• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
While I admire everyone's obsession with the sports pages this situation plays out every couple of months in the business section. I think anyone who thinks anyone in management is going to be pushed out over an airplane argument without starting a much bigger and more lucrative fight is delusional.

Rugby HQ and SMH both say the text issue was dealt with by the Wallabies in June. Why save it and bring it out now? Attack must be the best form of defence (at least someone on the Wallaby team management now understands this).

We can't expect much from Pulver here, he is hopelessly compromised given his grandstanding on McKenzie's appointment (running rugby? Tahs 2005-2008? Give me a break). If the weight of rumours is true then the ARU is even more hopelessly compromised agreeing to the appointments in the first place.

Can't be long before we get taken over by the NRL so they can have access to the World Cup and Olympic Games (we need some of their forwards anyway).

Who might be a replacement coach? Cheika needs years and cooperation from 5 Super Rugby franchises to make his game work (another thread is already open on this maybe?). Deans and McKenzie have both struggled with trying to put together a cohesive team from these bits and pieces and performed best on EOYT. The dressing room is split; that might mean McKenzie doesn't have support but it could also mean the same for the incoming coach.

Another interim appointment a la Connolly? An expendable Jake White to come in, sharpen the forwards and our kicking game, salvage something at the RWC and ride off into the sunset? Doesn't look as silly as it did 20 pages ago.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Absolutely. And if that's true Link should be stood down. but is there any actual truth to those allegations?? All i've read to date was some speculative article from GR. Seems to me journos are just trying to sell papers otherwise Link would be being investigated too.

Ask yourself this instead:

What does GR gain from potentially defamatory material?

She isn't an employee of NSW Rugby or even Australian Rugby. She sure as fuck knows which side her bread is buttered on, and isn't going to risk pissing off her meal ticket. Yes, her bosses want to sell newspapers, but it is a very fine line she has to tread.

And she's definitely not going down the Growden "snout" or "rumour" route. She is saying quite clearly that members of the wider Wallaby touring party are saying these things. She won't name names - again, don't shit where you eat - but this isn't simply pumping up her own reputation or seeking to bring down the game.

She's clearly knowledgeable about the way things run, and seems to have an interest in actually reporting on the sport, not just make shit up like Growden. I think any rugby journo in Australia would rather the Wallabies win their last two TRC games with class and style, so they'd have something awesome to print.

So, what does she gain from making these statements?

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Just a quick word of warning to those of you tempted to keep going as only 8 posts to go to #1000. Don't put your beauty sleep at risk because they are still searching for post #5000 on the scholarships thread, last seen somewhere over the Indian Ocean.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Sorry,don't buy it.
The explanation that it was dealt with in house is simply not good enough.
Pretty much every poster has acknowledged this texting shit is a no brainier sackable offence.
For Link to attempt to suggest it was handled in house, is simply laughable.
No formal warning,no fine no suspension.
That is not handling a matter,it's ignoring an issue, or sweeping it under the carpet.
If the reports are correct about Link missing compulsory team dinner in Perth,and one of only two training sessions in Argentina.
Then his relationship with Patston,whatever form it takes,is impacting negatively on his performance as the coach if the Wallabies.

If you then consider that the playing group informed him of their collective discontent with her involvement of the side last year.
What did Link do?
He invented some never discussed curfew the following week,and disciplined 1/2 the squad.
He then came home and increased the involvement of said employee,that was the centre of the players discontent.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Just a quick word of warning to those of you tempted to keep going as only 8 posts to go to #1000. Don't put your beauty sleep at risk because they are still searching for post #5000 on the scholarships thread, last seen somewhere over the Indian Ocean.
Half eight in WA mate. And the Indian Ocean is already here.

̶ ̶5̶ ̶ 2 to go.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
i went for a rub on page 46.
i come back and we are over the big 50.
what's between 46 and 50?

Pure Pfitzy awesomeness if you're lucky.

People jumping up and down looking to be victimised if you're not.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/t...ve-text-messages/story-e6frf4qc-1227085711179

The “texts and images” distributed to teammates in June came to light during the ARU’s investigation into an argument between Beale and Wallabies business manager Di Patston on a flight to Argentina last week.

In an intriguing twist to the investigation, The Daily Telegraph has learned of a series of explosive emails exchanged between Beale and Patston over the past week.

The electronic trail details how Patston initially warned Beale away from attempting to broker a peace deal before a dramatic change of heart 48 hours later.

The Daily Telegraph understands Patston’s most recent email to Beale suggested the two of them should catch up together to try and resolve the incident.

Wallabies coach Ewen McKenzie and other ARU officials were copied into the email exchanges.

Beale received an official warning on Wednesday with the ARU outlining how they have obtained a series of text messages from the Wallabies star and an image denigrating Patston.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
It won't be a huge issue as long as he sits the team down and says: "Kurtley was out of line and it cost him his career in rugby. Di wasn't succeeding in the role to the standards required so I got rid of her as well. The wallabies are bigger than any player or staffer, and while I am in charge we will respect that."

These blokes aren't idiots, they're grown men, and if they can't respect that position they shouldn't be Wallabies anyway.

THIS. My thoughts exactly.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How the fuck does the Daily Telegraph get access to internal emails, which ARU official is leaking this shit.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
How the fuck does the Daily Telegraph get access to internal emails, which ARU official is leaking this shit.

Just another huge fucking crime going down in the book of grudges.

The politicking is part of rugby, and it needs to die.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well, I'm spent from all this shitting-myself-with-rage.

Let's hope tomorrow is a better day.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They haven't actually seen the emails...........

They've simply "learned of their existence" and "understand" what was in them................

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
"Pulver said he only found out about the alleged texts on Wednesday morning, and believed McKenzie had only learned of them at a similar time."
I am calling bullshit on this claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.