• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I. Dent Cup 2018 - ACT Premier Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Blindsider

Frank Nicholson (4)
Easts vs Uni- Biggest game of the season for Uni. Have to aim up. Uni by 13.
Royals vs Wests- Royals by plenty.

Gungahlin, Queanbeyan and Tuggeranong have the bye.

Green grass, are your score predictions based on the past results of the season so far and how the teams have actually been going, or just your one eyed supported for the uni club? How can you pick uni by a margin like that when they just scraped past a team with 12 men by one point and have been decimated by injury, over a team clearly in form coming off a big win? You're not Axel the club President are you? Lol

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
What do we think the best halves combination is in the comp?
Pedro and Cole for me.

He's been a great footballer Pedro, but I hate his kicking style. Drops it from a great height, seems to contact the ball with the inside of his foot with the ball angling forward. It is generally effective and he has a great box kick but his general kicking style never fills me with confidence.

Green grass

Chris McKivat (8)
Green grass, are your score predictions based on the past results of the season so far and how the teams have actually been going, or just your one eyed supported for the uni club? How can you pick uni by a margin like that when they just scraped past a team with 12 men by one point and have been decimated by injury, over a team clearly in form coming off a big win? You're not Axel the club President are you? Lol
I’m going to consider my response carefully and get back to you after today’s game.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Royals 43 def Wests 0
Uni-Norths 39 def Easts 26

Well done unis! Didn't see that coming! Good call Greengrass. Not sure I have them going as far this season as you do but I'm paying attention. If they knock of either Royals, QBN or Tuggies I'll start getting excited.

Green grass

Chris McKivat (8)
No apology. Admittedly, shoe on the other foot I’d have put my hand up straight away and probably would have jumped on here at full time, but that’s okay.
Anyway... in terms of today...
Good game, thought we controlled chunks of both halves pretty well.
Highlight for me was the last try for Uni. Almost pushed Easts off their own ball, good defensive pressure forced an error, a great tap on then pick up and we crash over. Loving Benny A playing big minutes. A tough, and much needed win. Contenders.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
No apology. Admittedly, shoe on the other foot I’d have put my hand up straight away and probably would have jumped on here at full time, but that’s okay.
Anyway. in terms of today.
Good game, thought we controlled chunks of both halves pretty well.
Highlight for me was the last try for Uni. Almost pushed Easts off their own ball, good defensive pressure forced an error, a great tap on then pick up and we crash over. Loving Benny A playing big minutes. A tough, and much needed win. Contenders.

You have to hand it to him Blindsider - he didn't just tip the upset he picked the bloody margin! What's your feeling on the powerball numbers this week Greengrass?

Green grass

Chris McKivat (8)
Tuggeranong vs Uni - Tuggeranong off the back of the bye will be fresh and a tough proposition for Uni. Tipping a tight game. Very much on the fence with this one. Uni have not knocked Tuggeranong off at home since 2010, where we had our own Mark Coyne miracle last minute try! - a memorable afternoon for our club.

Gungahlin vs Royals - Big day out at Nicholls. I think Royals will be too strong. It is going to be awful weather. Dara have a chance to aim up and make a statement. Not sure they can match the Blue Baggers though. Royals by 19.

Queanbeyan vs Wests - Wet day at Campese, Lions season pretty much over, only thing that will keep the men from Jamison in the game is the rain. Queanbeyan by 12

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Imagine that. you could take over a local Rugby club and start buying in players on a scale to match Tuggies..

I know the trout season closed last weekend but I was confident I'd get some some sort of a bite with some quality baiting like that. Seems the Tuggies supporters are far too mature to get dragged into my stirring....

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Tuggeranong vs Uni - Tuggeranong off the back of the bye will be fresh and a tough proposition for Uni. Tipping a tight game. Very much on the fence with this one. Uni have not knocked Tuggeranong off at home since 2010, where we had our own Mark Coyne miracle last minute try! - a memorable afternoon for our club.

Gungahlin vs Royals - Big day out at Nicholls. I think Royals will be too strong. It is going to be awful weather. Dara have a chance to aim up and make a statement. Not sure they can match the Blue Baggers though. Royals by 19.

Queanbeyan vs Wests - Wet day at Campese, Lions season pretty much over, only thing that will keep the men from Jamison in the game is the rain. Queanbeyan by 12

Is there a colder place on earth than Nicholls oval when the wind is up?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
FT: (Updated)

Wests 30 def Queanbeyan 10
Gungahlin 20 def Royals 12

Uni Norths 31 def Vikings 28. Game had to be moved to the back field after a serious leg injury to Isiah Tikitau of the Vikings just before half time.

Vikings with a series of 5 metre scrums at the end after camera 7 denied the Vikings what looked like a try but in the end couldn't get over the line. Keeping the ball in the scrum, whoch was dominant towards the end, would have probably been the better option.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Uni win 31 - 28. Would love to tell you how good they were but I only watched the second half and tuned in with the score 31-7. Honestly I watched an extremely dominant Vikings team and the Uni lads holding on by the skin of their teeth. The uni scrum was getting smashed and the line out was weak. Tuggies were genuinely all over them. Clearly the first half was a different story and uni must have been great to run in 5 tries. Three big upsets today! I'll say it again - best JID in years!!

Status
Not open for further replies.