• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
It appears to have been dealt with to the satisfaction of Beale and some of the players, who obviously happy if it disappeared without any sanction for Beale. But how do you have double jeopardy without the first hearing and any consequences? And without management knowing about it?

Whether McKenzie knew about it or not is subject to some conjecture but he is the Head Coach and the Business Manager also knew about it. In my books manager in your job title equals management.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You've selectively quoted wikipedia.........

And it still ties in with what Beale did.

As for how the Government's cyber bullying website defines the act:

What does Cyberbullying look like? /

It can include:
  • abusive texts and emails
  • hurtful messages, images or videos
  • imitating others online to set them up
  • excluding others online
  • nasty online gossip and chat

Beale sent offensive text messages re: Di Patston to teammates to clearly humiliate and hurt her.

This is clearly regarded as cyber bullying.

Jenkss

Bob McCowan (2)
I, for one, hopes that Emac & Pulver call their bluff and send the lot packing.

Whoever is making these threats should shrivel up into a baby and crawl back into their mothers womb because they are not, NOT, NOT the type of people I want representing Australia.

"I walked out on Australian Rugby because they sacked my mate Kurtley Beale after his 1 millionth digression, where he sexually harassed the team manager."

I'd hate to go with state lines here, but Kurtley's closest friends would be the Tah' contingent (the same contingent that spent the entire preseason and Super rugby campaign bitching about Di. the result: Kurtley send those messages after knowing her FOR ONE DAY!) - and it's not a hazard to guess who would want to follow him out the door.

Solution: show whoever supports Beale the door. Make them choose between the honour of playing FOR your country (I think KB (Kurtley Beale) plays for himself) and hanging out with a dropkick in Europe. The only WallaTah player that doesn't have a ready made replacement for next years World Cup is Kepu.

We can lose Robinson, TPN, Palu, Phipps, Foley, Beale, Horne, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Folau, Skelton and Hooper, as we have Moore, Higgers, Genia, Cooper, Godwin, Leali'ifano, O'Connor, Speight, Pocock and Hunt returning into the fold.

I could not agree more.

That is complete crap. Show them the door and let it hit them on the way out. That is not the attitude of someone who deserves to represent this country.

If it means the team performs worse for a little while then I couldn't care less.

Culture and environment are hugely important to how a person or team performs. Coopers comments when Deans was still envolved don't seem so far off the mark.... still. Sadly.

McKenzie needs to turn this around, like he did with the Reds. I am confident he can do it.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Sully said:
Frankly I'm sick of reading senior wallaby with a quote from a waratah player after it.

Me too.

The Rugby Championship has been going for months and that is how the Wallabies have preferred to present unpopular or controversial shit. Not that new a techniqiue but it has sufficed.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Whether McKenzie knew about it or not is subject to some conjecture but he is the Head Coach and the Business Manager also knew about it. In my books manager in your job title equals management.

So as well as being sexually harassed and bullied, Patston was somehow responsible as manager for sorting out her persecution by Beale? Right.

So just clarify again the double jeopardy?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hey Kurtley, it might be time to give Kids Helpline a call...............

Am I a cyberbully?

Sometimes it can be easy to fall into a trap of feeling like you need to defend yourself aggressively, like you need to be the most popular, or needing acceptance online by pointing out other people’s flaws. You might even be trying to hurt someone on purpose. These actions might seem innocent or you might think that you’re ‘just joking’ but they can really affect the experiences other people have online.

By making other people feel upset, excluded or scared, you are not only affecting them, but you are also showing the world what kind of person you. There are better ways to gain respect, popularity, strength and social standings! Be a part of positive conversations, regardless of differences in opinion.

If you think you might have cyberbullied someone, you should consider apologising. You don’t need to like the person, but it is important to respect other people’s opinions and differences. If you would like to have a free, non-judgemental and confidential talk to an experienced counsellor, contact the Kids Helpline or give them a call on 1800 55 1800.

http://www.cybersmart.gov.au/teens/how do I deal with/cyberbullying.aspx

rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think what I'm going to do tonight is put on the documentary "The Rise and Rise of Australian Rugby" and watch Mark Loane and Tony Shaw interviewed. Two of our greatest ever players and leaders and blokes for whom it meant everything to play in that gold jumper (by all accounts they are both fine men too). Maybe they could be persuaded to address the playing group before Saturday and remind them of what that jersey represents, not that they should need any reminding.

Most of all, I'd just love to hear Dr Loane repeat his famous remark: "Mediocrity shits me"

T

Train Without a Station

Ch. 7 News here in Perth went with the angle that there's been a players revolt and Link could be gone by Sunday.

If that comes to pass then I'm done.

I'm with you. Based on what we have actually seen and heard so far, a management revolt would be the only thing close to justified.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Collateral damage has been mentioned before on this thread. Perhaps this could be it: "Davis (Waratahs' Chairman) also revealed that the Beale affair had interrupted the Waratahs negotiations to extend the contract of head coach Michael Cheika."
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...aratahs-chairman/story-e6frg7o6-1227088926705

Rubbish. You either want to extend your premiership-winning coach's contract, or you don't. There are no excuses.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm with you. Based on what we have actually seen and heard so far, a management revolt would be the only thing close to justified.

I suspect that this past fornight would be the most difficult time in Link's coaching career by far. At the moment I wouldn't be in his position for anything. This thing has spiralled from an argument over a t-shirt to a crisis which threatens to tear the structure apart.

Anything could happen Saturday night, it could be one of those famous victories when in the greatest adversity everything and everyone comes together or it could end up a humiliating defeat. The big challenge is getting the management and playing group in unison for the EOYT.

Appropriate use of technologly and basic human courtesies would be a start, but is the relationship between players and coach salvageable? It will take a lot of goodwill and forgiveness all round IMO for all parties to get beyond this.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
How could you possibly know this for a fact?
Beale himself doesn't know why he did it.
He did a stupid thing, it's inexcuseable and he regrets it.
How do you know he regrets it. As far as I'm concerned you're defending the undefendable. Beales act is inexcusable. The texts are disgusting and have no place in any workplace.

Reactions: mst

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How could you possibly know this for a fact?
Beale himself doesn't know why he did it.
He did a stupid thing, it's inexcuseable and he regrets it.

So, why did Beale send offensive message regarding Di Patston?

His lack of reasoning doesn't change the definition of the act.

And I don't think there can be an argument against the premise that the text messages were clearly set out to humiliate, and insult Mrs Patston.

She clearly didn't find them amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.