• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2022

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Those kids will most probably be at Barker by the opens. Or Kings.
Interesting comment mate. Have heard something similar. If so good on them but if it’s true do ISA and other schools become feeder associations for those other associations. Pretty ordinary

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
ISA has already become feeder schools to CAS and GPS. Many talented boys from mostly Oaks and Auggies (also others I'm sure) are offered scholarships before opens, it is sad to think that these ISA schools make these great players in the early ages just for them to be shipped off to a school that hands scholarships left to right and centre. This does hurt to see (especially as an old boy) but I do not know the solution to this growing problem as of yet, maybe ISA start-up scholarship programs again...? Although I do understand why they would not like to.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
An updated table for ISA Rugby. There's still not a lot between all the teams and the scores from the weekend reflect this. Great for ISA:

School:Played:Won:Lost:For:Against:Diff:Points:
Oakhill33011750679
Auggies3216073-137
Stannies2205422326
Gregs3123966-275
Pats2113943-44
Kinross30348100-523
Pius2023553-182

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Round 4 Predictions:

Things are getting interesting now with all teams demonstrating what they've got. Predicting outcomes will be even trickier!

St. Patrick's vs Oakhill @ Strathfield
A narrow loss to Stannies should be still be a source of positivity for the Black but Oakhill appear to have their sails full of wind at the moment. Breen Oval has been the undoing of many a fancied team and I predict this game to be close. My default setting is a Pats win (of course!) but if Oakhill can stem the tide early on, they should get up. Prove me wrong lads!

St. Pius X vs Kinross Wolaroi @ Oxford Falls
This will be a great game to watch. Both teams have been scoring tries easily enough but haven't been able to stop them. Suspect a game with plenty of ball movement. How will the loss of their Captain affect the Kinross boys? Will they bounce back or will it be a crushing blow to them. Saturday will reveal all! If Pius can get enough clean ball from the ruck to release their backs, I'm predicting they'll win in a tight one.

St. Augustines vs St. Stanislaus @ Rat Park
Match of the round for sure. 2nd v 3rd. Stannies will want to send a message to Oakhill that they too are title contenders this year whilst Auggies will want to show that their loss was just a hiccup for their season. Stannies aren't the same beast away from home but Auggies aren't their usual dominant self this year. Auggies in a tight one but it's anyone's guess really.

west best

Bob McCowan (2)
Round 4 Predictions:

Things are getting interesting now with all teams demonstrating what they've got. Predicting outcomes will be even trickier!

St. Patrick's vs Oakhill @ Strathfield
A narrow loss to Stannies should be still be a source of positivity for the Black but Oakhill appear to have their sails full of wind at the moment. Breen Oval has been the undoing of many a fancied team and I predict this game to be close. My default setting is a Pats win (of course!) but if Oakhill can stem the tide early on, they should get up. Prove me wrong lads!

St. Pius X vs Kinross Wolaroi @ Oxford Falls
This will be a great game to watch. Both teams have been scoring tries easily enough but haven't been able to stop them. Suspect a game with plenty of ball movement. How will the loss of their Captain affect the Kinross boys? Will they bounce back or will it be a crushing blow to them. Saturday will reveal all! If Pius can get enough clean ball from the ruck to release their backs, I'm predicting they'll win in a tight one.

St. Augustines vs St. Stanislaus @ Rat Park
Match of the round for sure. 2nd v 3rd. Stannies will want to send a message to Oakhill that they too are title contenders this year whilst Auggies will want to show that their loss was just a hiccup for their season. Stannies aren't the same beast away from home but Auggies aren't their usual dominant self this year. Auggies in a tight one but it's anyone's guess really.
Oaks v Pats: You'd have to think Oaks will be too strong for Pats, with the Oakhill backline proving too hard to handle for most opposition this year. Oakhill by 30+.
Pius v Kinross: I've heard Kinross are missing a few through injury/suspension, no news of Pius teams. Both teams hunting for their first win, should be a great game. Kinross by 3.
Stannies v Augs: From watching Stannies this year they look like a strong side who I believe can go toe to toe with Oakhill. Augs back in the winners circle though with a tough win over Kinross, big game for both teams hopes of winning the comp. Stannies by 10.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Mate, I think you're a Scots guy right? Interesting what you know about the u14s. There is the most abundant wealth of mid-field talent in this age group. You've mentioned Bloomfield and Risati (both from the best club side in SJRU 14s A grade, Dural) as well as the being the Oakhill pairing and Bloomfield the #12 in the Sydney u14s side to play Country this weekend. There's also the two Hunters: Hunter Wiki (Knox, Gordon and Sydney u14s captain, moved to 8 to accommodate all this talent) and Hunter Chan (Knox, Northern Suburbs). Plus the Ryde pair, Samuela Sorovi (Kings) and Chris Moala, the latter Moala on the wing for Sydney. Add to that Isaac Perkins (Riverview, Norths) and the Two Blues Cooper Matai - there's centres deluxe. There's probably more too, I'm sure you can tell me. Some of these guys are in Year 8 and some in Year 9, so play across school age groups, despite all being club u14s - but will all be names on this board for a few years to come. Just hope we can keep all this talent in the 15-a-side game.
Absolutely agree with you, Dural easily beat club side in 14s SJRU with there full team. The Sydney 14s team is absolutely stacked to the brim with talent really hope we can these boys in Union. Isacc perkins usually plays loose forwards rather then centres. Just another talking point, which ISA team typically has the biggest/loudest crowds, I assume oakhill would be up there, game there for the scot's juniors there earlier this season was great. 10/10 barbecue and bloody good atmosphere. Also, do smaller schools like blue mountains college etc play in the ISA 1st XV comp? Also I think Samuela sorovi plays in the U15s for kings, great player, would benefit from more speed.

