• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paradox

Does Beale have 2 phones? Surely Patston knows who sent the other text or did they both come to her from Beale and the claim is that someone hacked Beale's account and sent the other from a different phone? It was the phone on the grassy knoll. Seriously wtf!

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
There seems to be some further speculation here that the second phone must belong to someone senior in the Wallaby setup. Rebecca Wilson reported a statement attributed to Bill Pulver that he is screaming for the return of the second phone.

Hard to imagine either a contracted player currently injured or a player on the plane denying a request from their employer to return their phone for analysis.

Time to remove tin foil hats and let some air in through those ears.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
What concerns me the most is Cheika's age of entitlement hasn't even begun yet.

So are we onto sacking coaches before a game is played now?

Give the bloke a chance to prove himself at least. That "age of entitlement" won a super rugby title, when lots of people around here were saying that the Waratahs culture would never let them win a championship.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
This is a disappointing result. With the mess around the 'second sender' I understand Beale not being fired, but I find the idea that these breaches in conduct result only in fines, even for repeat offenders, abhorrent. I'd much prefer to see a 4-5 match ban handed down, the match fees are equivalent monetarily but it sends a much stronger message to Beale, the other players and the wider public; the standards of the Wallabies must be upheld or you will not play.

Going forward it's become pretty clear that Pulver's position is untenable, my only hope is whatever change comes doesn't torpedo the NRC, the one decent thing to come out of the ARU recently. Large scale clean out seems necessary and it looks like an experienced, no nonsense sports administrator will be needed. Time for Jim Carrmichael?

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
louie said:
I'd love to live in misogynistic wonderland that's inside your head. Just to walk around and see what it's like.

It is a matter of fact that Beale sent a text, the facts have been assessed and he has been punished.

Speculation has been rife on this site from Day 1. The fairyland is not in my head but in those that continue to search for theories that fit their preferred view of the world. For example look at Paradox's concept that Beale could have two phones. He might have three, his girlfriend could have two and so it goes on.

Not still getting it? The second phone is the one that receives the texts!

The other one I like is I am now labelled a misogynist. All through this thread many people have chosen to denigrate journalists, players and contributors who dare to challenge that maybe all was not well in the management of the Wallaby setup. The only completely unfounded speculation on this site relates to the quality of management of the Wallaby setup. Criticism of the ARU on the other hand is well supported by the facts.

Take off your tin hats, consider all of the information and join the dots up.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
f9997f559c90ee547a14517100d2e1ec.jpg

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
It is a matter of fact that Beale sent a text, the facts have been assessed and he has been punished.

Speculation has been rife on this site from Day 1. The fairyland is not in my head but in those that continue to search for theories that fit their preferred view of the world. For example look at Paradox's concept that Beale could have two phones. He might have three, his girlfriend could have two and so it goes on.

Not still getting it? The second phone is the one that receives the texts!

The other one I like is I am now labelled a misogynist. All through this thread many people have chosen to denigrate journalists, players and contributors who dare to challenge that maybe all was not well in the management of the Wallaby setup. The only completely unfounded speculation on this site relates to the quality of management of the Wallaby setup. Criticism of the ARU on the other hand is well supported by the facts.

Take off your tin hats, consider all of the information and join the dots up.

Everyone understands the facts. It has to do with attitude. Your saying KB (Kurtley Beale) got battered. I'm saying because of his behavior towards women, he deserved it and more.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
You aren't taking into account the coach factor. Cheika said he wouldn't publicly comment on the Beale issue but there were way to many media reports siggesting before and after he was signed that Cheika wanted him. I'm going to suggest this was a large factor in the decision.

Beale is a protected species. What a joke.

So the incompetent ARU managed to fix an independent judiciary hearing? Or should they have ignored said hearing and whacked on a bit more punishment so the mob felt they got their pound of flesh?

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
I am just going to let this go louie. I have been a concerned contributor to the site hoping to provide some balance. For some reason I thought that the sentiments so vociferously put on this site were reflective of a broader view amongst fans and spectators. Which I found alarming.

The reaction to the Tribunal's decision has been illuminating. There is enough information out in the world now reported by major news organisations who take care what they print to allow nearly the whole population to figure it out for themselves. The spite still remaining here is really a small minority. I very much doubt that people very concerned about harassment of women in the workplace are going to be too anxious about giving this example much oxygen.

Status
Not open for further replies.