• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Goodbye Test Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Shepherd is only 25, he could still make it back. The wing and fullback spot are still very open.
Burgess is going down hill fast, he needs to get his passing sorted soon or hes going to struggle to get into the side again.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
naza said:
Don't get wrapped up in technicalities. Giteau can be replaced by anybody who isn't a snivelling egotistical little shit. He is a cancer and is holding the side back.

Its been clear for over a year now that we need an Aussie coach. Robbie doesn't understand the Aussie mentality.

do you honestly think, at this point in the year, that wouldn't have dropped Giteau if he could? or moved him? Deans isn't stupid. He knows that this isn't working. This is a player power issue that is backed by the ARU and/or Ruppa.

Giteau has been a major payer in two big crisis of player confidence in their coach. three if you include the stuff with deans. It's a dangerous pattern and deans can't do anything.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Biffo said:
naza said:
Its been clear for over a year now that we need an Aussie coach. Robbie doesn't understand the Aussie mentality.

The TFKW mob would have to grow a mentality before anyone could understand it.

If you think TFKW have a mentality, please tell us what it is.

Nobody knows what your silly self invented acronym is.

A tip for your future posts : Less dribble, more sense.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Those Fookin Krap Wallabies? :nta:

Seriously though, I struggle to see what another coach could do other than drop Giteau which I believe will do him the world of good.

What selections will be better?

Can we honestly say there's a different game plan that would have beaten the Oirish and the Scots? Maybe the same players might perform better for another coach because they fear him / respect him more? Maybe, or is that even the issue?

If Gits throws a tantrum for being moved to 12 or dropped and leaves to France then so be it.

At the end of a test year my view is that there are simply not enough really good players in the starting 15, and the teams just isn't settled..

15. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) brilliant on defense and attack, but needs to kick much better and sometimes lacks tactically. Up and down sort of year.
14. 11. Nobody great at the moment. Hynes was brilliant last year and average this year.
13. Broken too much. Rotated too much. No consistency. Cross holds the fort. Barely.
12. Good spells and some horrible spells.
10. Very average all year long.
9. Brilliant
8. Palu on form is great and is getting there. Brown was a disaster, Smith was good, Palu only now hitting straps.
7. Smith tired, Pocock great potential and glimpses of good form. Rotation doesn't help either IMHO.
6. Brilliant but not in great form. Injury? Captain's burden?
5,4. Workmanlike but nothing more. Do the job.
3. Good, but no fireworks. Does the job.
2. Moore not in same form as last year. Performance good but nothing special. TPN canlt throw for shit. Convert him to TH. At least try.
1. Brilliant.

Two players who on the form of the last year have been outstanding.

Too many positions have under-performing players, or have been rotated too often to allow combination to build. This to me is the underlying problem and any coach would be faced with same. Add the parts and the sum total cannot be expected to perform consistently and on such a demanding schedule.

Just my long 2c...

SWTFDYTAT (So what the feck do you think about that?)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
naza said:
fatprop said:
naza said:
Giteau.
Deans.

And replace with who?

Don't get wrapped up in technicalities. Giteau can be replaced by anybody who isn't a snivelling egotistical little shit. He is a cancer and is holding the side back.

The simple question is who would you have replace Gits at ten and who would you replace Deans with?

"Anybody" is a cop out, we have Barnes, Beale, Touma, Cooper & Hangers as the next options. That's it.

For the Wallaby job we had a choice of Deans, David Nucifora, John Muggleton, Ewen McKenzie, Scott Johnson & Laurie Fisher, which one would have you chosen?

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
naza said:
Biffo said:
naza said:

Oh dear, oh dear. I didn't invent (or use) a single acronym in this thread.

A tip for your future posts: decent English :lmao:

S

Spook

naza said:
Biffo said:
naza said:

The irony ::)

R

rugbywhisperer

I agree we do not have anyone to replace Giteau but but not dropping him Deans is showing he is weak and that sub standard performances ( along with petulance, schoolgirl demands, I am boss attitudes) will be tolerated.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
As much of a shocker as Gits has been having, he's still a better option at 10 than Quade erratic Cooper.

My question remains why not JO'C for 12. In his one touch he broke more tackles than QC (Quade Cooper) did all night and his kicking surely couldn't be any worse? As for Quade's long pass......

R

rugbywhisperer

If Giteau gets dropped (and heaven please make it so) and his replacement is nowhere near his potential (which is painfully obvious) then maybe just maybe Giteau might eat some Humble Pie (60km south of Tweed Heads) and get his humility and pride back.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
You could argue that any replacement for Giteau, if it is one of the younger guys, has a lot more potential than Giteau as a flyhalf.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
rugbywhisperer said:
I agree we do not have anyone to replace Giteau but but not dropping him Deans is showing he is weak and that sub standard performances ( along with petulance, schoolgirl demands, I am boss attitudes) will be tolerated.

We just lost to Scotland, ranked 10th in the world. Giteau's had 60 tests to come good and hasn't. I don't see how things get any worse.

Sacking Giteau is addition by subtraction.

If Deans doesn't have the heart to do it, let's find someone who will.

Henry

Bill Watson (15)
I saw Phil Waugh at the SFS gym cafe the other day (with Berrick) and he is looking pretty damn mean. I have never seen him so cut. (i say that in a man love kind of way) Looks like he has spent a lot of time in the gym, i think he'll have a great super 14 next year...

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Henry said:
I saw Phil Waugh at the SFS gym cafe the other day (with Berrick) and he is looking pretty damn mean. I have never seen him so cut. (i say that in a man love kind of way) Looks like he has spent a lot of time in the gym, i think he'll have a great super 14 next year...

Waugh's problem for the last few years has never been that he's not been in the gym enough. He needs more sprint and agility work for a 7.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
fatprop said:
For the Wallaby job we had a choice of Deans, David Nucifora, John Muggleton, Ewen McKenzie, Scott Johnson & Laurie Fisher, which one would have you chosen?

You forgot Alan Jones (though was he ever seriously in the running) in your coaches list.

The only Australian coaches who could possibly take over from Deans (if he were to be replaced which I am not advocating)IMHO would be Pat Howard, Michael Cheika, Alan Gaffney or McGahon (from Munster). The other coaches are not yet ready.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I really think we are going to end up with some sort of coaching consortium next year. Graham & Williams will go and JON will start with the short list candidates from last time to see who wants to be an assistant coach, with the promise of having the inside running for the wallaby job once Deans moves on.

I think there will be a few others in the mix as well including Foley and Louden.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
naza said:
rugbywhisperer said:

We just lost to Scotland, ranked 10th in the world. Giteau's had 60 tests to come good and hasn't. I don't see how things get any worse.

Sacking Giteau is addition by subtraction.

If Deans doesn't have the heart to do it, let's find someone who will.

line of the week for mine.

naza, have you ever thought maybe deans can't?
Tahu had it written in his contract with the ARU that if he didn't get x (think might have been 4) games for Australia then he could walk. I think Giteau would have something similar going on. Plus he probably has strong connections with RUPA.
Plus i'm pretty sure Deans hates Giteau, as do a lot of people that work with him (i remember S.L tearing ihm up on local radio when he left for Perth), and would love nothing more then to see him out of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.