• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GPS schoolboy rowing 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

restarted_persone

Bob McCowan (2)
Very excited to watch the IV's.
View have established dominance through out these races but keen to see what happens race day.
Anyone got any bold predictions?

~G and R
1st IV View
2nd IV Kings/View I think it will be very close with kings maybe half a boat length ahead
3rd View
4th Kings

1st VIII : Joeys - dunno, a long shot but i got a feeling. Personally don't think kings have raced enough this season as a crew.
2nd VIII : Kings
3rd VIII : View

LegDrive

Frank Nicholson (4)
4th Junior - Ignatius
3rd Junior - Shore
2nd Junior - Ignatius (I reckon this will be the closest race of the day)
1st Junior - Shore

Jennings is too much in the First Junior, the 2nd Junior will be a fierce contest between Ignatius and Shore, but with Ignatius getting up on the Nepean, they are the favourites. 4th and 3rd Junior are pretty straight forward.
Mr Chairman, i think you might possibly have the 2nd and 3rd Junior mixed up, you are correct, View's 2nd boat did get up over shore (for the 1st or second time over the entire season) in the heat (due to a poor start from shore and possibly a slight disadvantage). I believe it would be safe to say that Shore's 2nd Junior will come out on top strongly. In contrast, the 3rd junior VIII will be a extremely tight margin, shore got up on view on a windy race at Hen N Chicken Bay, the week before going down to view by a second. It will certainly be a great early race 1 Shore, 2 View, 3 Daylight to Joeys and m sure Kings could possibly slip onto the podium over joeys, Newington and grammar lengths behind the race leaders.

-Legs

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Mr Chairman, i think you might possibly have the 2nd and 3rd Junior mixed up, you are correct, View's 2nd boat did get up over shore (for the 1st or second time over the entire season) in the heat (due to a poor start from shore and possibly a slight disadvantage). I believe it would be safe to say that Shore's 2nd Junior will come out on top strongly. In contrast, the 3rd junior VIII will be a extremely tight margin, shore got up on view on a windy race at Hen N Chicken Bay, the week before going down to view by a second. It will certainly be a great early race 1 Shore, 2 View, 3 Daylight to Joeys and m sure Kings could possibly slip onto the podium over joeys, Newington and grammar lengths behind the race leaders.

-Legs
Did Shore’s 2nd Junior not loose on the Nepean last week?

Grip 'n Rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
I must say Mr Chairman you are most certainly on the money, I was questioning an earlier prediction of view winning the 3 IV, I think its Shore or Kings' for the taking. 2 Boat will go to View and in the 1 IV it will be interesting to see if view can come back from the loss at Nepean to shore.
Goodluck to all boats competing on saturday.

-Legs
Hey mate sorry but kings are not going to win the 3rd IV race.
When racing on the Napean not long ago the kings crew placed third in the B heat against a joeys 4th and view 4th crew. I do no see this crew winning.
~G and R

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
4th Junior - Ignatius
3rd Junior - Shore
2nd Junior - Ignatius (I reckon this will be the closest race of the day)
1st Junior - Shore

Jennings is too much in the First Junior, the 2nd Junior will be a fierce contest between Ignatius and Shore, but with Ignatius getting up on the Nepean, they are the favourites. 4th and 3rd Junior are pretty straight forward.
Almost every crew is in it for the 2nd Junior View and Shore the crews to beat but don't count anyone out, saw Scots 2nd Junior moving well on the Parra, was on my tinny having a fish and talked to their coach for a bit, Some great size in the middle of that boat, will be out on the river again this week so i'll keep an eye out for any crews. Anyways, 1st Junior looking like it could be the race of the day. Are the lane draws out?

LegDrive

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hey mate sorry but kings are not going to win the 3rd IV race.
When racing on the Napean not long ago the kings crew placed third in the B heat against a joeys 4th and view 4th crew. I do no see this crew winning.
~G and R
Have you heard, kings have swapped their 3 and 4th IV.

-Legs

LegDrive

Frank Nicholson (4)
I'll be disappointed if any schools stack lower crews in the hope of disrupting Riverview's hope of a clean sweep.
Riverview have lost the chance of a clean sweep over the progression of crews from St Josephs, Kings And Shore. Though worthwhile to comment Riverview on their clean-sweep in the first regatta of the season.

-Legs

LegDrive

Frank Nicholson (4)
Almost every crew is in it for the 2nd Junior View and Shore the crews to beat but don't count anyone out, saw Scots 2nd Junior moving well on the Parra, was on my tinny having a fish and talked to their coach for a bit, Some great size in the middle of that boat, will be out on the river again this week so i'll keep an eye out for any crews. Anyways, 1st Junior looking like it could be the race of the day. Are the lane draws out?
No, lane draws are not out, Scot's 2nd Junior have a shot at a 3rd place if they row well on Saturday. I believe The Scots Junior VIII program have only taken out a win in one event over the season, when they placed their 3rd Junior in the 4ths race.

-Legs

FCD

Banned
No, I don't believe so.
From the AAGPS Constitution: Rules of Rowing (unless recently changed)
Coxswains will have race calls recorded at any SIRC regatta prior to the Head of the River. A panel of three selectors nominated by the Rowing Sub-Committee will listen to the race calls and the coxswains will be judged on their performance and commands during the recorded race. Three coxswains will be short-listed for the seat racing trails after the Head of the river .

ruckncoke89

Frank Row (1)
Ain't no way that View clean sweeps
the way the season is going the only Riverview crew that hasn't won over 90 percent of their races is the 1st 8. Therefore I believe that Riverview has a strong change and sweeping come Saturday. this is coming from an old Riverview boy of 94 so maybe I am slightly biased.

- ruckncoke

Reactions: FCD
the way the season is going the only Riverview crew that hasn't won over 90 percent of their races is the 1st 8. Therefore I believe that Riverview has a strong change and sweeping come Saturday. this is coming from an old Riverview boy of 94 so maybe I am slightly biased.

- ruckncoke
Look, sure there is a chance (in the same way that High has a chance of a clean sweep), but the View 1 8 are at least half a length behind Joeys, who themselves are a length behind Kings. Of course the pressure of the day could muddle things up for Kings and Joey's, but the View 1 8 just isn't the powerhouse it was last year.

Reactions: FCD
Status
Not open for further replies.