• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
So as well as being sexually harassed and bullied, Patston was somehow responsible as manager for sorting out her persecution by Beale? Right.

So just clarify again the double jeopardy?

The Double Jeopardy comes from the matter being dealt when it happened by reports coming out. The way it was managed back in June while unsatisfactory to many observers, that represented people's judgements and decisions at the time, regardless the sanctions / punishment / accepting an apology - being poor or good decision in hindsight.

These decisions are now being revisited, and this is what I think is getting the playing group offside.

Say you have a employee stuff up you issue the formal warning letter then and there not four months down the track.

T

Train Without a Station

KP, in this case she's the victim, not responsible for managing the situation.

T

TOCC

Beale himself doesn't know why he did it.
He did a stupid thing, it's inexcuseable and he regrets it.

Let's just make one thing clear, he regrets getting caught...

Immaturity is difficult to explain to someone who is immature, in 10 or so years KB (Kurtley Beale) will look back at his actions with remorse and a 'what could have been' attitude... Let's just hope it's not to late too turn it around and save his career in the NRL or France...

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
all this lawyer speak on this thread gives me the shits--there are thousands of villians out there accused of heinous crimes that should demand your attention,'I'm sure Beale will survive on legal aid:)

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
These decisions are now being revisited, and this is what I think is getting the playing group offside.

I don't know that and McKenzie denies that he knew at the time. The only evidence there is supports that he didn't know.

If the ARU starts asking questions via an appointed investigator, she has to fess up. If Beale and the players who should have known better had done so at the time, this mess would have been avoided.

The fact that Beale and a cadre of players managed to weasel out of it in June by applying pressure to the victim of the sexual harassment doesn't wash as due process.

T

Train Without a Station

How the fuck can people say decisions are being revisited. The facts we've seen show that she agreed to let the matter slide proving Kurtley stays out of trouble. Bringing it up when he gets in trouble next leg of the season isn't revisiting. It's doing what was fucking agreed.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
I dunno, I kinda miss the victim blaming, Fairfax. Christ, get some muckrakers onto this- SURELY there's a Today Tonight-style insurance scam in her past, or something she did at the turn of the millennium.

I mean, I'm sure the muckrakers have been looking for hints/evidence of an 'inappropriate relationship' (or in fact, anything that hasn't come from senior players, sources close to the team or KBs manager) but after 8 (?) days of coming up with nothing, let's get creative! You can do this!

S

spirit of cupertino

If you ran a small business, and you wanted to hire someone good, and they said I'll only come across if I can bring my buddy with me, and you agreed, then you, like the ARU in this case are solely to blame. Please stop bagging the coach and the only aboriginal in the team. I know you're not rascists but to align yourself with this antiKB horseshit is wrong. If people are paid a motza for management then let them go if they stuff up.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
If you ran a small business, and you wanted to hire someone good, and they said I'll only come across if I can bring my buddy with me, and you agreed, then you, like the ARU in this case are solely to blame. Please stop bagging the coach and the only aboriginal in the team. I know you're not rascists but to align yourself with this antiKB horseshit is wrong. If people are paid a motza for management then let them go if they stuff up.
If you are trying to win "most incomprehensibly stupid post of the most incomprehensibly batfisted thread", well done.
If you are trying to make a cogent argument, you must be kidding.
Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any more dire.........

Status
Not open for further replies.