• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Goodbye Test Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
fatprop said:
Noddy said:
fatprop said:
On Lucas, I know he has been injured, but how many good S14 games has he played? I can't remember him doing much at all

debuted in 08 playing 10, starting 6 and a replacement in 4.

this year started in 8 and a replacement in 3

I remember him scoring one try, my point is that he may have potential, but he hasn't delivered much at S14 level in the last two years.

if you have potential and come from queensland shouldnt you be starting for the wallabies?

gone

Ted Fahey (11)
Will be interested to see what happens to Stirlo. I had written him off with his injuries but after talking to someone close to him I may have changed my mind. The latest calf injury has frustated him to no end and has him determined to make it back to the Wallabies in 2010.

The rest over the next few months may be the break he needs and we may see a rejuvenated Stirlo come the Super 14.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
thatguy said:
Will be interested to see what happens to Stirlo. I had written him off with his injuries but after talking to someone close to him I may have changed my mind. The latest calf injury has frustated him to no end and has him determined to make it back to the Wallabies in 2010.

The rest over the next few months may be the break he needs and we may see a rejuvenated Stirlo come the Super 14.

Give us a break.

Mortlock needs a break?? :nta: He has had more breaks in the last 6-8 years than any Australian international except Heenan, Shepherd and McMinimum.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
None of the 13s used this season have looked great, a fit Mortlock would be in my side.

gone

Ted Fahey (11)
Biffo said:
thatguy said:

Give us a break.

Mortlock needs a break?? :nta: He has had more breaks in the last 6-8 years than any Australian international except Heenan, Shepherd and McMinimum.

I think the man just needs some time doing nothing to get all of his injuries sorted. Instead of trying to rush back into training.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Scotty said:
Kingi is so far from ready for a test start it isn't funny.

Why did he get added to the squad? Purely for the experience and to "blood" him? Bit tough on his wife and three kids. Or is he there to carry Genia's bags (and MOTM trophy from Twickers)?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Phil needs to hit the sand dunes this summer and strip a bit of weight, then man the fuck up like he always does. He's got a head like a velociraptor FFS!

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
You been listening to my blatherings-on to Lee, Nick? I've been saying for a while Phil needs to lose some weight. He might think it'll cut back his strength but I reckon at his age a few less kg will help his mobility around the paddock.

S

Spook

fatprop said:
None of the 13s used this season have looked great, a fit Mortlock would be in my side.

Agred Fat but I'm with Biffo on this. I think we should just stick with someone at 13 for a while. Mortlock is probably likey to come in and out constantly. Can't be relied upon.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
a fit Morty would be in my side, but when was he last fit? 2003? Not even then really.

He won't last to 2011.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Exactly. We need to let him go.

And he would only be in my side because we don't have an alternative to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at fullback. Otherwise he'd be at 13.

R

rugbywhisperer

I made a comment this time last year that George Smith would be struggling to be in the 2011RWC and that waugh wouldn't be withing shouting distance and i do remember quite a few people seriously questioning not only my intellect but parentge and sexual preferences also came into the tirade of abuse I receiced for being so heretical as to propose such a thing.
geez, how things change and I stand by that - Waugh not even close to the mix and Smith maybe off the bench in 2011RWC

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
fatprop said:
naza said:
Giteau.
Deans.

And replace with who?

Don't get wrapped up in technicalities. Giteau can be replaced by anybody who isn't a snivelling egotistical little shit. He is a cancer and is holding the side back.

Its been clear for over a year now that we need an Aussie coach. Robbie doesn't understand the Aussie mentality.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
naza said:
Its been clear for over a year now that we need an Aussie coach. Robbie doesn't understand the Aussie mentality.

The TFKW mob would have to grow a mentality before anyone could understand it.

If you think TFKW have a mentality, please tell us what it is.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
naza said:
fatprop said:
naza said:
Giteau.
Deans.

And replace with who?

Don't get wrapped up in technicalities. Giteau can be replaced by anybody who isn't a snivelling egotistical little shit. He is a cancer and is holding the side back.

What do you mean? Seriously. What is it that he doesn't understand?

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Blue said:
naza said:
fatprop said:
naza said:
Giteau.
Deans.

And replace with who?

What do you mean? Seriously. What is it that he doesn't understand?

That all the precious little petals in TFKW have to be given whatever they ask, whenever they ask, of quality and quantity they specify, with their having no responsibility to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.