• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlander v Rebels - Sat 3:15pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
This is a interesting one, Highlanders currently sit in 6th spot and the Rebels in 8th.

Rebels need to win to secure a final spot and not have to worry about the Sharks v Jaguar's game. Ideal for the Rebels is a win and a Sharks win to secure 7th and a possible trip to Sydney instead of Christchurch.

Highlanders can't reach 5th, a loss and Jaguar's win is the best scenario for them to currently avoid a trip to SA. Do they rest there stars for next week?

This contest is nearly the most influential game towards finals this weekend.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Interesting article here. Aside from losing their first-choice Tighthead, they also need to rest a nubmer of ABs. Cully also thinks they may be better served with a loss.

Don't think the TH loss is that big, given they have former Rebel, Tyrell Lomax.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Depends. I think the complaints about quantity of dead time due to TMO's watching the same video 67 times are fairly neutral.

I really don't have a problem with TMO's taking time. Time is off.

AS LONG AS THEY GET THE DECISION RIGHT ! Sometimes they don't

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Highlanders due to sit out Aaron and Ben Smith, Waisake Naholo and Luke Whitelock.

Tokelahi and Buckman also out with injury.

Given a loss for the Highlanders probably means a trip to Sydney rather than South Africa or Argentina there's not a lot of incentive for the Highlanders to win.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I look at this thread title and all I see is.........
christopher-lambert-highlander.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Clan should've rested their AB last week, now they're going into this week without them & on the back of consecutive 23-point losses. Not exactly confidence building. I can't imagine they'd want to go into the KO phase with three losses behind them.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
If only Coleman had taken the 3 for the draw against the Jags, both teams would be on 36points and a bonus point would be potentially enough for finals. If the Rebels make it, then they have done it the hardest possible way.

Smart rugby isn’t a trademark of this team but they try damn hard week in week out. Fingers crossed they get a result, would be a proud supporter.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlanders: Josh Ioane, Waisake Naholo, Thomas Umaga-Jensen, Tei Walden, Tevita Li, Lima Sopoaga, Kayne Hammington, Liam Squire, James Lentjes (captain), Shannon Frizell, Jackson Hemopo, Alex Ainley, Tyrel Lomax, Liam Coltman, Aki Seuili. Reserves: Greg Pleasants-Tate, Daniel Lienert-Brown, Kalolo Tuiloma, Tom Franklin, Dillon Hunt, Josh Renton, Matt Faddes, Josh McKay.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
rugby.com.au this morning was reporting that Genia and DHP trained yesterday and that Coleman missed the session. Looking like he might miss out but the other 2 in.

What ever the combo any one of those three is a blow

Status
Not open for further replies.