't believe him because he's from Queensland?!?

Sounds like someone else is getting a little precious.

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
Interesting comment on Foxsports..

I don't know if what Red of NQ claimed actually happened or not. Maybe it did, but that wasn't our experience with Giteau. We ran into him at the mall (waiting for a gelato) and he was more than happy to have a chat with us. My mate said afterwards that Giteau was his new favourite player (although this was before we wanted him to move to 12 for the Brumbies and To'omua to 10).

When he came back from the Force we were happy to have him, especially after his stellar 2008 and 2009. He never lived up to our hopes in 2010, though. Then this year we had the disastrous season, but we had to admit that he was one of our few standout players who was obviously trying his hardest (along with Moore - my pick for Brumbies captain).

All in all he has had an outstanding career, and I wish him all the best in France. Hopefully he will come home to Canberra for one season in 2014 like Jake White suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.