• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v Reds Sat 23rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
If the Reds don't start holding things together, this is going to be a runaway steam train for the Canes.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
You are 100% correct. You left out that crucial word though - litigation. That’s what it’s all about. I fear all contact sports will be phased out of existence within 50 years.
The truth is if they really cared purely about player welfare, there is enough technology these days that you could easily have the players wear headgear or mouth guards with inbuilt sensors to have non-arbitrary data on contact and action things accordingly.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
The truth is if they really cared purely about player welfare, there is enough technology these days that you could easily have the players wear headgear or mouth guards with inbuilt sensors to have non-arbitrary data on contact and action things accordingly.
World rugby doesn’t give a flying fuck about player welfare. They worry about being sued. Sorry, wrong thread….

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
giphy.gif

Jeffrey

Chris McKivat (8)
I am not a fan of Jordie Barrett. But the game is ridiculously easy for him at this level. Which I suspect is one of the reasons why he hasn't been able to really stamp his mark internationally - what works at super level so easily for him becomes natural, which is harder at test level. The defences are much better.
Ardie - really he's a pretty small dude. His gym stats are pretty bad. But in contact, he's just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.