Last edited:

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Absolutely agree with you, Dural easily beat club side in 14s SJRU with there full team. The Sydney 15s team is absolutely stacked to the brim with talent really hope we can these boys in Union. Isacc perkins usually plays loose forwards rather then centres. Just another talking point, which ISA team typically has the biggest/loudest crowds, I assume oakhill would be up there, game there for the scot's juniors there earlier this season was great. 10/10 barbecue and bloody good atmosphere. Also, do smaller schools like blue mountains college etc play in the ISA 1st XV comp? Also I think Samuela sorovi plays in the U15s for kings, great player, would benefit from more speed.
Stannies always has a loud crowd for home games but I agree, last year Oakhill vs Auggies atmosphere at Castle Hill was electrifying. Lacking actual chants but the crowd of students there were far into the hundreds. Tight game that was too as I think it decided the ISA prems. Also going on about schools. ISA has 2 divisions in which Rugby is played in. 1st division schools are as follows ; Oakhill, Pius, Auggies, Stannies, Kinross, Pats, St Gregs. 2nd division schools are as follows; Chevalier College, Redlands College, Blue Mountains Grammar, Oxley College, Central Coast Grammar, Redfield School, St Andrews Cathedral School and Scots All Saints.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Stannies always has a loud crowd for home games but I agree, last year Oakhill vs Auggies atmosphere at Castle Hill was electrifying. Lacking actual chants but the crowd of students there were far into the hundreds. Tight game that was too as I think it decided the ISA prems. Also going on about schools. ISA has 2 divisions in which Rugby is played in. 1st division schools are as follows ; Oakhill, Pius, Auggies, Stannies, Kinross, Pats, St Gregs. 2nd division schools are as follows; Chevalier College, Redlands College, Blue Mountains Grammar, Oxley College, Central Coast Grammar, Redfield School, St Andrews Cathedral School and Scots All Saints.
Oh ok that makes good sense, is there ever any relegation/promotion?

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Good atmosphere always at Oakhill JackJill but the game against Auggies last year was also Gala day which means the crowd was about 10 times what it normally is. Oakhill actually pumped Auggies that day about 44 -18 which had them well on the way to the ISA championship. Unfortunately I think that was the last game played as the season was cancelled due to Covid. Hopefully young Risati stays in Rugby. His older brother is a top kid and already contracted to Souths but still playing school rugby for Oaks.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
I think the divisions have quite a gap between, last year in a trial game Kinross year 11s beat Scots All Saints 1st XV, who are dominant in div 2, so relegation/promotion wouldn't really work.
Yes and the size of the programs of each school are really small in Div 2. Typically only one team per age group.

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Good atmosphere always at Oakhill JackJill but the game against Auggies last year was also Gala day which means the crowd was about 10 times what it normally is. Oakhill actually pumped Auggies that day about 44 -18 which had them well on the way to the ISA championship. Unfortunately I think that was the last game played as the season was cancelled due to Covid. Hopefully young Risati stays in Rugby. His older brother is a top kid and already contracted to Souths but still playing school rugby for Oaks.
It was close in the first half but Oaks pulled away late into the second half.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Certainly was. Can’t doubt Pats heart that for sure
First half highlights...
Pats scored in the corner from the kick off and 30 minutes later they scored another by scooching down the short side to kick ahead and their number 7 regathered to score. Other than that..... IT WAS TACKLE PRACTICE! Oakhill had all the ball and kept running at Pats over and over again. Ive never seen so much defence from one side and it was amazing that Pats lead into half time. Oakhill's scrum was strong in the first half but Id suggest parity at line out time.
The second half saw Oakhill come out firing and they scored 3 tries in quick succession. After 15 minutes, Pats were out on their feet - the effort of the first half taking it's toll. Towards the end of the second half Pats came back at Oakhill but their defence was too good. A hard fought win to Oakhill which (I'd imagine) required them to be more patient and creative than what they were probably expecting.
Special shout out to the Pats number 6 who has little regard for his well-being and poor understanding of his lean build! He made three kick returns running head first at boys much larger than him and somehow still managed to break the first tackle,

If I recall rightly Hank, your boy is in the second row yes? I think we'll need an investigation here mate - both of those lads are big lumps! 6 foot 3 or 4 at least and 100kg easily!!!!

A great day out in Strathfield - other scores from other games?

Last edited: