• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand vs Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
O'Brien and Best are real pests at the breakdown. The All Blacks are having a hard time getting over the advantage line.

I wonder if the Blacks are biding their time, waiting for Ireland to tire?

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I have that feeling Baron that they are just waiting for the sting to go out of the Irish.

Irish not helping their cause with these penalties as rough as that last one was.

Playing gallantly though.

P

Paradox

Fark me, McCaw in from the side and wins penalty. Owens was standing right there!

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fark me, McCaw in from the side and wins penalty. Owens was standing right there!

I try not to let him get to me nowadays. I actually thought he did quite well to force the penalty there.

That was a cracking first half. The Blacks seemed to have the better of the Irish in the latter stages of the half. However, the Irish defence has been their match so far.

P

Paradox

He doesn't normally annoy me but that was blatant. He never got back.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Cracking game, Blacks look dangerous with ball in hand tho and that last penalty was a bit harsh so I'm glad he missed that one. Come on Ireland.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Good, not great first half from us. Started really well and the signal we were up for it was when we stopped Read going over in the corner early on. Last week that would have been a try.

We showed good patience for our try and backed it up well by winning a pen to stretch to 10-0. NZ have come back into it through a combination of upping their tempo and sill errors and pens from us. 10-9 at half time but NZ could have gone in ahead if Carter had got that one right at the end.

Ireland need a near perfect 2nd half to bring this one home. We need to get more of the ball or NZ will eventually cross over and we'll be chasing the game.

Murray did really well for his try but his overall play has left me frustrated at times. He spends too much time looking around rather than moving the ball and was the cause of a turn over when he didn't notice the ball was out. He's got a great future ahead of him but he's still got a lot to learn.

O'Brien has had an impressive first half and the pack as a whole have had a good first 40. Backs need to step it up a bit from here. 1 point lead against the All Blacks is never enough, with one exception when it's in the red numbers at the end of the game and you've got the ball.

Expect NZ to come out really strong at the start of this half and try to blow Ireland away in the first 5-10 minutes. Ireland need to match that and should be looking to build on their lead. Too often for Ireland NZ get a try or two early on and we're chasing the game. It's about time we did something like that, trying to hang on to a 1 point lead against the best team in the world for 40 minutes is a bad plan.

J

Jiggles

McCaw is having a Poor game by his standards, and hasn't been impressive this year so far. Do you think he could become a Smit/Gregan style captain liability?

Status
Not open for further replies.