• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I agree, and if he gets found guilty etc, he should get the chop. Well I think so anyway. I do reserve judgement until I know more, as I said I wanted Sevu Reece hung and quartered too, until I found out what hppened.

He has to do diversion right? Shouldn't he be stood down at least until he has satisfied that?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Plenty of spare change to help Rugby in the region then :)

Should be plenty of spare change to help rugby in regions of NZ;), just thought I would correct that for you mate, this is NZ, we don't get our 5-6yo rugby players to pay for our test teams;):p

Wilson

David Codey (61)
What a stellar example of all blacks character:

But Stuff can reveal the incident went further than what unfolded inside – and outside – Vault 21, with Frizell sending a chilling message over Instagram to a third party connected to the victims.

'’F... you b.... tell your friend to hide I’m gonna f... everyone’s up f... with the wrong guy,'’ the message read.

That threat, which was sent shortly after the incident unfolded, scared those involved, Stuff understands

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/a...ack-shannon-frizells-threat-after-bar-assault

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
If it true, he must be gone. I will say if it true it from a nameless person etc, but they will work it out.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If that stuff.co.nz report is accurate it's hard to see him getting Diversion & if convicted I don't see how NZR would have any option but to terminate his contract even if it means paying him out.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
If that stuff.co.nz report is accurate it's hard to see him getting Diversion & if convicted I don't see how NZR would have any option but to terminate his contract even if it means paying him out.

He's already been given diversion hasn't he? That was all done earlier this week (i.e. no conviction).

I'd drop him based on form alone. Two birds one stone.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ has another court date in September according to the reports I've read. You'd like to think the Police & Judge weren't aware of what's now being alleged & that had they been Diversion wouldn't have been an option. You'd also like to think that these new allegations would be taken into account at his September appearance. As I understand it Diversion isn't formally granted until he's completed whatever counselling etc the Judge ordered so surely if new information comes to light in the meantime that must be taken into account.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It's weird that diversion is even an option for offences like assault and battery.

Not exactly shoplifting is it.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ here's an overview of how it's supposed to work:

https://communitylaw.org.nz/communi...ut-of-courtdiversion-and-restorative-justice/

I'll let people draw their own conclusions as to how appropriately it's been applied in this instance.

Reading that is why I waiting to hear how true the latest thing is, if it true doesn't seem a less serious one. As I say I will await developments, but if this nameless person (only say that because if it my daughter, I would be pretty open about it, she's done nothing wrong) is telling truth I can't see him surving with just diversion etc.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
New Jersey released:

GU1915_APP_photo_front-center_gradient.png

So pretty much the old one with a white stripe on the false collar as opposed to the all-white false collar & made with recycled plastic.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/a...esigns-for-all-blacks-and-black-ferns-in-2021

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Never really notice if anyone wearing this year's jersey or not usually, still I suppose a few like to keep up with latest jersey.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not a lot you can do with 'All Black'

True mate, a stripe on collar doesn't make much difference, but seems some like latest jersey, but I have never bougt one in my life anyway, you know old fashioned bastard and you got to earn them etc. But I do understand that people like to wear them, either for a fashion statement or to show support for team.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Seems NZR in discussions with a French outfit Altrad for jersey sponsorship, whispers are about $15 mill a year for a couple of years ($30 mill), but how true it is we will wait and see.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
wonder if Rieko and Reece will get extended runs on the wings now.

my current wing rankings would be:

1 Rieko
2 W.Jordan: so what if he fluffs the odd defensive read; he's a goddamn try-scoring machine
3 Reece
4 Rayasi
5 Big Leicester

then a huge dropoff to the LOLffs not-wingers-at-all cohort:

6 Jordie Barrett
7 George Bridge
8 Dmac

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ only issue I have with 11. Rieko 14. Reece is that neither has a long kicking game. So for mine Jordan needs to start (& would've last night but for that not quite right hammy) & Rieko gets the 11/13 role.

Edit: can't help but notice that whereas you had my good self in the No. 8 mix you clearly don't rate my abilities as a wing/ centre/ fullback utility. DISAPPOINTING, that.