• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Big effort by these kids - country rugby players do generally travel well where it's not unusual to travel 3 - 5 hours for a game of footy (Western Plains, Central West, Central North etc) because it's fun and all part of it.

Admittedly having finished school and being over 18, we did play up a bit which made the trip home a little shorter! I think the bus hit about 10 kangaroos once going home from Carinda - a place made famous by the Lampe boys who used to swim across the river in floods to play a game of rugby. There was a field with posts and river sand - the dinners the ladies served after matches in the clubhouse were legendary.

Carinda has about 50 people, a pub (put on the map by a David Bowie clip) and a most magnificent police station (with one policeman) - the gov't had dragged a new one all the way there mistakenly in the 80s as it was meant to be for Quirindi. When they got it there, apparently it took them 6 months to realise what had happened and by the time they did, it was too late to drag back!

"Here's to Rugby", being a former-'Quirindi boy' (I spent the first 39 years of my life in Quirindi), and occupying multiple roles in the community, (from Rugby club committee to Chamber of Commerce President), I love this story!
The NSW Dept. of Public Works stuffed up, and sent the materials for a two-storey Police station/ Court House complex to Carinda (pop 50) instead of Quirindi, (pop 2,850).

Not wanting to admit their mistake, the NSW Govt. went ahead with constructing the only two-storey building in Carinda!!
Meanwhile, Quirindi which had 10 police officers, and a very active court house at the time, missed out!
On a trip back to The Gold Coast from Western Australia in 2003, I detoured via Carinda, and photographed the two-storey 'landmark', for my records!!

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
1st XV Newington 29 beat Riverview 20
2nd XV Riverview 32 beat Newington 29
3rd XV Newington 13 beat Rivervirew 10
16As Riverview 22 beat Newington 10
15As Newington 10 bat Riverview 7
All hard tough games played with skill, very physical particularly 15As. I do a brief match report later, have to go have dinner now

Bolivia

Herbert Moran (7)
All hard tough games played with skill, very physical particularly 15As. I do a brief match report later, have to go have dinner now
How about the 14a's?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

13As to Newington @50-0 (mercy rule invoked)
14As played off site, but a big win to Riverview from what I heard.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
A disappointing day at Bellevue Hill for the Scots faithful.
Make no mistake Joeys thoroughly deserved their win but Scots were their own worst enemy.
Sloppy line out work, dropped passes and fumbles at critical times.
This was a classic Joeys side of recent years. Well drilled, energetic and quick to pounce on errors.
Scots didn't handle the pressure from Joeys at all well.
It's back to the drawing board for Scots.
The win would have been bigger were it not for 3 tries from Billy Smith and Tom Yassmin who made the most of the patchy ball they received. Both are powerful runners who will be a handful for opposing teams this year.
If Scots can sort out the line outs, swing the ball wide quickly and give these 2 quality ball at pace they could still threaten but......there is a lot of work to be done...

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Make no mistake Joeys thoroughly deserved their win but Scots were their own worst enemy.
This was a classic Joeys side of recent years. Well drilled, energetic and quick to pounce on errors.
The win would have been bigger were it not for 3 tries from Billy Smith and Tom Yassmin who made the most of the patchy ball they received. Both are powerful runners who will be a handful for opposing teams this year.
If Scots can sort out the line outs, swing the ball wide quickly and give these 2 quality ball at pace they could still threaten but..there is a lot of work to be done.

Wristman,

There will be an interesting game next week at Joeys, when Joeys play Waverley, first time in 40 years.
Today Waverley beat Shore 66-7.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Wristman,

There will be an interesting game next week at Joeys, when Joeys play Waverley, first time in 40 years.
Trinity 1sts beat Shore, Joeys 3rds beat Trinity 1s 27-24 today.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
New v Riverview 1sts was a very entertaining game in which the lead changed on a number of occasions. Both teams were equally matched across the park. The New backs are much slicker than the backline of 2016, but the forwards aren't as dominant. So, the forward battle was about 50/50 and both teams had plenty of speed out wide to score tries.

New led 22-20 and scored a try on the bell to win 29-20.

Seconds was another see-sawing game in which Riverview kicked a penalty with a couple of minutes to go to lead 32-29. New had a number of kickable penalties before and after this, but elected to kick for touch and turned the ball over each time.

From what I can tell, a very even day of rugby with most scores reasonably close over the day. The only blow-outs in the higher grades were the 13As and 14As and each school won one of these.

Credit to the players and coaches of both schools on a great day of rugby.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Wristman,

I've heard good things about Waverley this year.
Joeys have a competitive side.
The test for Waverley will be whether they have the fitness levels required.
Waverley teams have at times been a bit short of match fitness early season.
Joeys will be relentless.
It will indeed be interesting

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
If Scots can sort out the line outs, swing the ball wide quickly and give these 2 quality ball at pace they could still threaten but..there is a lot of work to be done.

Scots had less than 30 percent possession all game ..... penalty count twenty something to Joeys and at least 30 unforced turnovers by Scots ....... was like watching an under 9 game from a Scots perspective and I'm not exaggerating ....... also 3 top level back players out injured they have plenty to improve on ....... not taking anything away from Joeys who were superbly prepared and were clinical all afternoon ........ Joeys all played superbly but 10 was outstanding, 14 and 13 were also everywhere ....... they will take some beating this season

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Scots had than 30 percent possession all game maybe less ... penalty count twenty something to Joeys and at least 30 unforced turnovers by Scots ... was like watching an under 9 game from a Scots perspective and I'm not exaggerating ... also 3 top level back players out they have plenty to improve on ... not taking anything away from Joeys who were superbly prepared and were clinical all afternoon .... Joeys all played superbly but 10 was outstanding, 14 and 13 were also everywhere ... they will take some beating this season

Joeys do indeed have a good side this year Rob Hart.
I was impressed by the number 9 as well.
The half back combination was an area where Joeys excelled and Scots were found wanting. Fast reliable ball makes the world of difference.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
The half back combination was an area where Joeys excelled and Scots were found wanting. Fast reliable ball makes the world of difference.

Definately agree I don't want to draw attention to specific players but Scots top two halfbacks both out injured currently ...... Scots did well today given the weight of possession to not have 50 points put on them ........ full credit to Joeys .......

Troy Dickson

Herbert Moran (7)

Joeys 1st XV today

1 Lincoln BLACKHALL
2 Julian HEAVAN
3 Harvey LAWLER
4 Nicholas JANSEN
5 John YATES
6 Jack QUINN
7 Liam SCOLARI
8 Ben HOUSTON
9 Dylan DOWLING
10 Vincent CREAGH
11 Dan O'BRIEN
12 Tom EVELEIGH
13 Triston REILLY
14 Lachlan SHORTIS
15 Nick CHAN

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Was told Trinity 1s beat Shore 1s 12-0 recently?, either way Joeys 3s beat Trinity 1s today.

Status
Not open for further replies.