• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

MOTM 3-2-1 Wallabies vs Boks Bloemfontein

Status
Not open for further replies.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
3. Beale. Game on the line in the 80th minute. Degree of difficulty 9.9. And he delivered.
2. Burgess. While others around him were choking under pressure and falling apart, he defended like a demon, injected much needed energy and attacked relentlessly. His quick tap led to the try that put us ahead.
1. Pocock. Has thrived against a fetcher-less Bok side.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
3. Beale - Match winner
2. Pocock - Insane workrate
1. Burgess - Injected alot of enthusiasm and composure.

I thought all the replacements were good when they came on - Barnes showed alot of class. Sharpe had a huge game as well. Backs in the 1st half were amazing - AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has to stay at 13 thanks.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
3 beale
2 pocock
1 mitchell

beale is obvious

pockock just is always everywhere and is a traditional mongrel, great for the team

mitchell played fantastically and was probably just as evident as pocock

TerryTate

Allen Oxlade (6)
3. Beale: for the kick but also for his confidence in running it and adding a dynamic quality to the counter-attack where because it was at altitude it would have been far easier to simply hoist it high.

2. Pocock: awesome performance at the breakdown, always a threat and seems to have an understanding of the new laws that even if he does get penalised every now and then he seems to get away with certain line ball calls because of his timing.

1. Cooper: faded in the second half but had strong flat balls and great tactical kicks that had purpose rather than simply kicking for the sake of kicking..

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
3. beale
2. burgo
1. pocock

same reasons as above.

ben mcalman is better then brown. Mumm is really a good impact player.

is just me or has fat cat gone downhill?

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
3. KB (Kurtley Beale)
2. Pocock
1. QC (Quade Cooper)

honors: burgo, sharpie, moore, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I think fat cat is going ok - he will benefit from packing down with a better tighthead, he can't do everything himself.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
ben mcalman is better then brown. Mumm is really a good impact player.

is just me or has fat cat gone downhill?

McCalman had a bloody good debut. Promising signs - more beef than Brown, loves a scrap, was in the thick of the action. Dropped off some tackles though, needs to fix that.

Hard to criticise Robinson. The fatties are going to struggle when games are played at such incredible pace.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
I think fat cat is going ok - he will benefit from packing down with a better tighthead, he can't do everything himself.

yup. doesn't look world class but he's still doing the job. had a couple fumbles tonight though. usually very good hands for a prop.

i think if pick n go was used more he'd stand out more. rocky, pocock, and sharpe are handling the one out running mostly.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
he was awesome in contact and seems like the kind of player that lifts others around him.

Thin Thighs

Ted Fahey (11)
3 = Bam Bam Pocock
2 = Sharpie
1 = Moore

Special mention of:
KB (Kurtley Beale) both positive and -ve impact on the game, but came thru with the Eales moment
Schmoo - gave it all

Extra special mentions for:
S Finger - What were you thinking? Your YC motivated the brave 14 to better things.
R Deans - Finally emptied the bench
W Barnes - I now know why the AB ferals do not like you

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
McCalman had a bloody good debut. Promising signs - more beef than Brown, loves a scrap, was in the thick of the action. Dropped off some tackles though, needs to fix that.

Hard to criticise Robinson. The fatties are going to struggle when games are played at such incredible pace.

Robinson's handling is letting him down for mine.

1. KB (Kurtley Beale)
2. Pocock
3. Sharpe

punisher

Bob McCowan (2)
3.D. Pocock
2.N.Sharp
1.D.Mitchell

special mention to Luke Burgess...cooling his heels for a while but held his nerve..

lonhro10

Frank Nicholson (4)
3 Pocock
2 Sharpe
1 Burgess

Cooper was looking good for some points but his defense in 2nd half especially was woeful..that needs some serious work you can't take boys that big high every time and it went close to costing the game

Thin Thighs

Ted Fahey (11)
For the short period he was on, Burgo certainly made an impact. Genia was OK while he was on. Did he just run out of puff, or is WG injured?

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Not sure what is up with Genia - some of his passing was very good and he did his job mostly but he was a bit slow to the ruck sometimes. He just doesn't have the killer instinct at the moment like he did throughout the Super 14. I think Burgess earned a start for the next game - give Genia some motivation to get his stuff back.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
i thought genia was yanked because him going missing at ruck time was starting to cost us

Status
Not open for further replies.