• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Can anyone tell me why Kings 15As don't have a game v Shore this Saturday?

Having watched both the Kings & New 15As,together with the New V Shore 15As, there might be an element of Mercy in the decision. Last time TKS played Shore 15As they won about 72-7. With 20 minutes to go New had put on a score of 54-0 against Shore.

But a serious injury to a Shore player, ensured that game was called off at this point. I suspect if the game had continued, New like Kings would have got a 70 plus score.

These results can be pleasing to supporters if there one off scores. But when they become a regular part of the season against a specific school. They become a tragedy, as neither side learns much about Rugby or enjoy their Rugby. I hope Shore can find a suitable alternative maybe Cranbrook, Trinity or Canberra Grammar if want to travel. Equally, Kings,Newington, Riverview and Joeys are running out of strong teams to play.

A Kings parent told me at the 15As TKS/New Game that against Scots, Kings 15As took off a number of players to balance the teams. Largely due the imposition of TSC losing players to their GlenGarry outdoor education program. For Kings maybe a match in Canberra against Eddies might be more beneficial. Or a matchup with St.Augustine's 15As. The same applies to the other strong teams of this age. The CAS 15As sides such as Waves and KGS are not great sides either.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
OK, I think the score in the 'first round' was actually 84-7. So perhaps all the Kings teams are playing up a grade (i.e. Shore As v Kings Bs), which leaves the Kings As looking for a game.

Rugby Season

Stan Wickham (3)
2017 GPS Season Preview is now live - check it out

Thanks to all who contributed

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/2017-nsw-gps-season-preview-2/#disqus_thread

Very interesting read. Bit tough on View to be second last who I believe will surprise (the pack looked much more agile than Joeys who are big but lack speed IMO compared to Rorke & Moore etc) and with Easy & Bell in the back line will be a handful for any of the top sides noted above it. Kings, Scots, View, Joeys, New & Shore.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
the pack looked much more agile than Joeys who are big but lack speed IMO compared to Rorke & Moore etc

RS, think you better re-watch Sidesteppa's video of the Joeys V View game. I don't agree with your comments on the View pack being more agile than Joeys. I also don't think the Joeys pack are exceptionally big and they certainly do not lack speed!

near-full game footage >>​

First phase

Allen Oxlade (6)
Are all the GPS 1st XV fixtures being scheduled for a 11.15 am kick off so that all schoolboy players can go and watch the Sydney 3.00 pm kick off Test Match?

HeresToRugby

Chris McKivat (8)
Are all the GPS 1st XV fixtures being scheduled for a 11.15 am kick off so that all schoolboy players can go and watch the Sydney 3.00 pm kick off Test Match?
Ah Scots v Joeys first round, Wallabies v Scotland...? No brainer for most. Except for Joeys most schoolboys don't have to watch 1sts and 2nds in any case so would be free to go.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
OK, I think the score in the 'first round' was actually 84-7. So perhaps all the Kings teams are playing up a grade (i.e. Shore As v Kings Bs), which leaves the Kings As looking for a game.

According to the Shore fixture sheet the 15A rugby have "Withdrawn', which I assume is a euphemistic way of saying that their 15As are playing as 15Bs and there are no 15As?

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
I empathise with the Shore 15a"s but my son lines up week in week out to be beaten in a cricket score playing for a depleted Scots side ........ every week they do extra training sessions trying to stem the tide at less than half strength ........ at least half the side played in the C and D team in the 14"s ...... what is Shores excuse ?

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
That did happen once. Back when all games were played in the daytime at SCG.

Don't think it would be in living memory of any of the people scheduling school rugby these days.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Chris F

Bob McCowan (2)
According to the Shore fixture sheet the 15A rugby have "Withdrawn', which I assume is a euphemistic way of saying that their 15As are playing as 15Bs and there are no 15As?

It's no euphemism. The Shore 15A's have withdrawn. There are 2 or 3 of the 15B's who have played in the A's for the last two games due to injury who will return to the B's but it will not be the Shore A team running out on Saturday against Kings B's.

Shore 15A's will play against Riverview, Joeys and Scots at this stage as far as we have been told. They will also tour the Gold Coast in July.

The games against Newington and Kings have been blowouts and have been dangerous due to the significant mismatch between the size/skill of the players. Shore suffered two concussions, a bad shoulder injury and a neck injury in these games (to their better players) so the parents rightly encouraged the school to act, which they have with the parents support.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Good luck to the Shore 15A's and the GPS games they do play.

I think the school has got it right. Absolutely no good for anyone playing mismatches that increase the risk of serious injury.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Good luck to the Shore 15As in what games they continue to play. More importantly, they have given notice to Newington and Kings 15As that alternative matches need to be organised. Say between themselves Joeys and View. Just as I wish to see Shore 15As enjoy themselves, so I hope the boys in the stronger sides can be matched together. But the question remains who will challenge them, apart from themselves.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Good luck to the Shore 15As in what games they continue to play. More importantly, they have given notice to Newington and Kings 15As that alternative matches need to be organised. Say between themselves Joeys and View. Just as I wish to see Shore 15As enjoy themselves, so I hope the boys in the stronger sides can be matched together. But the question remains who will challenge them, apart from themselves.

Yes, maybe we need a broader comp?

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
The Joeys First XV for the game V Scots on Sat
IMG_0189.JPG

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It's no euphemism. The Shore 15A's have withdrawn. There are 2 or 3 of the 15B's who have played in the A's for the last two games due to injury who will return to the B's but it will not be the Shore A team running out on Saturday against Kings B's.

Shore 15A's will play against Riverview, Joeys and Scots at this stage as far as we have been told. They will also tour the Gold Coast in July.

The games against Newington and Kings have been blowouts and have been dangerous due to the significant mismatch between the size/skill of the players. Shore suffered two concussions, a bad shoulder injury and a neck injury in these games (to their better players) so the parents rightly encouraged the school to act, which they have with the parents support.

I stand corrected. Although, "withdrawn" does imply that they won't be playing again, normally when a team doesn't play for one week it's noted as a "bye".

A pity for the boys in the As that there will be weeks where they have no rugby.

Newington 13s are also touring the Gold Coast in July.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I stand corrected. Although, "withdrawn" does imply that they won't be playing again, normally when a team doesn't play for one week it's noted as a "bye".

A pity for the boys in the As that there will be weeks where they have no rugby.

Newington 13s are also touring the Gold Coast in July.
Hello Quick Hands any chance of a report and scores. Also will the 13s go into camp for their preparation against Trinity.
Kind Regards
B&W

Status
Not open for further replies.