• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GPS schoolboy rowing 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

lineoutlion

Bob McCowan (2)
A very good pair indeed. This is what my top 10 GPS Rowers would be:

1. Rogers (K)
2. Hennessy (I)
3. Mason (K)
4. Ciesiolka (J)
5. Mitchell (J)
6. Fuller (N)
7. Pursehouse (S)
8. Muffet (E)
9. Ellis (G)
10. T.Moloney (J)

Top 5 Coxswains:

1. Burton (I)
2. Fox (E)
3. Yates (J)
4. Low (S)
5. Gerber (K)
I think sam basha is very easily over looked here.

Was paired with fin mitchell in a double scull win two weekends ago at the state champs.

He is a big value to the joeys crew and his absence was very much shown in joeys defeat to kings on the weekend.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
A very good pair indeed. This is what my top 10 GPS Rowers would be:

1. Rogers (K)
2. Hennessy (I)
3. Mason (K)
4. Ciesiolka (J)
5. Mitchell (J)
6. Fuller (N)
7. Pursehouse (S)
8. Muffet (E)
9. Ellis (G)
10. T.Moloney (J)

Top 5 Coxswains:

1. Burton (I)
2. Fox (E)
3. Yates (J)
4. Low (S)
5. Gerber (K)
One rower, largely unknown to people outside of TSC who I believe may be on this list is Sam Stewart (2025), big guy, stands at 6'5 and only began rowing in year 10 but put in a huge amount of work and is now up with the best in the Scots First VII. Heaps of power and has been good for the 1's all season, hopefully will have a big year this year and next year.

Who is keen for some real old school racing? Maybe we crack out the wooden oars and boats to fit this weeks Nepean theme. This is gonna be a special regatta that I am sure the boys will remember for quite some time. The ancestors that own Nepean will be looking over these boys, many of Shores greatest victories were achieved on this river. Wishing luck to all contenders in this special race.

Keith, Class of '94
GO SHORE

Who is keen for some real old school racing? Maybe we crack out the wooden oars and boats to fit this weeks Nepean theme. This is gonna be a special regatta that I am sure the boys will remember for quite some time. The ancestors that own Nepean will be looking over these boys, many of Shores greatest victories were achieved on this river. Wishing luck to all contenders in this special race.

Keith, Class of '94
GO SHORE
That would be truly amazing

Professor62

Ted Fahey (11)
Can someone have a crack at the best rowers from each school?
Ill give it a go, not sure how accurate, based on technique and what has been said in the chat.

Kings-Rogers
Shore-Muffet
Newington- Fuller
Scots- Pursehouse
Joeys- Mitchell
St Ignatius- Hennessy
High- Xin
Grammar- Lambert

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Can someone have a crack at the best rowers from each school?
Ill give it a go, not sure how accurate, based on technique and what has been said in the chat.

Kings-Rogers
Shore-Muffet
Newington- Fuller
Scots- Pursehouse
Joeys- Mitchell
St Ignatius- Hennessy
High- Xin
Grammar- Lambert
Ciesiolka over Mitchell, Ellis is far ahead of Lambert and Yin over Xin in SBHS. Good crack though.

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
So did I but we will have to see for the draw this upcoming weekend, hope its not anything serious

- Up View
It seems most crews are being hit by sickness now. Shore and St Joseph’s have both had it. Not only going around the sheds but the boat park now too.

thewolfpack

Frank Nicholson (4)
An interesting observation over the Joey's performances in the 1 and 2 IV is a consistent trend in the 2IV beating the 1IV. could this be result of poor crew selection or are they intending to stack a crew for a HOTR result? either way its not working and i believe coach needs to select a much better 1IV and could clearly be done by observation between the size difference between the two. no size or ticker by the looks of things in the 1IV.

any regards on this? would like to see some strength in this for joeys. need to fix it before the big dance.

cheers,
Phil
Phil,

You can never accuse a school of stacking a certain crew, some crews just gel together nicely and row better. I don't think joeys is the the type of school to stack a 2IV. However, kings, love stacking there 4IV.

Wolf Pack

Grip 'n Rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
Phil,

You can never accuse a school of stacking a certain crew, some crews just gel together nicely and row better. I don't think joeys is the the type of school to stack a 2IV. However, kings, love stacking there 4IV.

Wolf Pack
agreed @thewolfpack,

I believe the joeys crews spend a lot of time changing and trying new pairs with in the crew to find the strongest one. The crew lists are ever changing. Still is very interesting the times between the 1st IV and 2nd IV.

Glenngarry Carry

Frank Row (1)
I was just looking at this weeks First VIII and Second VIII race lineups and found out that Newington and Kings are not entered in these events however they are entered in the 4s races. Does anyone know what is happening is it sickness or are they gatekeeping?

This is an excellent opportunity for the Scots boys to gain a podium and gain some confidence going into the Head. I beleive they will hold onto that feeling lighting a flame inside to push for results. Goodluck to everyone. But please acknowledge my concerns.

-Glenn

CurryontheStick

Bob McCowan (2)
Phil,

Wolf Pack
Quite frankly, the Kings 4th IV situation is unacceptable. I might've missed out on some details, but a 10 second gap between them and their 3rd IV in the recent sydney rowing club regatta without Fonua is insane and simply not fair to the other crews that they are in competition with.

Nothing we can do about it, but surely Kings is better than this.

- Nick

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
I was just looking at this weeks First VIII and Second VIII race lineups and found out that Newington and Kings are not entered in these events however they are entered in the 4s races. Does anyone know what is happening is it sickness or are they gatekeeping?

This is an excellent opportunity for the Scots boys to gain a podium and gain some confidence going into the Head. I beleive they will hold onto that feeling lighting a flame inside to push for results. Goodluck to everyone. But please acknowledge my concerns.

-Glenn
We're the masters of nefarious activities on this forum aren't we, had to look up the meaning of gatekeeping in the enlightened age.
They've borrowed a $100K+ boat after wrecking one in a lane less race. The owners have expressed a preference that they look after the loaner boat. Good luck to Scots, will be a good battle for third after Joeys and View. With no New or Kings they'll have a shot but I'll tip High (lol, I mean Shore)

Status
Not open for further replies.