• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v Reds Sat 23rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson

Chris McKivat (8)
Not sure this is the right thread but I was watching the Reds vs canes on Stan and went for refreshments and noticed the score on free to air where my wife was watching was different. I looked at the time clock and it was at 67 mins. When I got back to watch Stan it was at 59 mins. Why do we pay to be behind FTA?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Not sure this is the right thread but I was watching the Reds vs canes on Stan and went for refreshments and noticed the score on free to air where my wife was watching was different. I looked at the time clock and it was at 67 mins. When I got back to watch Stan it was at 59 mins. Why do we pay to be behind FTA?
You sure you hadn't paused your stan at some point and fallen behind or started it not live?

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
If we don’t go thru games like this we don’t improve. Reds really should of won by 10, just didn’t know how to do it. Fraser was superb , just missed it a couple of times for turnovers. A few of our players just weren’t quite up to it. Frustrating game last 20

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Mate when there’s so many of them over here and local support is, dare I say it, pathetic especially in ‘the sporting city… if that sport is AFL, you’re going to always have more kiwi support
unfortunately even at Suncorp against a kiwi side we're often outnumbered

Samson

Chris McKivat (8)
You sure you hadn't paused your stan at some point and fallen behind or started it not live?
Positive I hadn't paused. At full time my wife came in and was surprised I did not know the final score as Stan still had 8 mins to go.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Positive I hadn't paused. At full time my wife came in and was surprised I did not know the final score as Stan still had 8 mins to go.
Wild. Didn't notice any difference between from others here, in my group chat or on twitter, but maybe we were all watching on Stan

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Such a disappointing performance by the Reds. They had that game.

Vest not up to it and I’d ditch both Daugunu and at least bench Paisami. His option taking is poor at the moment.

Don’t understand the decision to take Tate off. Thomas so many levels below.

One of Jock’s worst games for Qld and Creighton cost us points too.
Creighton and the Reds started like a team run by a very enthusiastic young new flyhalf. Plenty of early points and had the rub of the green.

Once the Canes defensive shape got set though, the pressure was on.

Hopefully Creighton and the team learn from this, better to play a solid 80mins, than a brilliant 20mins and drop off after that. Decision making was brain dead at times.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Make it so as soon as the maul isn’t going towards the goal line, not sideways, the half has to use it. If it stops once and goes again, scrum to the opposition. If it doesn’t get moving initially, same
Yep, pretty simple.
Paisami can run through Aussie defenses but not against the Kiwis ones, so he looks average facing guys like Ardie Savea
Yet there he was making breaks, setting up a try and having a couple of other good runs break down from others mistakes...

Reactions: TSR

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)

I was watching the live pre-game on Stan. Went to put a bet on for the game and it said markets closed - game live. Sure enough I exited Stan and got back in and the game had just kicked off. I was about 8 mins behind I think.

Haven’t had that issue before and it wasn’t an internet thing as my mate was watching Kayo NRL on same wifi live (you don’t get the big TV for that).

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Suspect this involves the Regional East Coast Elite Sydney Syndicate (RECESS).

Not sure exactly what they're up to but I think someone should look into it.

I nominate a Commission of Enquiry comprised of the following members:

@Adam84
@Shiggins
I'm very un conspiracy east coast ellite rubbish. Tbf I've only mentioned a couple of times from some unfair things that have happened this year. Don't lump me in from one or two posts about some issues.

Samson

Chris McKivat (8)
Wild. Didn't notice any difference between from others here, in my group chat or on twitter, but maybe we were all watching on Stan
I live in regional NSW in a fringe NBN area. That may be an issue. I will take note next week when FTA and Stan coincide.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
That knock on that should have been a yellow that ended in a hurricanes try. Can someone please explain what the tmo and ref watched. It was clearly a knock on on replay. Straight down would be very generous.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Wilson is a beast. Really impressive. He can actually carry the ball against guys like Savea.
Wright just needs to get his timing better on the pilf.
Creighton might be in the top 3 10s in Aus.

One thing I like about the reds is they put it all on the line. They have players that seem to really want to win. I'm sure every player wants to win but it's not all Aus obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.