• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Assumptions are flowing thick and fast in Bealegate, including:

1) Hooper's comments represent those of all or a majority of the players rather than a couple of voices

2) Patston nefariously stored the infamous messages for a rainy day rather than being simply being persuaded by 'senior players' who received them at the same time to accept Beale's heartfelt apology and keep it from management

3) When subjected to further abuse from Beale. Patston should have somehow magically dealt with it because it is her job

4) When the ARU decided to look into it seriously with an investigation, she should have lied or withheld the details of the prior abuse

Ged

Allen Oxlade (6)
This is the problem with our society. It's the problem with our politics, our organisations, our business, our justice system.​
This sort of "gotcha politics" - he said, she said, who knew what when...​
Who f'ing cares?​
We all know who is truly in the wrong here - the rap sheet, the offensive and sexist text messages, the fight (when a second person, Carter, in the same situation, behaved totally differently)​
Just kick the guy out. He's not even that good. Wallabies (and Waratahs for that matter) will do just fine without him. He can't even make first choice in either of those teams in his preferred position, the Tahs won't have any problems finding a decent inside centre.​
Regarding the team, it's high time Pulver and McKenzie do what JON and Dingo failed to do. Call a meeting of the entire squad, and let them know in no uncertain terms, there's the f'ing door. Walk if you want. Get on the phone to your bumchums in France and get them to get you a job. Otherwise shut the fuck up and start playing like you deserve the $$$.​
You might be on a contract, but it is a privilege to be SELECTED to play for the Wallabies. The bloke behind you will take the jersey. Hell we're shit anyway, may as well start from scratch.​
And for the honesty session - why not invite Alan Jones, Andrew Slack, Tony Shaw, John Eales, Nick Farr Jones, Willie O, Peter Fitzsimons (if he'll sit in a room with Jones) and Toutai Kefu to the honesty session, let them listen in on it, and give you guys a bit of fucking honesty back. Honesty's a two way street.​
Pathetic, self entitled, over-rated.​

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
And for the honesty session - why not invite Alan Jones, Andrew Slack, Tony Shaw, John Eales, Nick Farr Jones, Willie O, Peter Fitzsimons (if he'll sit in a room with Jones) and Toutai Kefu to the honesty session, let them listen in on it, and give you guys a bit of fucking honesty back. Honesty's a two way street

That's a great idea actually. The past players shouldn't say anything. Just observe.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
... it's high time Pulver and McKenzie do what JON and Dingo failed to do. Call a meeting of the entire squad, and let them know in no uncertain terms, there's the f'ing door. Walk if you want. Get on the phone to your bumchums in France and get them to get you a job. Otherwise shut the fuck up and start playing like you deserve the $$$.

are you sure O'Neill and Robbie D didn't do that?
and that their doing so didn't create a player backlash that is still stinging today?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So you think the majority of the wallaby players think it's okay to send disgusting text about an ARU employee? And you got that from one guys comments. It's funny because the first thing I thought wasn't that he spoke for the team. The first thing I thought is this guy shouldn't be the captain of our national team.
Yeah in the end what KB (Kurtley Beale) did is unacceptable.. And that's what I think Moore would have said.

Jesus I'd have much more respect for him if he said I support KB (Kurtley Beale) and hope he stays but it's not acceptable.

And FFS it isn't.. you can't pee in your mouth you can't shit in a hallway..oh and you can't send messages about someone you work with with pictures.

FFS it's not rocket science

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
This is the problem with our society. It's the problem with our politics, our organisations, our business, our justice system.​
This sort of "gotcha politics" - he said, she said, who knew what when.​
Who f'ing cares?​
We all know who is truly in the wrong here - the rap sheet, the offensive and sexist text messages, the fight (when a second person, Carter, in the same situation, behaved totally differently)​
Just kick the guy out. He's not even that good. Wallabies (and Waratahs for that matter) will do just fine without him. He can't even make first choice in either of those teams in his preferred position, the Tahs won't have any problems finding a decent inside centre.​
Regarding the team, it's high time Pulver and McKenzie do what JON and Dingo failed to do. Call a meeting of the entire squad, and let them know in no uncertain terms, there's the f'ing door. Walk if you want. Get on the phone to your bumchums in France and get them to get you a job. Otherwise shut the fuck up and start playing like you deserve the $$$.​
You might be on a contract, but it is a privilege to be SELECTED to play for the Wallabies. The bloke behind you will take the jersey. Hell we're shit anyway, may as well start from scratch.​
And for the honesty session - why not invite Alan Jones, Andrew Slack, Tony Shaw, John Eales, Nick Farr Jones, Willie O, Peter Fitzsimons (if he'll sit in a room with Jones) and Toutai Kefu to the honesty session, let them listen in on it, and give you guys a bit of fucking honesty back. Honesty's a two way street.​
Pathetic, self entitled, over-rated.​
giphy.gif

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
I thought Hooper looked intent decisive and determined.

My tip is that McKenzie is finished and the players, despite the ridiculous statements on this thread are going to pull it in tight. Can't wait to see what the game plan and execution is on Saturday. I am now a lot more optimistic than the last week or so.

