• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Back row is going to be a nice problem. With Leota back we are loaded with 6/8s.

I can see a big future for Kemeny and believe he will one day wear Gold. So could see him getting a lot of starts at 6.

Only issue in the back row is no.7 if Dickie leaves. There isn’t much behind Wilkin.
This is true and he's a high calibre 7 but it is a position that we tend to produce a lot of around Australia. Look a a guy like Tizzano, was sitting as a 3rd option at the Tahs so he left and I'm glad he's back because he's a Super standard 7.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
1. Gibbon
2. Mafi
3. Tupou
4. Salakai-Loto
5. Canham
6. Leota
7. Wilkin
8. Ekausi
9. Tuttle
10. Gordon
11. Anderson
12. Feliuai
13. Ripley
14. Pincus
15. Kellaway
16. Rangi
17. Eloff
18. Talakai
19. Smith
20. Kemeny
21. ?
22. Vaihu/Vaihu
23. Gordon

Interesting that Kemeny is kept on the bench. But knowing us, we will never have a fully fit 23.
This is my best XV. Based off a few assumptions:
- Uelese, Fa'amausili, Louwrens, Hardwick & Ili move on. This is based off players already re-signed in their positions and Aus. eligibility.
- I think Ripley will be re-signed.
To be fair, does any SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) team have a fully fit 23?

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Coach basically indicated Hardwick is off in the post match interview.

Said the players were up for it because of how special it was for Hodge, Hardwick and a few others.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Coach basically indicated Hardwick is off in the post match interview.

Said the players were up for it because of how special it was for Hodge, Hardwick and a few others.
Fair. Real shame, think we’ll really miss him next year. Quite surprised by how his running game has come on this year, really worked on his strength in contact. He’ll make some bleak european city a bit brighter.

did he specify who the others were? I guess Hosea & Philip.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Fair. Real shame, think we’ll really miss him next year. Quite surprised by how his running game has come on this year, really worked on his strength in contact. He’ll make some bleak european city a bit brighter.

did he specify who the others were? I guess Hosea & Philip.
No other mentions. Just said those names and then “others”. Didn’t indicate if others was in the match day squad or not.

Hodgey also mentioned several times when pressed about his thoughts on his last home game, that you never know after his stint in France. So would not surprise me to see him after that back. Which would be great, he’s such a good club man.

I could see Dickie in Japan

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
Ekuasi again looked great - how about trialing him as a centre - has gas, ball skills, size - seems a very similar player to Levi Aumua - then we can keep Dickie

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
It is a pity Dickie is not Wallabies eligible as I would have him on the plane to the land of the long white baguette.

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
With the talk of London Irish's demise and to compensate for the loss of 2 locks - what are our thoughts on getting Adam Coleman back (Hobert boy after all)?