• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Beale's gotta be gone - no contract renewal.

Patston will get paid a severance.

Mckenzie will survive because Pulver would be better off spinning this as rogue workers rather than rogue middle managment.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
My problem with Beale is his lack of respect for Link. Link does him a solid and keeps the initial text shit under wraps, then Kurtley basically sells him down the river by escalating it again.

Pulver says that Link only just found out about the texting

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Dead right. If I were Link I'd be furious with KB (Kurtley Beale) right now. It seems that there is a cohort of players in the Wallaby system who feel that the normal rules don't apply to them. In these situations either the team or the players win and I guess time will tell which it is in this case. The EOYT will be interesting to observe.
Well the players are right,normal rules don't apply to them.
If Link had applied standards,KB (Kurtley Beale) wouldn't have been on the tour.
Now, he might have to pay for his pragmatism with his job.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Here is another question for workplace lawyers.

There is an assumption at large that Beale accidentally sent the text to Patson.

Other readers have pointed to the possible guilt of the Dublin snitch.

Technically then aren't Beale and the Dublin snitch equally guilty?

If there is a McKenzie/Patson relationship is McKenzie guilty of nepotism in seeking an expanded appointment for Patson? Or are the ARU just incredibly stupid for allowing that to happen or even sanctioning it?

If that was the case there is actually no word to describe why he thought that was OK within the team environment.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well the players are right,normal rules don't apply to them.
If Link had applied standards,KB (Kurtley Beale) wouldn't have been on the tour.
Now, he might have to pay for his pragmatism with his job.

"In-house sincere heartfelt apology" = starting Wallaby 10 vs ABs

That equation doesn't quite add up does it.....

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
when does Link's contract end?
Next week sometime if the ARU are fair dinkum....

Here is another question for workplace lawyers.

There is an assumption at large that Beale accidentally sent the text to Patson.

Other readers have pointed to the possible guilt of the Dublin snitch.

Technically then aren't Beale and the Dublin snitch equally guilty?

If there is a McKenzie/Patson relationship is McKenzie guilty of nepotism in seeking an expanded appointment for Patson? Or are the ARU just incredibly stupid for allowing that to happen or even sanctioning it?

If that was the case there is actually no word to describe why he thought that was OK within the team environment.
Nope the Dublin snitch would have merely been reporting it,as is his duty.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
You get post 1000 and then call @Anthony names. <Head scratch>?

found splinter.

I think a post got deleted earlier in the thread, bumping mine out of the sweet spot and his post into it.

Damn - I'll concede that you probably deserved it pfitzy.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Just before we get carried away here about sport being a business and players being employees. I always love that with sporting bodies; a sport when we have our hands out and a business when we need to fuck someone over.

It is a bit unfair being high and mighty about workplace standards. A lot of these players are just kids without experience in the working world, albeit highly paid!

Elite athletes operate in a high pressure and emotional environment. Everything is expanded in importance within their world. It is difficult to understand or judge when you are outside it. I am devastated at the turn of events as I cannot see how there is any way back for KB (Kurtley Beale). I disagree with many on here in that he was part of the solution, a big part of the on and off field turn around at NSW.

Equally, those in charge of the game seem to be part of the problem. I do not think they grasp what the implications of this incident are. They will still be playing catch up while they write the cheques. Money desperately needed elsewhere to help our game prosper.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
I should stay up this late more often, am thinking much more clearly.

Just trawling back through some comments on the Dublin 6.

Where are we with the culture at the Wallabies?

One point of view is that Australians do not like dobbers.

Another is that the dobbed in should not be letting down their team.

Another point of view points to the All Blacks culture.

The way it should work is that the team members who believe they are being let down need to sort it out with the team members perceived to be doing the letting down. This is the way of the All Blacks and a time honoured method. I have seen it work in a number of ways.

This is an interesting conundrum for the dobbers, if they cannot impose their will then either the let down are on the wrong program or everything has gone to the shithouse. In the case of the latter we then dob in to the Coach who has piloted the bus into the shithouse in the first place.

If it has gone to the shithouse, who let it get that far. Was suspending players for a less important game a way of addressing the shithouse? I am not even going to explore the predominantly NSW group of the punished or speculate whether this group captured the majority of players questioning the direction the team is taking.

We all know when the fish stinks it starts at the head.

Rucks and Mauls

Peter Burge (5)
Part of me suspects that Pulver and Link both new about the text in June but chose to deal with it in house. Word is that Patston brought it back up following (or during) the plane incident....and said to KB (Kurtley Beale) that his career was now over. Hence why the players came to his defence and I suppose adds weight to their complaints about her professionalism. Either way both KB (Kurtley Beale) and Patston come across badly and deserve scrutiny.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
It is a real shame I do not have the answers for everything so I pose another question.

This is very inconvenient for NSW rugby. Within sniffing distance of financial viability .....

Would they try and top up Beale's contract themselves in the absence of ARU money? I bet they would try.

Although I suspect Beale might have too much pride to take it. My belief is he has been trying (too hard) to win a top up on his own behalf.

If they did, would the ARU allow him to play S15? Do they have to ratify the contracts of players before they are allowed to play S15? At what point do NSW bend over and accept the commercial consequences of Beale going?
Will they contest an ARU decision on its commercial merits?

Alright you pedants. Several questions!

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
If they did, would the ARU allow him to play S15? Do they have to ratify the contracts of players before they are allowed to play S15? At what point do NSW bend over and accept the commercial consequences of Beale going?

Wouldn't accepting Beale's importance like that just be admitting that one player is bigger than the game in Australia? And where else is that the case? I'm trying to think of another first-tier nation that would give an "x-factor" player with intermittent form so much rope.

Status
Not open for further replies.