• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Joeys too good at Stanmore, but New staged a second half comeback before Joeys closed it out.

Joeys 32-7 at half time. Full time 47-24.

2nds to New 36-27
all other open games to Joeys

16A Joeys 22-7
other 16s games also to Joeys

15A Joeys 27-14
15B Joeys 56-7
15C Joeys 59-7

14A Joeys 47-14
14B Joeys 35-20
14C New 65-0
14D unknown

13A New 19-13
13B Joeys 22-21
13C Joeys 53-12
13D New 36-0
13F Joeys 17-15

NB - fixture below C games offset because of Joeys v TAS games at HH.

From what I can work out 2nds, 13A, 14C, 13D to New and all other games to Joeys.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
It was a game of 2 halves.
Never has the cliche been more appropriate.
Scots looking every bit GPS victors to the half time break.....and then......it all changed.
Kings surged and one try was quickly followed by a second.
Kings started to believe, their heads lifted and cheered on by their vocal supporters they clawed their way back into the match.
Scots went flat, passes were fumbled, poor options taken and the game, which appeared to be in the bag, hung in the balance.
Kings played much smarter rugby in the second half. The relentless hit ups of the first half (which had taken them nowhere) were replaced by strategic kicks and Scots were turning on their heels.
Suddenly nothing seemed to work for Scots and Kings caught a whiff of an unlikely victory.
21 of the 24 point deficit was achieved and their supporters were in raptures........alas.........in the end they were beaten by the clock.
Scots clung on.
The last 5 minutes were nail biting GPS rugby at their best.
Kings can hold their heads high. They displayed indomitable spirit to come back from a 24 point half time deficit. Few teams would have shown such belief and fortitude.
Scots should now go on to secure an outright title but Kings proved themselves to be a first class side and a very close runner up.
A word of caution though for Scots, they should not be complacent.......anyone from Shore who had mistakenly travelled to Bellevue Hill would have a comprehensive set of notes on how to cause the shock of the year next week and ruin Scots unblemished record.
Shore can never be taken for granted and have given Scots some unexpected scares in the past.
The fat lady hasn't sung just yet......

Old schooled

Frank Nicholson (4)
After watching Waverley dominate Knox today would have liked to have seen the battle which may have played out against Scots. Too bad the schools could not get the 2 best schoolboys teams on the same field for bragging rights.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hear that Grammar beat Kings in the 3rds 3-0 (and old school scoreline if ever there was one)
We beat kings 6 -3 in 1993. Traded penalty goals then an arm wrestle for the rest of the game. Clung on to win an epic game

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Thanks. For posting score updates. Close call. Phew. Nearly had a heart attack. Kings put up one hell of a fight. Scots probably didnt play their best half. Congratulations Scots.

Well done Rich, Scots triumph again.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
After watching Waverley dominate Knox today would have liked to have seen the battle which may have played out against Scots. Too bad the schools could not get
the 2 best schoolboys teams on the same field for bragging rights.

Old schooled,

Yes many agree with that thought, also a local derby, and Waves played View twice this year and every other GPS school, rather than Scots once.

Silly stuff, the schools need to sort this out, imagine the crowd if they played each other.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Old schooled,

Yes many agree with that thought, also a local derby, and Waves played View twice this year and every other GPS school, rather than Scots once.

Silly stuff, the schools need to sort this out, imagine the crowd if they played each other.

Waverley and Scots played each other every year until very recently. It was between the two schools as to why the annual fixture stopped, nothing really to do with anyone else or any organisation interfering.

Perfectly open to the two schools to organise without reference to anyone.

EDIT: The game should actually be more about the game (i.e. the kids on the field) rather than the crowd (i.e. old boys and parents)

Old schooled

Frank Nicholson (4)
Waverley and Scots played each other every year until very recently. It was between the two schools as to why the annual fixture stopped, nothing really to do with anyone else or any organisation interfering.

EDIT: The game should actually be more about the game (i.e. the kids on the field) rather than the crowd (i.e. old boys and parents)

As I suggested it would be for bragging rights for the boys. How many of us remember the wins we had. I would be more excited to watch that game than any Super Rugby I have watched this year.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)

Agree completley QH,

Sure it would have been an absolute cracker, shame these things aren't thought through better, ie you won't know at the beginning of a season who will dominate, but at least if your schedule games equally, then this type of thing won't happen.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Agree completley QH,

Sure it would have been an absolute cracker, shame these things aren't thought through better, ie you won't know at the beginning of a season who will dominate, but at least if your schedule games equally, then this type of thing won't happen.

It would make sense for WC and TSC to have an annual fixture as they used to. IIRC there was some sort of dispute between the schools that stopped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.