• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

How long will Quade get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I wish. I don't think that there is a force that powerful in the universe, looking at Quades 'productivity' in the hearing.

Enzedder

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think it is quite strange that Quade is in trouble for actually tackling someone - I wonder if this is the reason for the delay in getting the decision out.

(p.s. No worse than SBW's for mine and worth a yellow tops - purely accidental)

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
One week, he tweets.

LR-QUADE_COOPER_GWE-461_normal.jpg

Quade Cooper@QuadeCooper
Thank you for the concern & support! Our team has worked very hard.. the outcome is a week suspension. I have faith in my team & team mates.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tipping the Shorks now, they're the form team of the comp and the loss of Lambie isn't too big. Freddie's been guiding them around well. JP and Keegan Daniel are on fire.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
SANZAR NEWS RELEASE

Quade Cooper found Guilty of 10.4 (e) Dangerous Tackling

A SANZAR Judicial Hearing has found Quade Cooper of the Reds guilty of contravening Law 10.4 (e) after he was cited during a Super Rugby match at the weekend.

Cooper has been suspended for one week.

The incident occurred in the 63rd minute of the match between the Reds and Waratahs at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane on Saturday 14th July 2012.

The SANZAR Judicial Hearing held via video conference at 2pm AEST, 4pm NZ Time and 6am SA Time on 16th July was heard by Paul Tully.

In his finding, Mr Tully ruled the following:

Whilst in the process of a tackle on Berrick Barnes, there was principle contact with the chest but also with the neck such as to make the tackle dangerous in contravention of Law 10.4 (e). Mr Cooper’s record is unblemished save for a two-week suspension in 2010. He has played Super Rugby for the past six years as well as a significant number of Test Matches for Australia during this time. It is also a matter of significance that the SANZAR Rules allow consideration be given to the importance of games to be played during the Super Rugby Finals Series and as such, this has been taken into account as a mitigating circumstance. It follows that Quade Cooper is suspended from all forms of Rugby for one week up to and including the 21st of July 2012.

Ends

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Reschedule the game for Sunday Reds? If you could pull that off you deserve the title. :cool:

Reds by 10.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Reds certainly haven't been done any favours by the judiciary this season.

Bring your bets back to Red 1-12 now instead of 13+. This game will be won up front anyway.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Thank fuck for that, reds by 15. We are fit and and hungry for Shark. Our defense will be massive, we'll score enough points.

Beau and Gill to start to fuck up their ball I say.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Reds certainly haven't been done any favours by the judiciary this season.

Bring your bets back to Red 1-12 now instead of 13+. This game will be won up front anyway.

If thats the case, the Reds will do very well to win. The Sharks front row is the Boks front row.
Bismarck is my favorite non-kiwi player.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Reschedule the game for Sunday Reds? If you could pull that off you deserve the title. :cool:

Reds by 10.

That was my first thought when I read the SANZAR report, ACR. We could arrange for an underground irrigation main to rupture on Friday night, requiring at least 24 hours to repair and allow the pitch to dry! Problem solved!!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
If thats the case, the Reds will do very well to win. The Sharks front row is the Boks front row.
Bismarck is my favorite non-kiwi player.
Yep, the Sharks also lost Piet Spiere grandson for this one. Steyns loss have been cancelled by Cooper. Sharks will dominate the Reds up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.