• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National Rugby Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
One can't deny the past performance of the SS team I will grant you that. I don't know that Randwick think they are at the high standard set by Uni however they are heading in that direction.
You can't fatten a pig on market day , I think the Wicks have been building things up over the last few years. The relationship with UNSW has developed from the Singpore sponsorship (BTW - they finished 4th in that) to something much stronger.
Their colts have been big improvers as have many aspects of the club. They have a very young side and need to strengthen key positions.
If you look back, you will see where they have been not where they are going.
I am presuming that, if they get picked to play 3T, they will get some players from Easts as well as the Waratahs and will be much stronger than the SS team.
One can't deny the past performance of the SS team I will grant you that. I don't know that Randwick think they are at the high standard set by Uni however they are heading in that direction.
You can't fatten a pig on market day , I think the Wicks have been building things up over the last few years. The relationship with UNSW has developed from the Singpore sponsorship (BTW - they finished 4th in that) to something much stronger.
Their colts have been big improvers as have many aspects of the club. They have a very young side and need to strengthen key positions.
If you look back, you will see where they have been not where they are going.
I am presuming that, if they get picked to play 3T, they will get some players from Easts as well as the Waratahs and will be much stronger than the SS team.
How can you say the colts have been big improves ?
1st colts were beaten by nearly 100 in a semi
2011 3rd colts made the GF and 2012 won the GF
2011? 1st colts were 20 seconds from nocking off Uni and going in the GF
So how are 2013 results an indication of colts being big improvers

djeff

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bruce, I think not being an arrogant dickhead leads to respect of the referees. Ridiculing and abusing an official for making an error from a player implies that player doesn't make any errors themselves. Only an arrogant wanker would think that.

When playing Under 18's AFL I was taught not to challenge or insult an umpires decision by my coach on the basis that he'd never heard an umpire saying to a player "fuck that was a shit kick", or "that was a shithouse mark you dropped", so don't do the same to him. Couldn't think of a more fair way to look at it personally.

Wholeheartedly agree, although some of the referees I have played under in FNQ liked to trash talk the players. then they wondered why no-one liked them and got really upset when people challenged their calls.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

I am NOT a fan of Randwick standing alone in National Comp.
What Macca possibly should have made more reference to is coming 4th in the CC as that as a club is an above average achievement.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)

I was referring to the improvement from 4 or 5 years ago when Randwick struggled to field 3 Colts teams and the teams they had were at the bottom of the ladder.
They are now consistently thereabouts (except being near the level of Uni).
I heard also that the Club continue to placing a much stronger emphasis on Colts than 4 or 5 years ago and have a large Junior programme with 130 boys below Colts level training throughout the summer.
As a side issue thought the 2011 Colts side was cracker & should have beaten Uni. Some of those lads are emerging Grade players now.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
I was referring to the improvement from 4 or 5 years ago when Randwick struggled to field 3 Colts teams and the teams they had were at the bottom of the ladder.
They are now consistently thereabouts (except being near the level of Uni).
I heard also that the Club continue to placing a much stronger emphasis on Colts than 4 or 5 years ago and have a large Junior programme with 130 boys below Colts level training throughout the summer.
As a side issue thought the 2011 Colts side was cracker & should have beaten Uni. Some of those lads are emerging Grade players now.
I agree the focus seems to have been much better over the past 4 or 5 years and Randwick have had good results it is good that they are continuing down this path

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
Randwick/ UNSW joining up with Central Coast
John Muggleton head coach and Wade Kelly assistant coach
I heard that a head coach has to be level 3 and assistant level 2
Northside of the harbour is getting well represented

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
Did I hear the Rays are enquiring about playing out of a Brookvale Oval for the NRC? Gosford isn't the spot for them it's not really in any of the 4 clubs catchment areas

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Good leverage and rivalry between the Rams and Rays from the old ARC. Will be interesting where they play from.
If we're on a nostalgia kick, surely the Rays would go back to Gosford. A logical sponsor for them would be a service station at Palm Beach or Avalon as Warringah fans would be reliving the car trips of 2007.
Did I hear the Rays are enquiring about playing out of a Brookvale Oval for the NRC? Gosford isn't the spot for them it's not really in any of the 4 clubs catchment areas
I think I might have hooked one.

Sorry, howya, I was being mischievous in suggesting that the Rays might be playing at Gosford. That choice was the pièce de résistance of NSWRU's botched manipulation of the ARC competition.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I think I might have hooked one.

Sorry, howya, I was being mischievous in suggesting that the Rays might be playing at Gosford. That choice was the pièce de résistance of NSWRU's botched manipulation of the ARC competition.

Not long now and they've gone off the bite.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I think there needs to be a LOT of time and effort put into the referees.

I haven't read what they are planning to do with them - are they planning on something specific in relation to the refs?

The ARU already has a National Referee Panel with referees, TMOs and referee coaches. The referees either referee or act as assistant referees for Super Rugby.

The panel is: Angus Gardner, Graham Cooper, Rohan Hoffman, Michael Hogan, James Leckie, Will Houston, Ed Martin, Andrew Lees, Steve Walsh, Matt O'Brien, Ed Martin, Ian Smith, Damien Mitchelmore and Anthony Moyes.

I suspect most but not all names on this panel will referee NRC. They will operate as ARs in the cities in which they live. Local referees will most likely be used as ARs in Melb, Canberra, Perth etc to keep the costs down.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
don't think that will happen, heard from a few people now that mid march is expected release. the twitter NRC guy also said this because "of the number of bids" which is strange because I thought they only recieved 11. Maybe that info was wrong.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
don't think that will happen, heard from a few people now that mid march is expected release. the twitter NRC guy also said this because "of the number of bids" which is strange because I thought they only recieved 11. Maybe that info was wrong.

They had 43 different bids IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.