• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2018

Tip the 2018 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Scots College Rugby/Football/Volleyball?

Opens 9/8/4
Under 16 6/4/2
Under 15 3/2 (Glengarry year)/2
Under 14 6/5/2
Under 13 7/5

Rugby (31) Football (24) Volleyball (10)

33cbd42af67dfb966a763dfc3e85f776--play-volleyball-volleyball-players.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I think you will find that the winner of the 13A’s was St Augustine’s by a huge margin. You have it the wrong way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there "What..the"
Result has been confirmed by Joeys.
13A
Joeys 59
St Augustine's 0

One eyed pirate

Ward Prentice (10)
I think those rugby/soccer splits are good from a rugby perspective. I have a boy who is currently going through club and school rugby and if it wasnt for all the negative comments I hear in the press, you would think junior rugby is doing reasonably well. There are also 17 in a rugby team vs 12-13 in a soccer team. I also notice that the 'non sporty' kids are falling into soccer and afl. Dont get me wrong, there are plenty of talented kids playing soccer and afl but their numbers are bolstered by compulsory sport rules.

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
SJC Winter Sports Teams 2018

Rugby/Football
Opens- 12/6
Under 16- 8/1
Under 15- 8/2
Under 14- 7/3
Under 13- 7/3

42 teams 15 teams (too many)

What is the split at other schools?

Do you know how many AFL teams Joey's has now, and in what age-groups? Read that it was more than they have ever had in the past, but not sure what that means.

BAR

Chris McKivat (8)
They will do well but may struggle against View and Joeys. Without Joseph Suaalli (1st XV) they don't have the same punch, but still have some pretty able outside backs. We almost matched them in the forwards I thought on the weekend although one of their forwards had a very strong game and made plenty of metres with the ball.
Anyone know how Kings got clearance for a 15yo to play up three age groups? Not an outcome that the ARU documentation appears to support. (I should add I don’t have a problem with this where it is safe for the player(s) concerned but I know another school struggling with a similar outcome).

Sparkle Motion

Peter Burge (5)
Anyone know how Kings got clearance for a 15yo to play up three age groups? Not an outcome that the ARU documentation appears to support. (I should add I don’t have a problem with this where it is safe for the player(s) concerned but I know another school struggling with a similar outcome).

I don't think it would be that big a problem - there are, or should be, 15 year olds in year 11 (you would expect this year's year 11s to be born late June 2001-June 2002 for this year with the entry dates). I know lots of kids are held back for a range of reasons and some repeat years so there will be an age spread between "true age" year 11s and those who delayed their schooling.

JuanBarn

Herbert Moran (7)
I don't think it would be that big a problem - there are, or should be, 15 year olds in year 11 (you would expect this year's year 11s to be born late June 2001-June 2002 for this year with the entry dates). I know lots of kids are held back for a range of reasons and some repeat years so there will be an age spread between "true age" year 11s and those who delayed their schooling.

I think what concerns most people though is that this particular boy is in Year 9. (Though he is certainly built like a Senior boy) Which is the correct year group for U15s. U15s are considered young in year 10, who started school early, but you would really only see the academic type of U15 in year 11 and they are probably not the guys who would be playing 1st 15 rugby.

Sydney Rugby Fan

Allen Oxlade (6)
The forecast for Saturday (windy with showers) will be a great leveller for the games where there is a clear favourite. I am heading off to Joeys on Saturday, and I reckon Shore will fancy their chances in the expected colder conditions. What do others think?

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)

Kids turning 15 would almost all be in Yr 9, and a few "young ones" who started school early would be in Yr 10. It's very rare for a boy turning 15 to be in Yr 11 and would only be there if he'd started school young and then also been accelerated academically at school.

HeresToRugby

Chris McKivat (8)
The forecast for Saturday (windy with showers) will be a great leveller for the games where there is a clear favourite. I am heading off to Joeys on Saturday, and I reckon Shore will fancy their chances in the expected colder conditions. What do others think?

Should be interesting. Joeys have played one game and that was back on 7th April. They had planned only for the one game since then which did not go ahead and so in my mind (even with that game being played) raises questions whether such a program is wise - time will tell. It is a long trial season so that is most likely the reason why they are on horse they are on compared to the others and could be seen as being genius or just being left behind. We really don't know yet how strong/weak this team is compared to the others.

I know for a fact our boys are jumping out of their skin for game time and they will need to ensure their desire to impress doesn't impact cohesion. I don't believe there will be any complacency.

Sparkle Motion

Peter Burge (5)
Kids turning 15 would almost all be in Yr 9, and a few "young ones" who started school early would be in Yr 10. It's very rare for a boy turning 15 to be in Yr 11 and would only be there if he'd started school young and then also been accelerated academically at school.

I assumed that they were already 15 (turning 16 this year), that would place them in either year 10 or 11 given the time of year if they start in the windows listed by the dept of education. https://education.nsw.gov.au/public...ublic-schools/primary-schools/starting-school

e.g. "Children can start Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year if they turn 5 on or before 31 July that year. By law, all children must be in compulsory schooling by their 6th birthday". So the dates for this year's year 11s would typically be 1 August 2001 to 31 July 2002, although many parents hold their children back.

Sparkle Motion

Peter Burge (5)
Big day at Stanmore with all the senior New teams playing at the senior school, other than the 14s who will be out at Tempe. Almost all games vs Scots.

Games on both Old Boys fields from 8am (all 13s, 15s and 16s), and the 6ths start proceedings at 10am on with the first XV clash at 3.15. The New backline look really quick this year, hopefully, an opportunity for an entertaining game. Rug up and make a day of it!

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)
I assumed that they were already 15 (turning 16 this year), that would place them in either year 10 or 11 given the time of year if they start in the windows listed by the dept of education. https://education.nsw.gov.au/public...ublic-schools/primary-schools/starting-school

It's not that uncommon for boys turning 16 to play in a 1st XV, it happens every year. This boy is apparently only 15 this year hence the interest/concern with him playing up in the Firsts.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Will depend on whether some key players are back from injury, but having a stab, I predict wins of :

* 7 points or less for Scots over New
* 7 points or less for Kings over View
* 7- 14 points for Joeys over Shore.

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Having seen Joseph play at State championships over the last couple of years I don't think there is any doubt he can handle opens rugby. I'm sure Kings have completed all the necessary paperwork and had him assessed to play up. Good luck to the young fellow apparently he is going quite well.