People need to get over what players are paid. They have a market value, no more than that. Otherwise they play for themselves, their families, their teammates and the state/country they represent but probably in various orders from man to man and from time to time. Also it seems only from time to time for their coach.

Interim coach a la Connolly. He and Dwyer are too old and probably a bit out of touch. Maybe McQueen is burned form the Rebels experience or may be considered a bit out of touch by the playing group. Jake White would be my choice; sharpen up the forwards accuracy but hopefully will be told they he needs to let the backs run around a bit. After the RWC the ARU (having given themselves a few solid uppercuts) should have learned their lesson and have some decent succession planning in place for coaches.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Waleed Aly on Offsiders this morning re: Beale.........

"I think they've got to take a very strong stance.

The text messages he was sending were grotesque.

They were deeply sexist, and I think this is actually part of the problem is this whole saga feels to me like very much a closed culture.

It's the kind of private school culture that I think rugby union has been stereotyped as having, and now it's kind of manifest.

And there's something clear here that those who do not fit within the very narrow strictures that have kind of been established around this sport, probably from the grassroots right up, are simply not going to be welcome.

Now, it may well be that the job that she was doing was not the right job, or that she was interfering in places that she shouldn't have been interfering - but that's not the tone of the criticism.

And the minute you violate I think that boundary, and you starting bringing in other things that simply should not be acceptable within the culture of a sport, then I think ultimately for the sake of the culture of the sport you have to get rid of that person.

And Kurtley Beale doesn't even provide a difficultly because he's not good enough to raise questions about whether or not you should tolerate that."

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I thought Hooper looked intent decisive and determined.

My tip is that McKenzie is finished and the players, despite the ridiculous statements on this thread are going to pull it in tight. Can't wait to see what the game plan and execution is on Saturday. I am now a lot more optimistic than the last week or so.

People need to get over what players are paid. They have a market value, no more than that. Otherwise they play for themselves, their families, their teammates and the state/country they represent but probably in various orders from man to man and from time to time. Also it seems only from time to time for their coach.

Interim coach a la Connolly. He and Dwyer are too old and probably a bit out of touch. Maybe McQueen is burned form the Rebels experience or may be considered a bit out of touch by the playing group. Jake White would be my choice; sharpen up the forwards accuracy but hopefully will be told they he needs to let the backs run around a bit. After the RWC the ARU (having given themselves a few solid uppercuts) should have learned their lesson and have some decent succession planning in place for coaches.
So McKenzie's finished cos Beale sent offence text messages..and that's all the info we have.

any player saying it's ok is wrong you can't send deeply offence texts about some one you work with.. Yesterday tomorrow fucking 2 years ago.

Oh and if your so much as a fuck tard you send it to the person it's about. He deserves too be sent on his way..wouldn't trust him to dress himself

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
This is the problem with our society. It's the problem with our politics, our organisations, our business, our justice system.
This sort of "gotcha politics" - he said, she said, who knew what when.
Who f'ing cares?

We all know who is truly in the wrong here - the rap sheet, the offensive and sexist text messages, the fight (when a second person, Carter, in the same situation, behaved totally differently)

Just kick the guy out. He's not even that good. Wallabies (and Waratahs for that matter) will do just fine without him. He can't even make first choice in either of those teams in his preferred position, the Tahs won't have any problems finding a decent inside centre.

Regarding the team, it's high time Pulver and McKenzie do what JON and Dingo failed to do. Call a meeting of the entire squad, and let them know in no uncertain terms, there's the f'ing door. Walk if you want. Get on the phone to your bumchums in France and get them to get you a job. Otherwise shut the fuck up and start playing like you deserve the $$$.

You might be on a contract, but it is a privilege to be SELECTED to play for the Wallabies. The bloke behind you will take the jersey. Hell we're shit anyway, may as well start from scratch.

And for the honesty session - why not invite Alan Jones, Andrew Slack, Tony Shaw, John Eales, Nick Farr Jones, Willie O, Peter Fitzsimons (if he'll sit in a room with Jones) and Toutai Kefu to the honesty session, let them listen in on it, and give you guys a bit of fucking honesty back. Honesty's a two way street.

Pathetic, self entitled, over-rated.

Nailed it. If things are as bad in camp Wallaby as they appear then this is exactly what should happen. The vast majority of the squad will straighten up and fly right and some others will get butt hurt and quit. Fuck those guys.

EDIT: Oh and I agree on the "gotcha" comment. In our 24 hour limited attention span news cycle, it's all we ever get and I'm fucking sick of it.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
So McKenzie's finished cos Beale sent offence text messages..and that's all the info we have.
You have to go and find your own info. This has gone on another 30 pages with one side humping the tackling bags. Go figure

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Tomikin said:
Sigh.. I'm over it mate.. Can't wait for the game I just wanna watch rugby

I am hearing you brother. Was happier when they closed the thread at page 59.

Hope I feel the same way 10pm Saturday

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I have been wondering if the players coming out and supporting Beale are doing this because if he gets fired due to the content of the text message then any player who received the message and forwarded it is also liable to getting in trouble.

If Beale gets off then so do the other players.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Nope,it's been extensively covered previously.
The bush lawyers are in agreement,that as it was well known the the team's HR mgr also received it,they are in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.