• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Commenting on the fact that Cheika would get the job if Link gets sacked is not a NSW/QLD rift.

No but I think NSW fans are on the defensive because this will clearly be the end of beale. understandable but at the end of the day beale is going to get his comeuppance.

Seems as tho Link did his best at first instance to put Beale's fire out in June without the ARU by keeping it in house. Low and behold beale is at it again on tour and now the shit has hit the fan.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Seems to me this is becoming a bit of a NSW v QLD issue. NSW fans on here seem generally more upset at the thought of Beale going and would prefer to see Link take the cope and King Cheika take over. I'm yet to hear any factual basis to suggest link is doing anything untoward, save for a bunch of journos (Sydney journos in fact) trying to sell papers.

Seems pretty obvious who's causing all the problems here and its not link

I haven't really detected much if any NSW/Qld stuff in the posts. Very few defenders of Beale on the thread at all. I can assure you that most Waratah fans are quite happy to keep Cheika here rather than go to the Wallabies. Link may or may not end up being collateral damage, either way his reputation has taken a bit of a hit - particularly if this has been festering for months.

John Eales was asked if Link had lost the dressing room - and he had the chance to say "not at all" or similar.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Beales gone which is the first step in the healing process.

Now Link needs to cut Patston loose - she obviously hasn't earned the respect of the squad, and if he doesn't act on that then he will lose the dressing room. This isn't player power, its a matter of knowing how to manage a complicated group of people in a complicated situation.

Trouble is players are going to see it as a win for player power. Link is doomed if he does get rid of her, doomed if he doesn't.

And we are so going to get to 50 pages tonight!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No but I think NSW fans are on the defensive because this will clearly be the end of beale. understandable but at the end of the day beale is going to get his comeuppance.

Yeah just like during the Quade saga plenty of Reds fans wanted Quade just to play for the Reds and not have an ARU contract.

I think people were defending Beale up until the text allegations because until then he hadn't done anything (known details about what was said) wrong.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Trouble is players are going to see it as a win for player power. Link is doomed if he does get rid of her, doomed if he doesn't.

And we are so going to get to 50 pages tonight!

More importantly there will likely be significant legal issues relating to weather or not she stays, can't really sack someone whose been the victim of abuse. In the end it's probably going to be her call, at least initially.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Seems as tho Link did his best at first instance to put Beale's fire out in June without the ARU by keeping it in house. Low and behold beale is at it again on tour and now the shit has hit the fan.

Yes, but Link is the one who elevated Beale to starting 10 against the ABs, so surely he bears some responsibility for having him in the team/squad?

If you go back to the Waratahs 2014 thread, you'll see that many Waratah supporters were against him coming here in the first place and there was significant criticism of him during the season. It's not as if he's some sort of Waratah fans' favourite.

The other party to the mid-air argument is/was Link's personal choice to fulfil a senior position in the Wallaby set up.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I agree that there is a lot of NSW v QLD animosity in this thread.

But there is a trail of bodies behind Link over the past few years, he played the media well (including GAGR) to get where is.

All of us have been convinced of a brighter future by Link. And all we see now is the train coming at us.

the KB (Kurtley Beale) saga is just the train blowing the whistle!

Rubbish. Deans had to go and who else was there? White was the only other option and given his walking from the Brumbies and pushed from the Sharks it seems for the best he didn't get it. But now you come along and claim there are a trail of bodies behind him? Who, what, where? wtf does that even mean?

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)

It won't be a huge issue as long as he sits the team down and says: "Kurtley was out of line and it cost him his career in rugby. Di wasn't succeeding in the role to the standards required so I got rid of her as well. The wallabies are bigger than any player or staffer, and while I am in charge we will respect that."

These blokes aren't idiots, they're grown men, and if they can't respect that position they shouldn't be Wallabies anyway.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I don't think its a NSW v QLD issue at all. its a WALLABY issue.

My primary concern is rugby in Australia. And that means a competitive Wallabies team who at least point vaguely in the right direction. Without that, turn the lights out, and let the administrators have the headquarters of each major Super franchise in return for letting us play Subbies ongoing.

The fact that its a NSW player involved, and a "QLD" coach (who lets not forget was from Melbourne, played for NSW, coached NSW, the Brumbies, the Wallabies, QLD, in various roles), is completely, fucking, shit-stabbingly, irrelevant.

IF* anything about the relationship between Link and Patston is untoward, it is a breach of their conduct as professionals to the roles in which they were appointed, particularly if the conduct of either of them is not in the best interests of the team.

Thing is, Link was clearly the guy who could get Aussie rugby back on track. He showed that with QLD. Now, IF** he's letting his rugby sense get muddled by quim, well fuck that.

I think its pretty much a given that KB (Kurtley Beale) is fucked sideways. You cannot go around doing that to an employer, then get caught, then expect anything other than summary dismissal. Particularly if you're also breaching the policies around company equipment as I said earlier.

