• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I tend to agree - the fallout is more on rugby adminstration amateur handling of whole situation than what Beale, Link and patson have or haven't done....

shows in many ways rugby adminstration still very amateurish and not really grased the professionalism of other sporting codes yet

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
How about we woo David Gallop over to rugby. There's one thing for sure ,he is a professional. There haven't been any bad news stories in soccer since he went across, and he's had plenty of practise dealing with brain explosions from the league players.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
How about we woo David Gallop over to rugby. There's one thing for sure ,he is a professional. There haven't been any bad news stories in soccer since he went across, and he's had plenty of practise dealing with brain explosions from the league players.

He'd be good but he's probably happy being in a far less stressed environment.

On another note I'd be happy to see this thread nuked again.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I notice no direct quote attributed to Pulver. This tittle tattle is of the same quality as the rest of the unsubstantiated rumours.

It's making the claim that the journalist put the question to Pulver and he confirmed it.

If that didn't happen then Pulver should speak out about it.

It's unproven, but it's not unsubstantiated. Wilson is saying very clearly that Pulver substantiated it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

The national team is also at their lowest ever ranking.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Have the people that consider the punishment too lenient considered that maybe your expectations of the consequences for sexual harassment don't match what actually happens in reality? I would hazard a guess that many of the same people frequently consider criminal sentencing too lenient.

An independent judiciary of three people with extensive experience in running legal hearings was put together to hear the evidence and come up with a punishment. Upon considering the evidence a judgement would have been made as to the severity of the infraction and then a punishment given for that.

Many people are then making the call that the ARU, the coach, and the team should not accept the findings and punishment handed down and instead make their own judgement on the matter despite not being part of the hearing.

No one has been privy to all the evidence and has instead based their view on what they've read and also their preconceptions of the people involved (Beale, McKenzie, Patston, Pulver as well as the journalists reporting the matter) and come to a conclusion as to what they think happened and what they choose to believe. Any position you can take on this matter involves believing some unsubstantiated claims instead of other contradictory unsubstantiated claims or denials. It's not really a coincidence that those who think McKenzie resigned with his head held high and was faultless in the matter are most upset at the leniency of the sentence.

To those saying that McKay and Scrivener lost their jobs due to Beale, that is drawing a long bow. They lost their jobs because the coach changed and invariably some or all of the assistant coaches lose their job when the coach changes. It is a harsh reality of professional sport.

It would show good perception from Cheika to realise that selecting Beale immediately will rub salt in the wounds for the fans feeling most aggrieved. If he does join the tour, don't play him until the very end. Absence from the team would also give Beale a better chance at being forgiven by those fans.
Only because we all know the ARU can get it wrong. Many people believe there are fractions within the ARU as well pro NSW and otherwise.

Secondly, JOC (James O'Connor) got booted, so why not Beale?

Yes, people believe unsubstantiated claims. People do that all the time. People also have a natural tendency to sense when things are right and wrong.

When assessing the responses on here and the general feeling people have it's important to note previous transgressions on the player's behalf as well the same way a prospective employer will look at more than one of your past jobs before they decide to hire you.

Before you decide on getting serious with a girl, you evaluate her past relationships. WHen you place a bet on a rugby team you look at their historical performances.

• Beale has physically assaulted someone. Reprimanded and allowed to go on.
  • Beale started / instigated the sexist text messaging scandal.
  • Beale was forgiven, then Beale broke protocol again on the plane.
  • Beale is fined and allowed to play.
Beale has been shown leniancy because of Folau's threats in my opinion (Yes, this is an unsubstantiated claim - derived from common sense).

Again, it looks much more suspect when compared to JOC (James O'Connor).

Folau is an important cog in the grand scheme of things for the ARU because they think having a prolific player from another code will save their financial woes more than good rugby sense. Any thought of him leaving has to be dealt with accordingly then.

That means Beale stays.

Politics seem to be as much part of Australian rugby than it is in SA rugby and in both cases it's absurd.

Show me any job where you can get away with punching another person while representing your company, then sending sexist text messages to a colleague and also refuse to comply by not dressing appropriately according to company rules.

Unsubstantiated claims you may call it, my friend. I call it common sense.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think it's a bit much to call JOC (James O'Connor) got booted. We don't know. He was released from his contract, not terminated. Maybe he wanted out too. He went to Toulon after Irish when he could've come back.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think it's a bit much to call JOC (James O'Connor) got booted. We don't know. He was released from his contract, not terminated. Maybe he wanted out too. He went to Toulon after Irish when he could've come back.
That's a fair assessment qwerty51.

There may be a host of reasons for that.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
It's making the claim that the journalist put the question to Pulver and he confirmed it.

If that didn't happen then Pulver should speak out about it.

It's unproven, but it's not unsubstantiated. Wilson is saying very clearly that Pulver substantiated it.

It's not making that claim at all - no where does it say the journalist has even spoken to Pulver. It's worded to make you think she has.

It's actually another piece of cobbled together supposition most probably fuelled by a source with an agenda

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
By the sounds of it I would say that pretty much all of the evidence can be extracted forensically from a phone.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
I know I'm diverting a bit here but just on terry's post.

I agree totally. A lot of people will dismiss it but plenty of research backs that up (too many journals to post here). Being more of a libertarian type of person I'm more against the ease of access & blatant broadcasting rather than banning the content outright. It's all fixed by providing good role models within the family/friends circle - worked for me.

I was not aware of research that backs it up. Still, good to know that sometimes the research actually backs up *common fucking sense*. View women as mere sex toys, bang this one tonight (with your mates if you are lucky) and move on to the next slag tomorrow.

And of course, in this society, the guy is the frickin hero!

All in the name of 'free speech', say no to censorship? Give me a bloody break. Appeal to the lowest common denominator (and there is little that is more commonly shared between people other than sex) and make as much bloody money as you can.

Free speech is not 'freedom to harm or destroy', and if someone cannot 'predict' the social ramifications of viewing women like this then the current kerfuffle will look like a tea party compared to even two decades time.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Ulrich you are going way over the top....you don't have all the information to hand...have a view but you are way over the top with your last post with conspiracy theories largely generated by the media...which you have seen to taken hook line and sinker..

This sort of conspiracy rubbish evoked by the media to sell stories has gone way too far....give it a rest.....and don't fuel the BS the media has already pedalled as don't pretend you know all the facts...you don't....

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
So now it looks like $45,000 plus six match payments. Not small change for a guy on a regular contract. This matter should be closed now unless the ARU announce something new or the phone Bill Pulver is allegedly demanding be returned turns up.

Just read Rebecca Wilson's article of 10 October which makes a lot of sense when considering the Tribunal outcome. Perhaps her sources are a bit more reliable than those sledging her credentials. Then you should read her article from last night.

Only if you want to inform yourselves though.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
We will never know the whole truth. To get the right answer you need to ask the right person the right question. Unfortunately in this instance only KB (Kurtley Beale) was quizzed!

Status
Not open for further replies.