• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

MOTM 3-2-1 Wallabies vs Boks Bloemfontein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
3. Pocock
2. Sharpe
1. Beale

It's actually a hard pick this week for 2 and 1. Pocock was simply outstanding. I must say he was very lucky for his first steal in the second half, doing a McCaw and entering at the back and slipping around the side.

Worthy mentions to Giteau and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for the outstanding mid field defence. McCalman for proving the nay- sayers right "There are options", The whole front row and Elsom for finally starting to play like two years ago.

D

Doc

3. Pocock
2. Sharpe
1. McCalman

I find it scary that anyone has another player even close to Bam Bam. I remember watching subbies a few years ago and they had a really good 7. he was better than anyone else, so his hard work was often wasted (ie he'd force turnover, but not be supported). Watching the Wallabies, they remind me of this team. Pocock is playing another game to the rest of them, how many times this year has he done something exceptional only to be ruined by someone giving away a penalty or lack of support.

One of my greatest pet peeves is goal kickers (ie gits, burke) scoring big points and winning motm. They goal kick, that's their job. Props don't win man of the match for packing in scrums, hookers/jumpers dont for lineout work. The only thing that would peeve me more would be giving to beale. Yes, it was an amazing kick and it won me a packet of money, but if it wasn't for beales many errors (bad passes, dropped balls etc etc) the wallabies wouldn't have needed an 80min kick to win it.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
a big wtf to the SA crowd for booing their players like that... short memories

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
3. Pocock
2. Elsom
1. Burgess

Honorable mentions for Sharpe, Moore (what might have been last week), McCalman (great debut), AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (made up for last week's shocker), Barnes (great impact), Mitchell (would have got points except for the knock-on), Beale (the new Campese. Hang on, its going to be a wild ride.) and Dingo for finally using the bench properly. (Has he learnt a lesson, or is he just doing it to defer criticism?)

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
3 - Bam Pocock (simply outstanding - 9.5/10 - how could he NOT be everyone's MOTM?)

2 - AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (great game on attack and defence - his experience was invaluable)

1 - Rocky (best game this year, physical, wide running and captaincy)

Mention in Dispatches: Sharpie (work in the tight, control of the lineout, and defence), KB (Kurtley Beale) (not listed above due to basic errors but fab on attack), Sanchez (crisp delivery etc), and the rest..... Special mention to Burgo off the bench - livewire injection at just the right time.

PS Best first half since Wales last year.

wobbly

Fred Wood (13)
3 Pocock
2 McCalman
1 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

I'm applying more credit for defensive efforts than attacking. Many others worthy for their attack, but these 3 plus Moore were our defensive saviours.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Pocock and McCalman (3 and 2 MOM points). It will be good to see when we field a backrow where all 3 loose forwards hunt together effectively and efficiently like a pack ravenous hyenas.

G

GC

3. Pocock
2. Gits - don't understand why he's getting no love in the points. Excellent in all facets of play. No mistakes.
1. Rocky.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), JOC (James O'Connor), Sharpe, Genia also excellent. Some amazing play but too many mistakes from Beale and Cooper

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Do people really think Genia was good? I think he was poor. I hope to see Burgess start next week. He needs game time.

G

GC

Do people really think Genia was good? I think he was poor. I hope to see Burgess start next week. He needs game time.

Burgo can't pass. Sitting on then pine hasn't changed that. Great sub though.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Burgo can't pass. Sitting on then pine hasn't changed that. Great sub though.

Have another look at his time in this game and his match against England (1st test this year). He is no-where near as good passing off the ground as Genia but he has improved a lot from last year.

Burgess is the best defensive half back in Oz as evidenced by his tackle on Aplon and his sniping around the rucks made the Boks alter their alignment and hence Barnes was able to put Mitchell through on a great angle two from the ruck because the loosies were guarding Burgess at the ruck.

Genia is probably better on the sniping runs but I have a feeling he still isn't fully fit, he seems to be missing a bit of pace and more importantly the power that saw him shedding tacklers in close.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Attachments

• 8793.jpg
    8793.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 243

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
3, Pocock (again!)
2, Sharpe
1, Kurtley

With honourable mentions too: Gits (had a great game I thought), AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (his best game at OC, keep going son), Moore and Rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.