* I'm putting that there so that any rabid QLD fans who think I'm having a go at them personally. The world doesn't revolve around you.

** I put another one here, just in case the first wasn't clear.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I haven't really detected much if any NSW/Qld stuff in the posts. Very few defenders of Beale on the thread at all. I can assure you that most Waratah fans are quite happy to keep Cheika here rather than go to the Wallabies. Link may or may not end up being collateral damage, either way his reputation has taken a bit of a hit - particularly if this has been festering for months.

John Eales was asked if Link had lost the dressing room - and he had the chance to say "not at all" or similar.

This is the same bullshit that befell Deans when Cooper was investigated and suspended. Everyone turned their attention to Deans and how he was in some way to blame for Cooper acting unprofessional. This is EXACTLY the same. The only difference is that it was easier to side with Cooper than Beale cause some people at least agreed with his criticisms of deans. Beale on the other hand has no leg to stand on. At least in 2012 we had some season players around (like Sharpe) to put Cooper in his place. I really wish Stephen moore was in the squad right now.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
In on 50th page. Spot for sale.

Edit: Spot sold to Whatsapp: The sure-fire way to disseminate deeply offensive material

whatsapp1.jpg

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Yeah I don't see much NSW vs QLD here to be honest.

For myself, I'm a Wallabies fan first and Reds fan second. All I want is this issue/s, whatever it is, to be fixed the hell up and Australian rugby be competitive again. Against rugby league. Against the All Blacks. Competitive in every sense.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
IF* anything about the relationship between Link and Patston is untoward, it is a breach of their conduct as professionals to the roles in which they were appointed, particularly if the conduct of either of them is not in the best interests of the team.

Absolutely. And if that's true Link should be stood down. but is there any actual truth to those allegations?? All i've read to date was some speculative article from GR. Seems to me journos are just trying to sell papers otherwise Link would be being investigated too.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Maybe not particularly NSW/Qld stuff, but from my viewing there has been a common thread running though posts from Tahs' fans supporting Beale and wanting him to remain at the Tahs next year even if he is dropped from the Wallabies. Now the main theme seems to have changes to finger pointing at Link to deflect the criticism of Beale.

In retrospect, the real problem with Kurtley is that he has been given too many chances in the past. Had he had his card marked never to be a Wallaby again after his altercation with Delve, then none of this shit would be affecting the Wallabies atm.

In relation to the texts and images appearing in June, the explanation being given is that the matter was dealt with in house at the time and Beale made an appropriate apology to Ms Patston and that's as far as it went. It isn't hard to imagine that part of the apology was probably an undertaking not to repeat any of those shennanigans in future but in the heat of the argument on the plane, he (Kurtley) may have referenced it again, in public, which could have led either Ms Patston or Link to bbring it up in the investigation into that incident.

We really do need to have a no dickheads policy regardless of the X Factor any one of the dickheads brings to the game. Maybe then we'll look a bit more like the ABs even if we can't play nearly so well.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pulver is between a rock & a hard place.
How he manages this issue will define his stint at the ARU.
I'm calling he'll go soft and try and manage the perception,no doubt Patston will go in an attempt to appease the players.

Which is absolutely the wrong fucking approach.

Pulver seems from this far away, to be a conciliator. Its unsurprising he's had to be, given the number of fucks JON failed to give as he waltzed out with a bag of money.

From the start, Pulver has tried to get everyone working together to make the game great, but I think his private and public face from the point where the findings are handed down need to move from this:

Bill-Pulver-Posing-130213G300.jpg

Hey guys! Who loves rugby?

To something along these lines:

unforgiven-clint-eastwood.jpeg

Its a hell of a thing, firin' a man...

Particularly behind closed doors, he needs something like the "get off your fucking phone" moment that JON had.

A real c**t moment to show everyone that HE'S the fucking boss and if everyone doesn't start acting appropriately, then shit will go down in the name of saving Australian Rugby.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
We really do need to have a no dockheads policy regardless of the X Factor any one of the dickheads brings to the game. Maybe then we'll look a bit more like the ABs even if we can't play nearly so well.

The day Australian rugby adopts a "no dickheads" policy is the day most of the old tie brigade up to the third knuckle in everything will have to exit.

Not going to happen.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Pulver is between a rock & a hard place.
How he manages this issue will define his stint at the ARU.
I'm calling he'll go soft and try and manage the perception,no doubt Patston will go in an attempt to appease the players.

Soft, apology? What? I have been speed reading to get to this point - I have the prerequisite pitch fork, cauldron, tinfoil hat, jousting sticks and all hopped up on rumour, speculation and innuendo and you think I will settle for apologies at page 50? Phitzy is still being semi rational and only mildly offensive. There has to me more!

Status
Not open for further replies.