• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BD hustler

Frank Row (1)
Honestly don't think that anyone would be injury free this weekend.

I agree! I heard that Rorke may be missing from View this weekend after doing an ankle apparently from tripping on a ball at training. Also Iggies will feel the loss of Angus Bell whilst he is having a short visit home (suspension).
Joeys are also missing a key number of players, with Rielly and Everleigh out its anyones game. Plus the shift of Dombkins from 2nds to wing will mean the younger boys will really have to step up this weekend.

Short Ball

Allen Oxlade (6)
Seems like the regular order of things has returned this week with all GPS footy...

Predictions:

I v J: Match of the round, both teams with a fair few injuries but coming off good wins. Always hard to pick these, but being one eyed I have to go with Riverview's home field advantage + outside backs carrying it home by 10 or less.

N v K: Two teams and two very different styles of footy. Kings have enjoyed some big wins already, such as thumping View and a comfortable win over Waverley. Newington seem to be struggling to hit their stride in the early days. Kings by 20.

S v E: I love an underdog but it's hard to overlook Scots here. They're a classy side with an especially mobile forward pack. Shore seem disjointed in the early days, and securing wins at Bellevue hill is always a challenge. Scots by a fair few.

PicknGo

Frank Nicholson (4)
I agree! I heard that Rorke may be missing from View this weekend after doing an ankle apparently from tripping on a ball at training. Also Iggies will feel the loss of Angus Bell whilst he is having a short visit home (suspension).
Joeys are also missing a key number of players, with Rielly and Everleigh out its anyones game. Plus the shift of Dombkins from 2nds to wing will mean the younger boys will really have to step up this weekend.
Not sure where you got your info on Riverview but team list for tomorrow is set. Can confirm there are 6 injured players who have started in the 1sts this year so a few players stepping up for the first time.Rorke and Bell are both playing.

Sounds like both teams are dealing with injuries so hopefully an even contest.

Eddie Myers

Frank Row (1)
News is circulating that the Joey's boys have planned a pitch invasion if they are to win this weekend against Iggies, in revenge for what happened last year.

Just looking to clarify if such activity will deduct competition points, but then again we are in trials? Tip is to look out at the conclusion of full time...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 8.48.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 8.48.15 PM.png
    489 KB · Views: 326

Short_Ball_Steven

Stan Wickham (3)
News is circulating that the Joey's boys have planned a pitch invasion if they are to win this weekend against Iggies, in revenge for what happened last year.

Just looking to clarify if such activity will deduct competition points, but then again we are in trials? Tip is to look out at the conclusion of full time.

There is no chance of that happening. Brother Anthony Boyd had a stern word to the boys last year in the lead up to the Joeys game against Iggies at View and made it clear that any invasion of the field following a win would not be tolerated.

The invasion at Joeys displayed Ill discipline and poor sportsmanship from St Ignatious College that should not be tolerated in schoolboy football. IMO any invasion of the field should have serious consequences for the schools 1st XV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Wazowski

Frank Nicholson (4)
Definitely. Joeys were attacking on the Kings line for some time in the second half. Kings defence was too good and managed to keep them out. I think Joeys are a better side, but Kings played some good footy today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I witnessed majority of the match as well. Kings played to their full ability, did very well in defence and I thought in attack as well. Kings just let in too many penalties in the dying minutes, which joeys capitalised on and did very well.
5-0 at half time to kings states how the game was a close one. Joeys played very well through the forwards and the result could of gone both ways.Great game and won't be surprised with a 1st and 2nd finish for these two teams.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
I witnessed majority of the match as well. Kings played to their full ability, did very well in defence and I thought in attack as well. Kings just let in too many penalties in the dying minutes, which joeys capitalised on and did very well.
5-0 at half time to kings states how the game was a close one. Joeys played very well through the forwards and the result could of gone both ways.Great game and won't be surprised with a 1st and 2nd finish for these two teams.

That's quite possible at this stage. We will have a better feel tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.