• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rising 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Has everyone got the season tickets yet? Ordered mine a while ago, but nothing yet. Won't be a big issue because I'll miss the first home match.

D

daz

No, tickets are being mailed this week.

If the tickets don't arrive in time, they normally have your name at the gate so you can collect a ticket for that game.

D

daz

Has everyone got the season tickets yet? Ordered mine a while ago, but nothing yet. Won't be a big issue because I'll miss the first home match.

Putting it in perspective, you will miss 25% of the home games!

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
No sooner than we start babbling about rising memberships that we get the email to say they are on the way. GAGR wins again :)

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Melbourne Rising team to face North Harbour Rays:
1. Toby Smith (Melbourne Uni/Melbourne Rebels)
2. Pat Leafa (Box Hill/Melbourne Rebels) (Vice Captain)
3. Paul Alo-Emile (Power House/Melbourne Rebels)
4. Sam Jeffries (Melbourne Uni/Melbourne Rebels)
5. Cadeyrn Neville (Foostcray/Melbourne Rebels)
6. Luke Jones (Moorabbin/Melbourne Rebels)
7. Sione Taufa (Harlequin)
8. Lopeti Timani (Footscray/Melbourne Rebels)
9. Nic Stirzaker (Endeavour Hills/Melbourne Rebels) (Captain)
10. Jack Debreczeni (Endeavour Hills/Melbourne Rebels)
11. Tom English (Melbourne Uni/Melbourne Rebels)
12. Mitch Inman (Southern Districts/Melbourne Rebels) (Vice Captain)
13. Sefanaia Naivalu (Box Hill)
14. Telusa Veainu (Melbourne/Melbourne Rebels)
15. Jonah Placid (Melbourne Rebels)
16. Tom Sexton (Power House/Melbourne Rebels)
17. Tuiatua Tuia (Moorabbin)
18. Cruze Ah-Nau (Footscray/Melbourne Rebels)
19. OJ Noa (Harlequin)
20. Reuben Rolleston (Endeavour Hills)
21. Ben Meehan (Box Hill/Melbourne Rebels)
22. Lloyd Johansson (Harlequin)
23. Joe Kamana (Moorabbin)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Disappointed to see Fereti Saaga not named in the 23. Don't know if he is deserving or how close he is to a bench spot just really wanted to see the kid wreck it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Disappointed to see Fereti Saaga not named in the 23. Don't know if he is deserving or how close he is to a bench spot just really wanted to see the kid wreck it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah-nau needs more decent rugger as he's developing nicely. It's a shame but Saaga is being blooded at as a LH.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
This could probably be posted in the Rebels thread as well, but I'm curious to hear the thoughts on the current Victorian school leavers in the Rebels system. In particular there's Ahmu Tuimalealiifano, Sione Tu'ipulotu and Tom Blake who were all selected to represent Aus School Boys. Very talented boys and I wonder where they sit with the Rebels and Rising. My guess is that we'll see Sione in the next few years.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
This could probably be posted in the Rebels thread as well, but I'm curious to hear the thoughts on the current Victorian school leavers in the Rebels system. In particular there's Ahmu Tuimalealiifano, Sione Tu'ipulotu and Tom Blake who were all selected to represent Aus School Boys. Very talented boys and I wonder where they sit with the Rebels and Rising. My guess is that we'll see Sione in the next few years.

Tom Blake is the best athlete, Tuimalealiifano is probably the most natural and likely to make it for mine, and Sione is probably a little small but I'd love him to prove me wrong because he seems (from an outsiders perspective) to have a good head on his shoulders.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Obviously we've got some work to do before next week (Handling and Defence primarily it seems) but we got the win with the bonus point, and we again come up against one of the "weaker" sides in the comp.

Assuming McMahon is not rested again, I reckon he'd slot into Openside with one of Taufu, Noa and Rolleston dropping out, but making many more changes would be playing with form *cough* Tony round 3 *cough*.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Have to say, I really enjoyed going to a game on a Sunday arvo. It looked like quite a few people took advantage of being able to bring their kids along free... good stuff!

D

daz

Gotta give Luke Holmes credit; he was desperately trying to stay on the field, even though he was hit so hard that his entire family line back to Adam got a headache.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
He hasn't even taken it at speed; just a couple of half-steps and a bit of body drive. It's a shame the gif doesn't take in play right from the kick-off. Lopeti single-handedly destroys the kick receiver, rucks over and secures the ball, then takes that hitup against Holmes.

Legendary stuff.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
He hasn't even taken it at speed; just a couple of half-steps and a bit of body drive. It's a shame the gif doesn't take in play right from the kick-off. Lopeti single-handedly destroys the kick receiver, rucks over and secures the ball, then takes that hitup against Holmes.

Legendary stuff.
I'll have a go when I get home. Really was pretty awesome.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Smashedd him bro. The gif is too big to link here, can't really be bothered making a smaller one either. But if you wanted to check out Lopeti Timani, Destroyer of Worlds, click here - http://www.gfycat.com/ExemplaryUnderstatedHapuka

How can it be too big? It's never too big to get on here!! :D

ExemplaryUnderstatedHapuka.gif

Reactions: Tex

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)

For your viewing pleasure, go to about 21:30.

The ref probably should have stopped the play when Holmes didn't move.

Status
Not open for further replies.