• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

I'm happy to accept sometimes either will perform better. But fuck we've got some shit fans. Cheika would definitely be better than Link, Hodgson would definitely be better than Hooper, Douglas would definitely be better than Carter, Beale would definitely be better than To'omua. Generally based on the incumbent who generally had over time been a better option, failing somewhat at a higher level.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Link may well go over this, and if the fairfax article is true he probably should, but at this point I think it's dependant on weather or not his actions are adequate grounds for termination, because there's no fucking way the ARU can afford to pay him out.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Georgina Robinson wouldn't say something unless it had a firm grounding in fact. She's essentially an ARU employee.

However, I have it on pretty good terms that the Patston / Ewen affair rumour is nothing but nonsense. As much as I was hoping for Cheika to come swooping in and save the day, it seems that Ewen will stay put and KB (Kurtley Beale) will be packing his bags.

I'll be sorry to see him go. How could you do this to me KB (Kurtley Beale)?

#justice4KB

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Beale's fucked either way as they said on rugby hq, and I'm not going to try to predict the eventual fallout, but it does smell a bit and I'm getting the feeling that Beale, because he is clearly in the wrong, is being used to divert attention from the wider issues.

What did Lee Harvey Oswald say? 'I'm just a patsy'!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The stench is overpowering. Beale's position seems untenable, so he's a convenient patsy and thus very useful to divert attention away from other areas.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
"Fairfax Media understands..."

Amazes me how people then believe anything written after that to be a god given fact. Haven't you people learn't anything yet about the media?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Georgina Robinson wouldn't say something unless it had a firm grounding in fact. She's essentially an ARU employee.

Not this time around, she's being quite the opposite

However, I have it on pretty good terms that the Patston / Ewen affair rumour is nothing but nonsense. As much as I was hoping for Cheika to come swooping in and save the day, it seems that Ewen will stay put and KB (Kurtley Beale) will be packing his bags.

Do tell, you're bucking the trend

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Seems to me this is becoming a bit of a NSW v QLD issue. NSW fans on here seem generally more upset at the thought of Beale going and would prefer to see Link take the cope and King Cheika take over. I'm yet to hear any factual basis to suggest link is doing anything untoward, save for a bunch of journos (Sydney journos in fact) trying to sell papers.

Seems pretty obvious who's causing all the problems here and its not link

Westie

Sydney Middleton (9)
Careful folks. Remind yourself of above. Some things should not be posted. . . yet.

In the meantime, just get busy finding a cauldron large enough, preparing flaming torches, polishing Tin Foil Hats, checking the Faraday cage, and for the hell of it get a Van Der Graaf generator ready just in case we need some special effects.

Me, I'm getting busy preparing a couple of jousting sticks. I reckon these will be a great talking point when I rock up to the Angry Mob with them in lieu of my trusty pitchfork.

Fuck that, I'm bringing my rusty pitchfork.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Seems to me this is becoming a bit of a NSW v QLD issue. NSW fans on here seem generally more upset at the thought of Beale going and would prefer to see Link take the cope and King Cheika take over. I'm yet to hear any factual basis to suggest link is doing anything untoward, save for a bunch of journos trying to seel papers.

Commenting on the fact that Cheika would get the job if Link gets sacked is not a NSW/QLD rift.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Link may well go over this, and if the fairfax article is true he probably should, but at this point I think it's dependant on weather or not his actions are adequate grounds for termination, because there's no fucking way the ARU can afford to pay him out.

Didn't the ARU just negotiate a new TV rights deal? They're rolling in it! ;)

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)

I'll be sorry to see him go. How could you do this to me KB (Kurtley Beale)?

#justice4KB

It's hard to say with GR on this one. She broke the story and since then we have heard all sorts of possibilities, so sometimes when a journo gets the initial scoop, they sometimes have to play catch up with more unqualified statements like "Fairfax understands".

I'm not doubting that she has good sources close to the coal face but so many now are trying to give the big reveal that it's hard to believe some of this stuff.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Beales gone which is the first step in the healing process.

Now Link needs to cut Patston loose - she obviously hasn't earned the respect of the squad, and if he doesn't act on that then he will lose the dressing room. This isn't player power, its a matter of knowing how to manage a complicated group of people in a complicated situation.

All that matters here is the wallaby legacy. Fuck egos, semantics and 'right or wrongs'.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Not sure why Link has become the scapegoat. Beale needs to fuck off to league. im sick of his shit
o_O

Seems to me this is becoming a bit of a NSW v QLD issue. NSW fans on here seem generally more upset at the thought of Beale going and would prefer to see Link take the cope and King Cheika take over. I'm yet to hear any factual basis to suggest link is doing anything untoward, save for a bunch of journos (Sydney journos in fact) trying to sell papers.

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

CruzinSanta

Frank Row (1)

I agree that there is a lot of NSW v QLD animosity in this thread.

But there is a trail of bodies behind Link over the past few years, he played the media well (including GAGR) to get where is.

All of us have been convinced of a brighter future by Link. And all we see now is the train coming at us.

the KB (Kurtley Beale) saga is just the train blowing the whistle!

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
It's hard to say with GR on this one. She broke the story and since then we have heard all sorts of possibilities, so sometimes when a journo gets the initial scoop, they sometimes have to play catch up with more unqualified statements like "Fairfax understands".

Just like Fox New's "Some say" or "Some people say"

Status
Not open for further replies.